SUBSIM Radio Room Forums


SUBSIM: The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Special Projects > Subsim Events & Activities > Best of Subsim
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2016, 03:22 PM   #46
mapuc
Navy Seal
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Denmark
Posts: 6,178
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Come on everyone knows this is rigged ... there going to sign up millions of new members right before the votes are cast to sway it over to Aktungbby.

Just kidding, but it is going to be a tough decision. How about a thread where the nominees tell us why we should vote for them. All we have now is why someone selected them.
You mean something like "Subsim got talent" (From England got talent)

Markus
mapuc is offline  
Old 11-29-2016, 07:44 PM   #47
totheorder
Herr Taylor
 
totheorder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Treasure Island, fl
Posts: 48
Downloads: 99
Uploads: 3


Default 2016 Nominations

Best Poster of the Year - NO NOMINATION

Midshipman of the Year - Jason Jara (FB MEMBER if applicable)
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...5213293&type=3
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...1303293&type=3
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...5118293&type=3
For his involvment, enthusiasm and intent to bring more material to the FB side of SUBSIM.

Thread of the Year - silverdragon41
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...ight=Type+VIIB
Very good topic for those weighing pros and cons of these two games.

Post of the Year - NO NOMINATION

Funniest Post of the Year - fitzcarraldo (shared image / meme on FB)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2599...4754554568293/
Though the image is not directly tied into U-Boats, it hit the funny bone.

Mod/Modder of the Year - vdr1981 (playable U-Flak mod for SH5)
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4883
Very good work bringing a new dynamic to a tedious, but beloved game.

Most Helpful Member of the Year - THEBERBSTER
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=228588
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...18&postcount=1
Responds quickly with too many posts to list here. Assists members with helpful tips and consistently welcomes new members.

Avatar/Signature of the Year - THEBERBSTER
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...50&postcount=1
Probably the most 'useful' signature on the forum regarding SH5

Subsim Facebook Poster of the Year - Gunsilnger (Matt Keyes)
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...6033293&type=3
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...5028293&type=3
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2599...3744048643293/
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...8638293&type=3
Consistently entertains with Memes and my personal favorites include an in depth look into his SH5 patrols
using pictures, videos and detailed logs.

Subsim Facebook Post of the Year - fitzcarraldo (Fernando De Cicco)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2599...4733050933293/
Too funny and it rings true if you play SH5

Subsim Video of the Year - Gunsilnger (Matt Keyes)
https://www.facebook.com/matt.keyes....type=3&theater
Intense recovery to surface his sinking sub on a patrol for SH5
__________________

Kaleun Frank Taylor
Present Command: U-19 @ Lorient Bunker SH5
Type VIIB U-Boat "Evil Ashy"
totheorder is offline  
Old 11-30-2016, 08:19 AM   #48
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666
 
Aktungbby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: where I'm at presently
Posts: 12,513
Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Come on everyone knows this is rigged ... there going to sign up millions of new members right before the votes are cast to sway it over to Aktungbby.

Just kidding, but it is going to be a tough decision. How about a thread where the nominees tell us why we should vote for them. All we have now is why someone selected them.
Good rigging is what it's all about BBY!
__________________
"Only two things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity; And I'm not too sure about the Universe..." Philip K. Dick
Aktungbby is offline  
Old 11-30-2016, 08:27 AM   #49
fitzcarraldo
Argentinischer Kaleun
 
fitzcarraldo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina. Arrived in U-977 after 60 days below
Posts: 3,263
Downloads: 1491
Uploads: 0


Default

Well:

I must be nominated because I will construct a wall for all flightsimmers, arcade gamers, and car sims gamers. Only subsimmers admited in this site!

Start your campaign!

Regards

Fitzcarraldo
fitzcarraldo is offline  
Old 11-30-2016, 08:29 AM   #50
fitzcarraldo
Argentinischer Kaleun
 
fitzcarraldo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina. Arrived in U-977 after 60 days below
Posts: 3,263
Downloads: 1491
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Avatar/Signature of the Year - THEBERBSTER
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...50&postcount=1
Probably the most 'useful' signature on the forum regarding SH5
Quote:
Midshipman of the Year - Jason Jara (FB MEMBER if applicable)
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...5213293&type=3
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...1303293&type=3
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...5118293&type=3
For his involvment, enthusiasm and intent to bring more material to the FB side of SUBSIM.
Second this!

Fitzcarraldo
fitzcarraldo is offline  
Old 12-01-2016, 01:02 AM   #51
Eichhörnchen
Starte Das Auto
 
Eichhörnchen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Classified
Posts: 9,033
Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
How about a thread where the nominees tell us why we should vote for them. All we have now is why someone selected them.
I like that idea
__________________
<img src=http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=329818&dateline=1428780552 border=0 alt= />
Eichhörnchen is online  
Old 12-09-2016, 09:51 AM   #52
Commander Wallace
Admiral
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Under the sea in an octupus garden in the shade
Posts: 2,219
Downloads: 337
Uploads: 0


Default

This nomination is for Midshipman of the year. Qualifications would include generally being new and being helpful.


I nominate newcomers Redwake and or Prometheus . In the short time Redwake and Prometheus have been in Subsim, they have been welcoming and friendliest to other newcomers. Qualifications or criteria include " friendliest/helpful/interesting "

That is what Subsim is all about.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=228681 ( post # 5 Redwake )

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=228658 ( post # 5 Prometheus )

These posts are just to name a few. If you look through Comments to SUBSIM Review, both of these gentleman are welcoming to new members.



http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=228588

Last edited by Commander Wallace; 12-09-2016 at 10:08 AM.
Commander Wallace is offline  
Old 12-09-2016, 12:15 PM   #53
fitzcarraldo
Argentinischer Kaleun
 
fitzcarraldo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina. Arrived in U-977 after 60 days below
Posts: 3,263
Downloads: 1491
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
This nomination is for Midshipman of the year. Qualifications would include generally being new and being helpful.


I nominate newcomers Redwake and or Prometheus . In the short time Redwake and Prometheus have been in Subsim, they have been welcoming and friendliest to other newcomers. Qualifications or criteria include " friendliest/helpful/interesting "

That is what Subsim is all about.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=228681 ( post # 5 Redwake )

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=228658 ( post # 5 Prometheus )

These posts are just to name a few. If you look through Comments to SUBSIM Review, both of these gentleman are welcoming to new members.



http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=228588
I second this.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo
fitzcarraldo is offline  
Old 01-02-2017, 09:15 AM   #54
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent
 
Onkel Neal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 1997
Location: Cougar Trap, Texas
Posts: 16,738
Downloads: 384
Uploads: 194


Default

Ballots are being sent to the judges.
__________________
.


My work will never be done, because people will always need to subsim
Onkel Neal is online  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1997- 2017 Subsim