SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-26-09, 08:54 PM   #1
Deisel Submarine
Watch

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0
Default Expanding the playable Map?

Hi i was wondering if anyone knows how to expand the playble map for DW in the mission editer so i can go more than 1600nm perhaps even the entire map

thanks for your edvice in advance
Deisel Submarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-09, 07:35 PM   #2
Blacklight
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 142

Not possible.
Old 06-27-09, 09:44 PM   #3
Fleet Command CC
Engineer

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deisel Submarine View Post
Hi i was wondering if anyone knows how to expand the playble map for DW in the mission editer so i can go more than 1600nm perhaps even the entire map

thanks for your edvice in advance
Hello Deisel Submarine.

Welcome to the forum.

That's hard coded, so as Blacklight has said its not possible unfortunately, but it would be great if we could modify the map size.

ASrock 4Core1600P35-Wifi, Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 2.93GHz, 4GB OCZ PC2-6400 ATI CrossFire Edition, Sapphire 2600XT 256MB GDDR4 PCI-E, 500GB Sansumg SATAII HDD 16MB Cache, XP
Fleet Command CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-09, 11:57 PM   #4
Deisel Submarine
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet Command CC View Post
Hello Deisel Submarine.

Welcome to the forum.

That's hard coded, so as Blacklight has said its not possible unfortunately, but it would be great if we could modify the map size.
Thanks for your reply FleetCommand CC and Backlight
and for the Warm welcome to the fourum Fleet Command CC.

I wish the designers would give us the entire map but the reason is probably simple they dont think any one will play this game day after day but i do and im sure some of you do as well any way im new at posting and new to fourums and i found out how to have unlimited battery power in SSKs if any body is intrested please let me know thanks.

Last edited by Deisel Submarine; 06-28-09 at 12:49 AM.
Old 06-28-09, 12:56 AM   #5
Fleet Command CC
Engineer

Quote:
Thanks for your reply FleetCommand CC and Backlight
and for the Warm welcome to the fourum Fleet Command CC.
Deisel Submarine.

No probs.

Quote:
I wish the designers would give us the entire map but the reason is probably simple they dont think any one will play this game day after day but i do and im sure some of you do as well any way im new at posting and new to fourums
Yep it would be nice, if S.C.S could give us the info, so we could modify this good game into a great naval game.

Quote:
i found out how to have unlimited battery power in SSKs if any body is intrested please let me know thanks.
I would like to know how you have done that Sir.

ASrock 4Core1600P35-Wifi, Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 2.93GHz, 4GB OCZ PC2-6400 ATI CrossFire Edition, Sapphire 2600XT 256MB GDDR4 PCI-E, 500GB Sansumg SATAII HDD 16MB Cache, XP
Old 06-28-09, 01:19 AM   #6
Deisel Submarine
Watch

Default Okay here is How to change SSKs Battery to UNLIMITED.

First you need to have the DWedit editor 1.4 version Note all saved games will be LOST. open it go to Thrust dialogs Choose the Kilo Battery for and at the bottom where it says [1]for elec change that to [0] for deisel fuel and you now have unlimited battery power,range and top speed to Awsome hu.

it should work with any mod and language if you have any questions ill try to answer them in a Post or by email Speed5@valornet.com also You have my Permission to post this any fourum and any website for ALL TO ENJOY Thanks Deisel submarine.

Last edited by Deisel Submarine; 06-28-09 at 01:31 AM.
Old 06-28-09, 01:24 AM   #7
Fleet Command CC
Engineer

Quote:
First you need to have the DWedit editor 1.4 version Note all saved games will be LOST. open it go to Thrust dialogs and at the bottom where it says [1]for elec change that to [0] for deisel fuel and you now have unlimited battery power,range and top speed to Awsome hu.

it should work with any mod and langarage if you have any questions ill try to answer them Speed5@valornet.com also You have my Permission to post this any fourum and any website for ALL TO ENJOY Thanks Deisel submarine.
Cool niceone I will aft to give that a tried.

Here a question for you, if you don't mind answering it if you can, do you know how to modify the weapon loads on the playable platform?

Old 06-28-09, 01:47 AM   #8
Deisel Submarine
Watch

Quote:
Cool niceone I will aft to give that a tried.

Here a question for you, if you don't mind answering it if you can, do you know how to modify the weapon loads on the playable platform?

Hi Fleet Command CC Hope you enjoy you new unlimited batterys and here's how to change the weapon loadout But First make Copys of your enitre DW folder. Go into DWEdit 1.04 go under Object Dialogs double click on Launcher slots and change to what ever is on the list you want then go to you main DW Folder and into your interfaces folder then find the sub that you want to copy its load out and copy and paste the WeaponLoads DLL files to you sub that you want to have the weapons and There you go Perty simple hu. If you need help just email me or post thanks Deisel Submarine.

Also i know how to give the Kilos or SSKs a new periscope with LTV capability.
Old 06-28-09, 01:59 AM   #9
Fleet Command CC
Engineer

Quote:
Hi Fleet Command Hope you enjoy you new unlimited batterys and here's how to change the weapon loadout But First make Copys of your enitre DW folder. Go into DWEdit 1.04 go under Object Dialogs double click on Launcher slots and change to what ever is on the list you want then go to you main DW Folder and into your interfaces folder then find the sub that you want to copy its load out and copy and paste the WeaponLoads DLL files to you sub that you want to have the weapons and There you go Perty simple hu. If you need help just email me or post thanks Deisel Submarine.

Also i know how to give the Kilos or SSKs a new periscope with LTV capability.
Hey Deisel Submarine

Cool thanks do you know how to change the amount of torpedo and missiles?

Old 06-28-09, 10:23 AM   #10
Deisel Submarine
Watch

Quote:
Hey Deisel Submarine

Cool thanks do you know how to change the amount of torpedo and missiles?

Hi Fleet Command CC i dont know how to change the weapon amounts and i searched the Fourums for help but i didnt find anything but other people have posted it before and never got an answer so im thinking its probably hard coded But i could be wrong so ill continue to search other fourums.
Old 06-28-09, 12:05 PM   #11
OneShot
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 9
Quote:
First you need to have the DWedit editor 1.4 version Note all saved games will be LOST. open it go to Thrust dialogs Choose the Kilo Battery for and at the bottom where it says [1]for elec change that to [0] for deisel fuel and you now have unlimited battery power,range and top speed to Awsome hu.

it should work with any mod and language if you have any questions ill try to answer them in a Post or by email Speed5@valornet.com also You have my Permission to post this any fourum and any website for ALL TO ENJOY Thanks Deisel submarine.
This was already discovered/posted loooong ago by others ...

As for the amounts of weapons ... I would ask the developers of the RA/AT Mods ... maybe they found something.

P.S. : I think the correct spelling is Diesel Submarine
OneShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-09, 12:33 PM   #12
Deisel Submarine
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneShot View Post
This was already discovered/posted loooong ago by others ...

As for the amounts of weapons ... I would ask the developers of the RA/AT Mods ... maybe they found something.

P.S. : I think the correct spelling is Diesel Submarine
I know how to spell One Shot I spelled it wrong on purpose and if the designers knew they would have already told us how to change the amount of weapons plus im new to fourums im still learning how to post.Im just trying to be helpful that's all.
Old 06-28-09, 01:26 PM   #13
Fleet Command CC
Engineer

Quote:
Hi Fleet Command CC i dont know how to change the weapon amounts and i searched the Fourums for help but i didnt find anything but other people have posted it before and never got an answer so im thinking its probably hard coded But i could be wrong so ill continue to search other fourums.
Hey Deisel Submarine,

I know that you aft to modify the .dll files with a Hex Editor, but I have read it can be done another way without touching the .dll files.

Check this post out.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128173

Last edited by Fleet Command CC; 06-28-09 at 01:37 PM.
Old 06-28-09, 01:32 PM   #14
Fleet Command CC
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneShot View Post
OneShot

I have done that they haven't got back to me yet, probably the team is too busy working on the mod itself.

Old 06-28-09, 07:39 PM   #15
Deisel Submarine
Watch

Quote:
Hey Deisel Submarine,

I know that you aft to modify the .dll files with a Hex Editor, but I have read it can be done another way without touching the .dll files.

Check this post out.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128173
Thanks for the Post Fleet Command CC i guess you have to talk to The Orzel about that MOD and after reading that i guess adding new playbles and changeing the weapon loadout is ilegal