SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-18-11, 07:00 AM   #106
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feuer Frei! View Post
I must admit, my issues were account-based.
Rather I couldn't remember password, emailed support no reply, attempted to reset password, tried that, no go, needless to say I got fed up with it and ever since then shunned steam games.
All the stuffing around with this BS password and username before I can play a game. (Game was LFD2).
Why the hell should I be forced into having to log into a game?
Stuff that.
And I assume you can create a brand new account?
But. Won't it pick up your same email address that you used for the old account( which would still be active)? Hence a no go for a new account?
Someone confirm or deny that.
Just tried the password recovery system and it seemed to work without a problem.

You need to know your username and the answer to the secret question
which you answered to at some point during your account creation (f.e.
Who was your childhood hero?").

Oh and yes, it would most probably notice the same email addy you're using to make a new account.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-11, 07:02 AM   #107
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 1

I love Steam, never had a problem with it, and I purchase 95% of my games from Steam.

Non-issue for me.

So with that being said, check out the new character models. They look outstanding: http://p2pirate.imgur.com/16279#r2mnq

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
mookiemookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-11, 07:31 AM   #108
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Oh ffs, Sky. Not this BS again.

Didn't we establish in the Shogun 2 thread (IIRC) that the issue was most likely
between the keyboard and the chair.
No, because you completely ignored what was described in problems and showed solutions that did not work the way you described them - which was no surprise since you ignored the real nature of the problem in the first.

Plus short time later I learned that the problems were raised by their server - not by his PC or connection. At that time the web showed many complaints of people unable to connect - for days.

I meanwhile have gotten his DVD (at his high age he does not expect to ever install it again ), and I tried it again last month, on my own and very different system with complete different connection. It installed, and then came an update, but this time I were not even able to laucnh a single session, because immediately it all bogged down again into a mess. After three attempts and all in all I think almost 10 hours of frozen or disurpted servers, I deinstalled it, deleted Steam manually. With a flawless record of total failure, I have no desire to ever touch this nonstarter again.

And if you skim the web, you see that I am not alone with this attitude - or these problems. By far not. He played it a few times, then it broke down. Me was not able to even play it a single time, it broke down immediately. Web holds many complaints of people not having been able to play their Steam games for even a single time.

That'S all message I need.
Old 08-18-11, 08:53 AM   #109
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookiemookie View Post
I love Steam, never had a problem with it, and I purchase 95% of my games from Steam.

Non-issue for me.

So with that being said, check out the new character models. They look outstanding: http://p2pirate.imgur.com/16279#r2mnq
Phenominal.
Takeda Shingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-11, 09:32 AM   #110
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeda Shingen View Post
Phenominal.
Aren't they? The orcs are scary. The wood elves look like dark elves to me, though.

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
Old 08-18-11, 10:00 AM   #111
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

Those character designs look really good

HunterICX
Old 09-01-11, 07:44 AM   #112
Arclight
Navy Seal

Location: Land of windmills, tulips, wooden shoes and cheese. Lots of cheese.
Downloads: 53
Uploads: 10

Quote:
... What I’m seeing today is Bethesda’s Pete Hines rummaging through corpses’ pockets for loot and doing mental arithmetic about weapon stats – demonstrating that Skyrim is at least as much about calculation as it is about combat. Watching someone compare swords sure isn’t as much fun as watching someone shoot a dragon out of the air. It is, however, more important – because here he’s playing Skyrim you or I would play it, showing of its roleplaying heart rather than its flashy face.

A Realistic Hour With Skyrim

Contritium praecedit superbia.
Arclight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-11, 08:51 AM   #113
Spike88
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 36

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/119/1191764p1.html
Quote:
How crafting, alchemy and well-constructed mythology could make Skyrim one of the most impressively cohesive worlds in gaming.

Article contains information on how you need to experiment to get all the possible outcomes for Alchemy and cooking. And this bit is interesting:
Quote:
Smithing is rather more complicated. You can mine ore from deposits all over the place – from the tops of mountains to underground caves – which then has to be turned into ingots before you can use it for a helmet or a sword or a breastplate at a forge using hammer and bellows. There are grindstones for improving blades as you develop your skills. Meanwhile, all those wolf pelts that you inevitably accumulate on your adventures can be cured and made into useful, wearable, smithable leather for use at a workbench. As well as treasure and secret nuggets of Elder Scrolls mythology, you'll now be searching for rare ores and ingredients in Skyrim's hidden places. It's yet another reason to explore, and another natural way of immersing you in the game's fiction.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/119/1190880p1.html
360 gets DLC 30 days before PS3 and PC. Given the fact that the game is rumored to be 300+ hours, I doubt anyone will really notice.

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/1...023139075.html

Also plenty of character faces to look through.
Old 09-01-11, 09:29 AM   #114
Spike88
Ocean Warrior

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/pa...scrolls/720075

New interview
Old 09-01-11, 09:46 AM   #115
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

The artwork and design seem darker, grittier. It is like they put some Fallout in TES, which is refreshing as compared to the typical sanitized fantasy setting.
Takeda Shingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-11, 06:49 AM   #116
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 223

Quote:
Smithing is rather more complicated. You can mine ore from deposits all over the place – from the tops of mountains to underground caves – which then has to be turned into ingots before you can use it for a helmet or a sword or a breastplate at a forge using hammer and bellows. There are grindstones for improving blades as you develop your skills. Meanwhile, all those wolf pelts that you inevitably accumulate on your adventures can be cured and made into useful, wearable, smithable leather for use at a workbench. As well as treasure and secret nuggets of Elder Scrolls mythology, you'll now be searching for rare ores and ingredients in Skyrim's hidden places. It's yet another reason to explore, and another natural way of immersing you in the game's fiction.

Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others.

kiwi_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-11, 07:36 PM   #117
Spike88
Ocean Warrior

Default Quantom Conundrum

Whoops wrong areas.

Last edited by Spike88; 09-05-11 at 07:47 PM.
Spike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-11, 10:08 AM   #118
Arclight
Navy Seal

Location: Land of windmills, tulips, wooden shoes and cheese. Lots of cheese.
Downloads: 53
Uploads: 10

This ought to be good: Chasing The Dragon: 20 Minutes Of Skyrim

* spoilerish in opert 2

Contritium praecedit superbia.

Last edited by Arclight; 09-12-11 at 10:23 AM.
Arclight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-11, 10:24 AM   #119
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

Wow...that game is shaping up really nice
I really like the scenery and the dragons look awesome.

HunterICX
Old 09-12-11, 10:31 AM   #120
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

I'm reaching the point where I'm not watching any videos of the game anymore. I don't want to ruin the experience of the wonder and magic the first time I fire up the game.