SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-13-14, 12:26 AM   #11341
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Can we Script Minimum Days in Base?

Hi, tried to PM but you have exceeded your messages quota.

I have been away for a long time, almost 2 years.
One of the first things I encountered after updating MODS was entering bunker 1 day before a mission started so upon exiting bunker, 13 days of mission time had already been wasted.
I obviously edited my data\CFG\UPC.cfg changing value for MinimumDaysInBaseGE=14 to 1 so I could at least have a chance to complete the mission.

This got me thinking. The value for MinimumDaysInBaseGE=XX may be a variable that could be scripted.
If this is possible, We can set default to one(1) and I could script time for each piece of equipment being changed/added.
i.e.
SET MinimumDaysInBaseGE=%MinimumDaysInBaseGE%+XX
for each piece of equipment being changed or added.

The variable would be set/updated every time you hit the accept button located on bottom right of upgrades menu.

Not sure how to or if we even want to handle torpedo loading because dragging torpedo doesn't use button to execute scripts. The default of one(1) day would be enough to cover torpedo loading and refueling.

Maybe even have a UI Menu option to give like 1, 2, 5 or 10 days of shore leave to crew that is only available when near base or friendly port. Like when the Refit option appears.

I do know that if the variable is set before entering bunker it will be saved to save game or when entering bunker but not sure about the shore leave part.
And if some one makes equipment changes in bunker we may have to update Entering Bunker and or latest save game file when exiting Upgrades Menu.
%UserProfile%\Documents\SH5\data\cfg\SaveGames\<La stSave>\CareerTrack.upc
PatrolStartDateTime=YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS

The %UserProfile% is a default OS variable that is set when a User logs onto the computer. Not sure how to access this variable from game but game know where to put save files.

What do you think?

Regards!
TheBeast

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire

Last edited by TheBeast; 08-14-14 at 05:28 PM.
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-14, 02:33 AM   #11342
MadCowMoo
Swabbie

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
What version of NewUI's are you running?
What view is having trouble (O Scope, A Scope, UZO)?
Is the TDC turned On?

You can also make short cut key in data\cfg\commands.cfg
I use "I" myself but I do use the Officer menu as you describe as well.
Code:
[Cmd343]
Name=WP_Identify_target
Contexts=1
MnID=0x3F130002
StringID=1073
Key0=0x49,,"I"
HasDelayedExecution=Yes
Sound_0=ELO_Weapon,Target_identified
Magnificent!!

Thank you very, very, very much my friend. I have to say this community makes "newbie subs nubs" like me feel very welcome.
Old 08-18-14, 02:18 PM   #11343
Dragon81
Engineer

Downloads: 68

Hi TheDarkWraith,

may I report a little bug I noticed?

In the OptionsFileEditorViewer I activated the graphical NavMap tools.
When I'm in the NavMap and switch to the Outside view by pressing [F2], the normal Tools for the TAI Map are missing.
A workarround is to open the NavMap again and close it by using the Stiringwheel icon on the top right side.
Then the TAI Map tools are visible again.
Dragon81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-14, 09:29 PM   #11344
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon81 View Post
Hi TheDarkWraith,

When I'm in the NavMap and switch to the Outside view by pressing [F2], the normal Tools for the TAI Map are missing.
A workarround is to open the NavMap again and close it by using the Stiringwheel icon on the top right side.
Can you show me a screenshot of the option you enabled in the Options Editor/Viewer and also a screenshot of the tools that were enabled with that option in game just so we're on the same page?
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-14, 09:44 AM   #11345
Dragon81
Engineer

Here we go
Attached Images
File Type: jpg OptionsFileViewer.jpg (85.5 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg NavMap.jpg (90.9 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg ToolbarEnabled.jpg (87.8 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg ToolbarDisabled.jpg (87.7 KB, 46 views)
Old 08-19-14, 11:20 AM   #11346
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Here we go
Yep, we're on the same page I'll look into it.
Old 08-19-14, 11:23 AM   #11347
Dragon81
Engineer

Nice! Many thanks!

Please, once you fixed the problem, can you tell me how to upgrade Wolves of Steel to the latest NewUI version???
Old 08-19-14, 07:48 PM   #11348
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by imker View Post
I am using for Newuis 7.5.0 test version 17 with Silent Hunter 3 style.
The problem:
When i hovering mouse cursor on the first dial (speed) it is zooming ok, but when i hovering mouse on second dial (compass/heading), it is not zooming after first dial, and i should shake my mouse up and down to zoom second dial.
In the native Silent Hunter 4 and SH3 games, you can drag mouse from left to right by one moving, and all dials will be smoothly zooming and shrinking in sequence each after other.

How to solve this problem?
I want to smoothly zooming and shrinking all dials by one mouse moving from left to right like it was in SH3, SH4 old games.

Sorry for my bad English.

SOLVED
Problem lies in file named Page layout.py. There one variable: ADialAlreadyZoomed, I deleted links on this variable in 6 strings of this file. And also edited TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py, The result is great.
There are path on this mod, you can install it by jgsme.
http://yadi.sk/d/XJXIer58PSepo
It makes 3 dials smoothly zooming like in sh 3 and 4.
That is one way to do it but it's not perfect and thus why I have the variable in there. You can have the possibility of two dials zoomed without the variable and that bugs me. The way I currently have it is acceptable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Hello,
Speed ​​of the VIIB in diving emergency seems excessive! I reached 100m in a few seconds. Better than a Porsche! My computer is too fast or is it a bug ?
Normal diving, time necessary was 30 seconds. See here specificity :
http://www.u-boote.fr/charact.htm
Enable the RPM inertia patch of my Generic Patcher. This will make the player's unit acceleration (and deceleration) much slower and thus slow down the emergency diving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aluc24 View Post
Bug report: hydrophone "hydrophone follow selected target" doesn't work properly. If I point needle towards desired target, hydroman says "no target to follow".

If I put needle to ship heading + target bearing and then press "follow", the needle swings and hydroman acquires target.

It works with no problems only if u-boat heading is 0.

Can you please fix this?
Fixed in v7.5.0 test version 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitzh View Post
Hello, I've recently started using this mod as part of The Wolves of Steel mega mod, and I'm having a very minor issue, but one that I would still like to fix if possible.

When I play the game at my native 2560x1440 resolution, there is a problem where the TAI is displaying in the upper left hand corner over the torpedo controls. I've tried disabling and enabling the TAI, as well as setting its starting width and height to both 0 and the default. It displays in this position both when enabled and disabled. I have also tried deleting all the Pagex_Draggables.TDW files in the install directory.

When I switch to 1920x1080, the TAI displays correctly.

I have linked a screenshot with the problem highlighted, I apologize if it is a bit difficult to see.

http://i.imgur.com/xCsTso4.jpg

Thanks for the assistance.
I tried all different resolutions (up to 2560X1600 which is my native resolution) and was unable to reproduce your problem. Not sure why you are having problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Infanterie19 View Post
I have a couple of questions that may have been asked somewhere in this huge thread, but which I couldn't find:

1. Is there a setting to have the journal autosave on exit, or do we have to always manually save it before exiting, either within the game, or by exiting to the main menu first? If there isn't a setting, would it be possible to create a setting in options to allow us to have it autosave?

2. Is there a setting in options that allows us to have TC set to 1 (and the flashing icon) upon receiving a new message from BdU that comes through the Captain's Log? I would like it to be the same action as I get with the message log, so I don't have to a) constantly check the CL for messages, or b) miss good messages in the CL, because I checked too late to take appropriate action on a reachable sighting.

Thanks!
1. There is no autosave for the ship's journal. You must exit to main menu in order to have a chance to save the ship's journal. This was the best solution I found.

2. That would require a new patch to be made for the SH5.exe. I'll add it to my list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester_UK View Post
Couple of quick question:

I've got destroyed marks showing up with TDW's generic patcher installed. But any destroyed marks are cleared on saving and exiting the game. Is that supposed to happen or are they supposed to be stored and reappear on the map next time you start it up?

Secondly: The navigator...... Telling you every minute or two that you're in shallow water. I don't want to mute him completely, since the initial warning of such is useful, but is there any way to stop the repeated reports?

Alternatively is there a mod that adds a Luger to the captain's cabin so I can at least shoot the bugger??????
in versions less than 7.5.0 the destroyed marks are saved in the ship's journal. This means you must have an active journal. In versions >= 7.5.0 the destroyed marks are saved to the campaign's files. If there are problems with the destroyed marks still let me know what they are.

In order to have the "We're in shallow waters' fixed will require a new patch to the SH5.exe (this annoys me also!). I'll add it to my list

Quote:
Originally Posted by moha14881 View Post
I once decided to move the recognition manual to the left outside the screen!! The problem is I can't get it back on screen!!
To bring it back I had to uninstall the whole thing and fresh install it back!!!
Miserable drastic condition!!!!!
Anyhow I want to avoid getting back to that bridge!!!!
Fixed in v7.5.0 test version 18.

Quote:
Hi TheDarkWraith,

Fixed in v7.5.0 test version 18

v7.5.0 test version 18 available here: https://www.mediafire.com/?artutmb6l6ulr2o

v7.5.0 - fixed bug in TDWMouse.dll that could cause python exception to be thrown
- redid destroyed marks
- made the whole left side of the NavMap features window draggable so that those users whose screen resolution is small can still view the whole window by dragging it up/down
- added a new order to the engineer's orders: electrics only. When this is clicked and enabled then propulsion will be limited to electric propulsion only (requires patch from Generic Patcher enabled for this)
- removed old sextant. Added a new sextant to the game. The sextant is used by calling up the Sextant window from the Navigator's order bar. This requires the Stadimeter being used as sextant patch to be enabled in the Generic Patcher. To use the sextant: call up Sextant window, place the scope reference line on the horizon, press the Enable sextant button in the Sextant window, press the Stadimeter button (little button above the TDC range dial), place green reference line on object wanting angle of, read out angle in the sextant window
- added two additional add-on mods: NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_gap_Sextant_Mask_Eye_Reflection and NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_gap_Sextant_Mask_No_Eye_Reflectio n. These can be used to set a mask for the Sextant (by default the sextant has no mask - just open display)
- added a new user option that controls the starting and minimum width of the messagebox. Minimum width is 180.0. Default is 315.0 (stock size). (MessageBoxMinimumWidth)
- revised Automation so that it dynamically 'loads' the commands for the script when script is played. When script is stopped the commands are 'unloaded' to free memory. This dramatically reduces the memory used with all the scripts loaded in.
- when Disable sextant is clicked in the sextant window it will also disable the sextant window now
- fixed bug of being able to close sextant window while sextant was active (if this happened then there was no way to deactivate sextant!)
- fixed bug of button for using sextant disappearing after using the sextant
- added a new icon to the engineer order category: diveplanes
- added a new orders bar: diveplanes. This has the orders for controlling the diveplanes (if the manual diveplanes patch is enabled of my Generic Patcher)
- fixed problem of depth bar not rendering if the add-on mod NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_AltAdvSpeedGraphics_by_naights was enabled
- fixed bug of after using Sextant none of the order bars would be visible and camera zoom was 'zoomed'
- fixed bug of tutorials always showing corrupt in the main menu
- added a new parameter to the user chart files: Sizeable=. If this value is 1 then the chart is sizeable by using the mousewheel, dragging a corner, or dragging a side. NOTE: the chart's size will NOT be saved and will be restored to original size at game end or exit to main menu
- user charts now dynamically load/unload thus saving memory used
- Revised hydro follow target to fix lock-on problems
- Fixed problem of map tools not being visible when option map tools as objects is enabled under certain situations
- At start of game if SOAN's left tab is found to be off the right hand side of the screen or it's right tab is found to be off the left hand side of the screen then SOAN will be reset to it's as-designed position (this ensures at least one of the tabs is visible at all times)

This new test version is needed to test the revised stadimeter as sextant patch of the Generic Patcher v1.0.164.0

See here for information on revised stadimeter as sextant patch:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=3185
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=3186

download info for v7.5.0 test version can now be found at post #1 also
Old 08-19-14, 07:53 PM   #11349
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Nice! Many thanks!

Please, once you fixed the problem, can you tell me how to upgrade Wolves of Steel to the latest NewUI version???
I'm not sure what was changed but if it were me I'd just enable the newest version of my UIs mod after that mod
Old 08-19-14, 07:58 PM   #11350
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
One of the first things I encountered after updating MODS was entering bunker 1 day before a mission started so upon exiting bunker, 13 days of mission time had already been wasted.
I obviously edited my data\CFG\UPC.cfg changing value for MinimumDaysInBaseGE=14 to 1 so I could at least have a chance to complete the mission.

This got me thinking. The value for MinimumDaysInBaseGE=XX may be a variable that could be scripted.
If this is possible, We can set default to one(1) and I could script time for each piece of equipment being changed/added.
i.e.
SET MinimumDaysInBaseGE=%MinimumDaysInBaseGE%+XX
for each piece of equipment being changed or added.

The variable would be set/updated every time you hit the accept button located on bottom right of upgrades menu.

Not sure how to or if we even want to handle torpedo loading because dragging torpedo doesn't use button to execute scripts. The default of one(1) day would be enough to cover torpedo loading and refueling.

Maybe even have a UI Menu option to give like 1, 2, 5 or 10 days of shore leave to crew that is only available when near base or friendly port. Like when the Refit option appears.

I do know that if the variable is set before entering bunker it will be saved to save game or when entering bunker but not sure about the shore leave part.
And if some one makes equipment changes in bunker we may have to update Entering Bunker and or latest save game file when exiting Upgrades Menu.
%UserProfile%\Documents\SH5\data\cfg\SaveGames\<La stSave>\CareerTrack.upc
PatrolStartDateTime=YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS

The %UserProfile% is a default OS variable that is set when a User logs onto the computer. Not sure how to access this variable from game but game know where to put save files.

What do you think?

Regards!
TheBeast
That can't be scripted - well it could but it would require a new patch to be made for the SH5.exe to support it. The MinimumDaysInBaseGE is read in by the game and stored in SH5's DATA area of memory. It's read in only once (at game load) and then it's just referenced from SH5's DATA memory area.

Reading of environment variables such as %UserProfile% can be done in Python
Old 08-19-14, 08:00 PM   #11351
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Test version 18 , whoops . Still using 17 . Will update my mod list .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-14, 08:05 PM   #11352
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Test version 18 , whoops . Still using 17 . Will update my mod list .
Yeah 18 is needed because I redid the hydro follow target to eliminate the lock-on errors that happened before 18. Also fixed the problem of user's dragging SOAN off the side of the screen and then having to delete the draggable files in order to get it back - now the game is smart enough to see that SOAN is off the edges of the screen (at game start) and will reset it to it's as-designed position (basically it always wants to see at least one of the tabs visible on the screen).
Old 08-19-14, 08:20 PM   #11353
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Check this mod out . Do you see what I did there . You have no load save in the game menu , just continue career option .
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom//dow...o=file&id=4332
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-14, 08:52 PM   #11354
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Game Realism Experience

Currently in game you receive a Co2 level Warning of 10%.
Crew does not die until Co2 level reaches 100%, so what is the Parts Per Million(PPM) that 100% actually reflects?

Reference for below Quote: http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/co...el-d_1024.html
Quote:
Normal CO2 Levels
The effects of increased CO2 levels on adults at good health can be summarized:
  • normal outdoor level: 350 - 450 ppm
  • acceptable levels: < 600 ppm
  • complaints of stiffness and odors: 600 - 1000 ppm
  • ASHRAE and OSHA standards: 1000 ppm
  • general drowsiness: 1000 - 2500 ppm
  • adverse health effects expected: 2500 - 5000 ppm
  • maximum allowed concentration within a 8 hour working period: 5000 ppm
The levels above are quite normal and maximum levels may occasionally happen from time to time.
Extreme and Dangerous CO2 Levels
  • slightly intoxicating, breathing and pulse rate increase, nausea: 30,000 ppm
  • above plus headaches and sight impairment: 50,000 ppm
  • unconscious, further exposure death: 100.000 ppm
So if Death occurs when the Co2 level reaches 100%, does the mean that the actual Co2 level is => 100,000 PPM?

The game has a recording asking to Surface so air can be replenished.
Can this be scripted to occur at a specific Co2 level?

Example of some other Sound Samples that can be triggered in scripts:
Normal Path - data\Sound\Speech\ChiefEngineer\Normal
"Rigging the boat for decks awash" - MC_CR_CHIEF_04.ogg
"Snorkel Depth" - MC_CR_CHIEF_31.ogg
"Taking her up to" - MC_CR_CHIEF_37.ogg
"Taking her down to" MC_CR_CHIEF_38.ogg
"Double Turn Starboard" - MC_CR_CHIEF_65.ogg
"Double Turn Port" - MC_CR_CHIEF_66.ogg

Whisper Path - data\Sound\Speech\ChiefEngineer\Whisper
"We are running low on Compressed Air" - MC_CR_CHIEF_03.ogg
"Captain, perhaps we should recharge our batteries" - MC_CR_CHIEF_06.ogg

Normal Path - data\Sound\Speech\Bosun\Normal
"Captain, we've been at sea long enough, don't you think it's time to go home" - HISQ_BOSUN_01.ogg

Normal Path - data\Sound\Speech\Cook\Normal
"Hot coffee for my boys, coming right up" - MCSQ_COOK_02.ogg
"We are down to canned foods. The boys are going to start complaining soon" - SRSQ_COOK_04.ogg
"I have to ration the food. The boys are pretty upset about it" - SRSQ_COOK_05.ogg
Whisper Path - data\Sound\Speech\Cook\Whisper
"Captain, I am ready to serve some sandwiches, to keep up the crews moral" - HISQ_COOK_01.ogg

Regards!
TheBeast

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-14, 11:16 AM   #11355
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Does that mean the mod Change Days in The Bunker will not be needed anymore?
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui