SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-19-08, 12:10 PM   #136
asanovic7
Captain

Downloads: 70
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGT
Dear Asanovic7

I follow you from the beginning, I am Racerboys fan too (and I hope the best for him) and I try your mod several days now, trying it with or without OLCE 1.7.

The last days many mods attempts help us enjoy SH3, and with several updates.

The problem is, the combatibility between them, and, the special effort to substitue one with/for an other and again, and after again.

(For these reason I stopt the update of OLCE in the version 1.7. Indeed, the actual 2.2 version is an other mod, not only a version. With wich one your mod is compatible? Every time Onelifecrisis change cap, you follow him?)

Personally, I did a big effort to modify my SH3 with GWX 2.0 compatible mods and I can't do all the marathon again.

So, I try your mod, but without every cosmetic addition like sh3.sdl, sounds, starshell etc. I will be really very happy if the visual change is without mistakes and bugs.

More specifically, I would like, if is possible, avoid the fireworks during explosions (you now, the red/rose flying fire balls) and people who fly few centimeters above the surface. Better see them below the surface than flying few centimeters above. For the same reason, I use the version without bodys in the water of Rubini's Lifeboats.

I hat CTD with your mod inside port in 1944 during air raid: it was enormous. Bombs explosions from the havy bombers, flakguns firing from everywere (GWX harbor traffic) my own flakguns firing, bombers in fire drop in the sea, explosions from hited ships and... CTD. With nvidia 8800 GTX and 2GB DDR800 and core2duo 6850. Before CTD just 1 or 2 fps. Really no the same thing like academy training...

I appreciate all your effort for sharing and stay polite and I wish you the best.

For me the best thing can happen: somebody finish the Racerboy's work with flags and pennants .... at least one IX ship ... anyone... I know, dreams...

Keep up the good attitude.

Sorry for bad English.

hey!

Actually, I din't even see olc's new version.. the v204d is compatible up to olc's ubermod 2.1, I guess, until I check 2.2 out, but I think it will still be compatible. v204d is compatible the same way also but some things may look strange.
NEW! I just saw olc's 2.2, he split the mod into separate parts. So, basically it's 2.1, if I understood correctly. But I don't know what is "optional extra"..

So, oil explosions hit the computer hard. Well, your specifications exceed mine.:rotfl: That means I am doing a mod for a computer not mine. I am pleased air raid itself(did you hear the sound?) didn't ctd you. That means it works.. I will try to downgrade the number of particles, rb was apparently very wild for those particles..
Ok, heres a quick fix for avoiding those explosions, just erase mine zones.cfg(located in data folder) and use original gwx 2.1.
Can you please try it then? With that air raid, please. That happens when you come back to port, right?

As far for the supermans flying above the water about few centimeters. Didn't nottice it so far. Was it on rough sea? My knowledge about that(from lifeboats readme) is that sh3 engine doesn't simulate well rough sea conditions for debris.
If on calm sea, honestly didn't see it.

"For the same reason, I use the version without bodys in the water of Rubini's Lifeboats."
I don't follow you there, I am sorry. Your english is not bad, if I may say so as I am not anglosaxon and my english kinda trails, but I don't "read" you there.

Thanks for the wishes and for feedback, I'll try to be polite. It's hard for me :rotfl: .
Cheers!

p.s. I asked about that mod, flags and pennants, but noone answered..
asanovic7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-08, 12:36 PM   #137
Abd_von_Mumit
The Old Man

Downloads: 46
Uploads: 4

I tried the mod a while ago, but it caused CTD's right after the "Not so long ago..." message. Theonly other mods I have on now are GWX 2.1 (obviously) and OLC Ubermod. What did I di wrong?
Links: SH5 mods I use, FileFront, Manual plotting how-to
Abd_von_Mumit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-08, 12:42 PM   #138
asanovic7
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abd_von_Mumit
I tried the mod a while ago, but it caused CTD's right after the "Not so long ago..." message. Theonly other mods I have on now are GWX 2.1 (obviously) and OLC Ubermod. What did I di wrong?
First of all, your signature is by far the best I've seen :rotfl: . Nice pick..
Second, beats me.. What version you installed? In what order you installed the mods? Did you follow instructions? How many women you attacked? Have you installed the "main" folder only like I explained or all four folders? What version of olc ubermod?
cheers
Old 05-19-08, 12:51 PM   #139
NGT
Lieutenant

Downloads: 289
Uploads: 3

Hay again!

From the 1st post of Rubini's Lifeboats thread:

-added an option (get it on "Optional" folder) without dead bodies just because they have bad float behaviour. Just put this file on you Library folder and delete the other one.

I will try without zones.cfg today. I was just starting patrol, wehn bombers attacks, not returnig from patrol.

Now you have an answer for flags...

Thank you for so quick answer.

Keep up perseverence !
NGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-08, 01:03 PM   #140
asanovic7
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGT
Hay again!

From the 1st post of Rubini's Lifeboats thread:

-added an option (get it on "Optional" folder) without dead bodies just because they have bad float behaviour. Just put this file on you Library folder and delete the other one.

I will try without zones.cfg today. I was just starting patrol, wehn bombers attacks, not returnig from patrol.

Now you have an answer for flags...

Thank you for so quick answer.

Keep up perseverence !
thanks, didn't even notice that.. or didn't want to?
I just checked the main files. What can I say, I like dead bodies swimming in the water, it's like a candy and for "immersion" for the u-boot captain(I had to use it :rotfl: ). But as I am playing on 100% with only event split view option(olc's way) I don't get to see that often.. And they vanish for about 10 seconds or so..
You must appreciate the amount of work racerboy and people mentioned by him in the readme that was done to make those supermans fly the way they fly now, to erase that would be like to erase this mod.

I follow you on the flags.. I hope..

New!

It is really hard for me to download new mods and to check on them.. and to install it.. modders gone crazy..
You don't have to worry here..
New version I intend to do correctly and ok. And compatible to what will be.. I can only wonder what some guys are going through hehehe they install the mods, burn and crash.. ctd.. And every day new mod with new feature.. So I hope I will throw in some tutorials on how I did it with s3d to make it compatible.. It will make life easier for some guys. And I think before gwx gets out for sh4(stick with one team, my dad always says, but not with the same woman) that sh3 is really the best subsim?
Like this guy who said about ctd here but didn't reply back..
It's war out there..
I need a beer..

And NGT () showed everybody(and again a6intruder, cheers hehehehe) how to make a proper feedback, please, do it like him, thanks.

Last edited by asanovic7; 05-19-08 at 01:42 PM.
Old 05-19-08, 02:35 PM   #141
Abd_von_Mumit
The Old Man

Downloads: 46
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by asanovic7
Well... the pick's not mine - it comes from a comedy series I've heard about. I added some flavour to it. But I'm glad you like it.

Quote:
Second, beats me.. What version you installed? In what order you installed the mods? Did you follow instructions? How many women you attacked? Have you installed the "main" folder only like I explained or all four folders? What version of olc ubermod?
Windows Vista Home, full patched.
- SH3 1.4b
- GWX 2.1
- GWX - Captain America's Officer Icons
- GWX - Open Hatch Mod
- OLC Ubermod 2.1.3 Part 1 of 2 (OLCE2)
- OLC Ubermod 2.1.3 Part 2 of 2 (OLC GUI Special)

I installed all the components of the game in the above order. Then I installed all three:
- Racerboy_SH4_Effects_GWX_21
- Rb_SH4_Effects_Life_boat
- Live_AI_ships_sounds
and run the game to get the CTD. Then I UNinstalled "Live_AI_ships_sounds" and tried again, CTD again, then UNinstalled "Rb_SH4_Effects_Life_boat", CTD again, CTD, CTD, so I finally UNinstalled "Racerboy_SH4_Effects_GWX_21" too.

Of course I used JSGME during the process. I use SH3 Commander, current version, but obviously I rolled back the Commander files every time (I mean the SH3 Commander did it automatically, I just ticked the option).
Links: SH5 mods I use, FileFront, Manual plotting how-to
Abd_von_Mumit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-08, 05:54 AM   #142
asanovic7
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abd_von_Mumit
Quote:
Well... the pick's not mine - it comes from a comedy series I've heard about. I added some flavour to it. But I'm glad you like it.

Quote:
Windows Vista Home, full patched.
- SH3 1.4b
- GWX 2.1
- GWX - Captain America's Officer Icons
- GWX - Open Hatch Mod
- OLC Ubermod 2.1.3 Part 1 of 2 (OLCE2)
- OLC Ubermod 2.1.3 Part 2 of 2 (OLC GUI Special)

I installed all the components of the game in the above order. Then I installed all three:
- Racerboy_SH4_Effects_GWX_21
- Rb_SH4_Effects_Life_boat
- Live_AI_ships_sounds
and run the game to get the CTD. Then I UNinstalled "Live_AI_ships_sounds" and tried again, CTD again, then UNinstalled "Rb_SH4_Effects_Life_boat", CTD again, CTD, CTD, so I finally UNinstalled "Racerboy_SH4_Effects_GWX_21" too.

Of course I used JSGME during the process. I use SH3 Commander, current version, but obviously I rolled back the Commander files every time (I mean the SH3 Commander did it automatically, I just ticked the option).
I am bemused..
Honestly, I just read the thing about konigsberg and sh3commander and if I understood jscones correctly, I messed up my install to. :rotfl:
As for you..
Thanks for a handsome reply, first of all, great. Now some thingies.

First, live_ai_ship_sounds is not a part of the mod to enable with jsgme, it is a folder where sounds for ships if you enable them, as described in the readmes, are put.

Second, life_boat folder is for compability with lifeboats mod. As I see, you don't have it installed, so you don't need it.

Third, check this post:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...19&postcount=9

Forth, I will check it out be back in a hour or so..

new
sorry no new ideas, sent you a pm with some new questions..

Was reading racerboys thread so far.. I was amazed, didn't read ti clearly before so much, with how many people assited and talked on the thread. And certain ideas popped out..
Noone told me about oil spilling out and flames from the part of the ship in "distress"..
ay caramba.. But when I read racerboys post with thinking, I think I know what he meant and will do it..

BUT!!!

I need, please, feedback:

1. Thoughts on live ai ship sounds and starshell(a6intruder loves it, anybody else, mangle?)
2. Too destructive for machines as ntg explained. It is not my work, gwx adds lots of things, and rb's mod adds a lot of things, and when you put that together computer gets alot ctd. But, I plan to cut those textures, some are too big, any volunteers for trying? I allready did, but explosions look somewhat cartoonish, I am afraid, ok, a light version and suicide version will be..
3. Difference with smokes from fires from v204c to v204d? Anyone.. Please..

Cheers!

As racerboy said himself, read readmes.. All of them..

Last edited by asanovic7; 05-20-08 at 01:05 PM.
Old 05-20-08, 04:25 PM   #143
NGT
Lieutenant

Hi Asanovic7

Sorry for the delay, but I hat a problem: I hat not bombers raids from yesterday in 1944 in Brest, 1st January, despite numerous attempts with new careers (something wrong in my installation).

Finally, I tried, like you ask me, without your zones.cfg and it is better. The problem occur when a bomber (or two...) are hited and drop...CTD with the usual Microsoft's announcement: sorry but....SH3 must close...The file indicated up and right was sh3sim.act, i dont now if that is useful... Before CTD, 17-19 fps.

In the bottom line, (heavy) bombers drops down very very rarely with GWX, and with ";" in place, before "FuelExplosion=#oil_explosion" in the end of zones.cfg the problem of CTD is minimum, IMHO...

Thanks again for your effort.

sorry for bad English

Last edited by NGT; 05-21-08 at 06:28 AM.
Old 05-20-08, 10:36 PM   #144
akdavis
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 0

Asanovic7, have you ever, or do you know if anyone has ever, made a tutorial/overview on editing or creating particle effects in SH?
Old 05-21-08, 03:40 AM   #145
A6Intruder
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGT
Hi Asanovic7

Sorry for the delay, but I hat a problem: I hat not bombers raids from yesterday in 1944 in Brest, 1st January, despite numerous attempts with new careers (something wrong in my installation).

Finally, I tried, like you ask me, without your zones.cfg and it is better. The problem occur when a bomber (or two...) are hited and drop...CTD with the usual Microsoft's announcement: sorry but....SH3 must close...The file indicated up and right was sh3sim.act, i dont now if that is useful... Before CTD, 17-19 fps.

In the bottom line, (havy) bombers drops down very very rarely with GWX, and with ";" in place, before "FuelExplosion=#oil_explosion" in the end of zones.cfg the problem of CTD is minimum, IMHO...

Thanks again for your effort.

sorry for bad English
With which heavy bombers do you have this problem?
Kind regards
A6Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-08, 06:27 AM   #146
NGT
Lieutenant

Default For A6Intruder:

Halifax / Brest, January 1944

But is very rare to hit one under GWX normal conditions (=without mod for gunspower...). They have hundreds of hit points...

And, if you please, a question for a question: do you know if these attacks are planed for every partrol start? (because I hat not, for many times, just a couple of ME 109 patroling – allways Jan. 44 + Brest)
Old 05-21-08, 07:51 AM   #147
asanovic7
Captain

Default response

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGT
Halifax / Brest, January 1944

But is very rare to hit one under GWX normal conditions (=without mod for gunspower...). They have hundreds of hit points...

And, if you please, a question for a question: do you know if these attacks are planed for every partrol start? (because I hat not, for many times, just a couple of ME 109 patroling – allways Jan. 44 + Brest)
Hey!

Yesterday, I made cuts to materials.dat to lower the size of textures and stuff like that. It is now half the size. I "stole" some of the textures from GWX 2.1 because they used smaller tgas. Privateer said they hacked it up to be playable on older machines.. Explosions and fires now don't look so "clear" but I think it's a fair amount of "price" to pay to be playable in every comp. in every situation like the one in brest. I don't like fps losses. I am satisfied, I just need to cut some more thingies and it will be playable ok.
I even tested it.

I tried to start patrol in 8. month of the year of our Lord 1944.
2 flotilla(if I am not mistaken) in Brest.

I left the dock and after 2 seconds, aeroplanes started to come.
I was playing with this mods:
gwx 2.1(ofcourse )
aotd mad max aa ships shleuse bugfix for gwx 2.1
torpedo final damage v2.0
olc ubermod 2.11
this mod v204c
my new version test(which is upgraded v204d)
(so you see I used some great eaters of fps besides this mod)

As I said I got hd2600pro 256 mb.. 2.66 ghz with 1.5 gb ram
I have experienced 2 or 3 times 1-2 fps, when a ship near me exploded and when all those bombs hit the surface. other fps was 10-18
On second or third vawe two bombers were shot down, fell to the sea, I was a bit dissapointed that large bomber(british bomber, halifax, maybe it is that) didn't left a burning oil smoke(so far I saw that only with swordfishes :rotfl: ).
And then it ended.. To my satisfaction..

I didn't experience your ctd..
I was satisfied because witth the older settings I would probably experience a ctd of my own. I mean, that port has about 200 aa guns.. :rotfl:
With gwx 2.1 now it looks like a movie.. Again, great, great great job...

So it is my challenge now to make it look good and fast.. on gwx 2.1 movie..

p.s. A6intruder reported that in that brest there are two destroyers with one funnel working, one not.. :rotfl: I would be grateful if someone would try to see that because I cannot reproduce his occurances.. :rotfl: Maybe I should first try for that ships then talk..

Vir prudens non contra ventam mingit!
A smart guy doesn't pi.s against the wind..

Cheers!

p.s. akdavis, you started a thread to request a tutorial for s3d? I didn't understand your idea about aa gun explosions in it.. Can you make it clearer?
Old 05-21-08, 09:35 AM   #148
A6Intruder
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 22
p.s. A6intruder reported that in that brest there are two destroyers with one funnel working, one not.. :rotfl: I would be grateful if someone would try to see that because I cannot reproduce his occurances.. :rotfl: Maybe I should first try for that ships then talk..

Vir prudens non contra ventam mingit!
A smart guy doesn't pi.s against the wind..

Cheers!

p.s. akdavis, you started a thread to request a tutorial for s3d? I didn't understand your idea about aa gun explosions in it.. Can you make it clearer?[/quote]

Which Version of you mod do you use? I saw it with 2.04D without last fix.
Kind regards.
A6Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-08, 09:37 AM   #149
asanovic7
Captain

Default hey!

I forgot to mention you or you forgot to read, a6intruder, you don't need a fix if you downloaded after 17.05.2008.

Who are you asking?? me.. I listed them..
They don't do "crap shoot" regarding funnel smokes ))

aaaa

I used v204d with "light" materials.dat.. The same thing you use.. ANd if you downloaded before 17.5.. DOWNLOAD THAT FIX!!! or download the upgrade v204d
:rotfl: grrr :rotfl:
no wonder..
My new war funnels use same id's as original funnels in your version without fix.. That could be reason why your funnelly works like it works..

NTG did you use the v204d like a6intruder without fix?? on page 1 I updated v204d one day after the first upload.. one day..

one last thought..
Please install your mods carefully.. and in the right order.. AND READ REDMES..
cheers!!!

Last edited by asanovic7; 05-21-08 at 10:17 AM.
Old 05-21-08, 05:24 PM   #150
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by akdavis
Asanovic7, have you ever, or do you know if anyone has ever, made a tutorial/overview on editing or creating particle effects in SH?
As far as I know,
no one has really discussed the particle generators much.

Most of the reason being that it use to be all hex work.
And most people see hex work as VooDoo!
:rotfl:

With S3D, the particles work should be fairly simple.
Change a few settings and observe what happens.
Then change a few more and observe again.
Pretty soon you got it all down.