SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: How fast you want the Cloud's to move in the Sky
I like them the way they are 96 20.43%
I want them a Little Slower 94 20.00%
I want them a Lot Slower 157 33.40%
Please give us Optional Install's 142 30.21%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 470. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-07, 04:19 PM   #1351
Fearless
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 340
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish40
OK guys, I'm still alittle confused over all these downloads. So far what I have is: The latest NSM, the latest ROW zones and special effects, the latest ROW Sky and Water Controls. This is the question. The latest ROW Sky and Water controls says it includes all the work of LBO, as well as all water reflections. Dose this also mean it includes all ship, sub and objects reflections as well, or must I download all of these seperately from the provided links on the first page of this thread? The newer stuff is provided on page 67 of this thread, but is not updated on the main page. This is why I'm alittle confused.:hmm: Thanks again.
If it helps, I have:
ROW Main Load Screen
ROW Classic Zones Special Effects vs_3
ROW Classic Clouds
ROW Sky and Ocean controls
ROW Textures VS_2
ROW NEW SeaFoam from Jaketoox
ROW Sub Reflections and Roll Pitch Mod
ROW Sound Effects vs_3

I think the readme textfile lists what ROW Sky and Ocean controls does.

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8 Core 16 Thread CPU, 3.8GHz Base Clock, 4.7GHz Boost, 105W TDP, 32MB L3 cache | MSI GeForce RTX3060Ti 8Gb Graphics | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32Gb (2x16Gb) 3200 MHz CL16 DDR4 Ram | Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe SSD 1TB | Seagate Barracuda 2.5in 2TB HDD | AOC QHD 165 Hz FreeSync HDR curved 31.5in Monitor | ASUS ROG Strix LC 240 ARGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler White Edition | ASUS ROG Strix Gold 750W Modular Power Supply | Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Tempered Glass Mid Tower Case White.
Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-07, 04:43 PM   #1352
Fish40
The Old Man

Downloads: 146
Uploads: 0

Thanks alot Fearless. That helps clear things up a bit.
Fish40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-07, 05:07 PM   #1353
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 0
Default thanks for the help everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish40
OK guys, I'm still alittle confused over all these downloads. So far what I have is: The latest NSM, the latest ROW zones and special effects, the latest ROW Sky and Water Controls. This is the question. The latest ROW Sky and Water controls says it includes all the work of LBO, as well as all water reflections. Dose this also mean it includes all ship, sub and objects reflections as well, or must I download all of these seperately from the provided links on the first page of this thread? The newer stuff is provided on page 67 of this thread, but is not updated on the main page. This is why I'm alittle confused.:hmm: Thanks again.
If it helps, I have:
ROW Main Load Screen
ROW Classic Zones Special Effects vs_3
ROW Classic Clouds
ROW Sky and Ocean controls
ROW Textures VS_2
ROW NEW SeaFoam from Jaketoox
ROW Sub Reflections and Roll Pitch Mod
ROW Sound Effects vs_3

I think the readme textfile lists what ROW Sky and Ocean controls does.
Had to put new rear sneakers on one of the car's and get and oil change so was hung up for a while today just got home.
leovampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-07, 05:17 PM   #1354
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default your welcome and glad you found the problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by leovampire
As well as to all fuel and oil cargo's so not sure why you do not see them. Not all of them light on fire depend's on the situation but each ship other than the sailing one's should have that effect as long as the engine room and or fuel bunker is breached.
thanks for the answer. i solve my problem,some mod doesnt function because in the mods folder,when i unzip the row file,winzip create a folder with the name of the mod,and inside another folder with the name of the mod,and so they dont function. but yesterday evening i solve the problem and when i call sh4.....
i have no word,its fantastic! with this mod i would play all the "game" in real time. its too beatiful! thank you very much to you and the others that are doing row!!
That happend to Kriller2 as well one time when he tryed to unzip the file's his zip program was creating duplicate's.
Old 11-08-07, 06:11 PM   #1355
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default To all testers and creators especialy Kriller2 and Jaketoox

Am I good to go to release all of the new texture work for everyone to download?

I haven't heard any complaints except foe the moon Halo and Jaketoox updated that for me and it is looking good now.

I am asking because I designed the scene file I released last night based on the new graffics that was gdone for the color of the ocean and sky and textures.

So please get back to me and let me know if I am good to go to release the work to the public so I can change the header to Beta instead of Alpha.

ALSO the sound effect's has been reposted with the repaired sub surfacing sound to the in game time limit and has an added engine room hatch opening sound for exhaust and a hatch sound for the crew comming up to the bridge worked into it.

The Deck gun sound you have is a little louder now do to popular demand.

New Aircraft Carrier engine sounds new DD engine and prop sounds and also new Duel stage depth charge explosion sound from the under water listening.

New round travel sound through the air and new splash sound of a round hitting the water and new aircraft explosion sounds.

Enjoy everyone!!

ROW sound effect's vs_4

Last edited by leovampire; 11-08-07 at 06:41 PM.
Old 11-08-07, 06:42 PM   #1356
Defiance
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 672

Hiya's,
Cheers for the new Sound Treat v4

Gonna go have a quick patrol to check sounds out

Many Thanks

Have Fun

Ciao

Def
Defiance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-07, 07:57 PM   #1357
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default I just posted some new 3D cloud work from Kriller2

ROW_New_3D_Cloud's_by_Kriller2

It is listed under the cloud's download's. And posted bellow is a look at the new cloud's in action with the new color work for the sky.

Also I got the go ahead for the release of the new textures for the mod that was being tested.

So in a few there will be a totaly new download for the mod's texture's.

There will be 2 choices:

#1 will have a sun halo with a camera flair effect

#2 will just have the new sun halo WITHOUT the camera flair.

That is the only difference between the 2 of them. You will find the new Mountain Texture work from Sober in the file that Kriller2 worked with to blend it in better in the game.

There is a new hi res moon halo in the file.

TOTALY NEW sky color work and water color work and ocean texture work for the Beta release of the mod.

Old 11-08-07, 07:59 PM   #1358
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by leovampire
ROW_New_3D_Cloud's_by_Kriller2

It is listed under the cloud's download's. And posted bellow is a look at the new cloud's in action with the new color work for the sky.

Also I got the go ahead for the release of the new textures for the mod that was being tested.

So in a few there will be a totaly new download for the mod's texture's.

There will be 2 choices:

#1 will have a sun halo with a camera flair effect

#2 will just have the new sun halo WITHOUT the camera flair.

That is the only difference between the 2 of them. You will find the new Mountain Texture work from Sober in the file that Kriller2 worked with to blend it in better in the game.

There is a new hi res moon halo in the file.

TOTALY NEW sky color work and water color work and ocean texture work for the Beta release of the mod.

Nice LV, now that I have High Speed at home I can get this stuff here instead of at work

Thanks

RDP

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-07, 08:17 PM   #1359
Fearless
Ace of the Deep

Man!!! it's coming to a point where one has no time to worry about and concentrate on enemy shipping. Toooooo busy enjoying the scenery Oooops!!! Watch out for that Destroyer!!!

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8 Core 16 Thread CPU, 3.8GHz Base Clock, 4.7GHz Boost, 105W TDP, 32MB L3 cache | MSI GeForce RTX3060Ti 8Gb Graphics | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32Gb (2x16Gb) 3200 MHz CL16 DDR4 Ram | Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe SSD 1TB | Seagate Barracuda 2.5in 2TB HDD | AOC QHD 165 Hz FreeSync HDR curved 31.5in Monitor | ASUS ROG Strix LC 240 ARGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler White Edition | ASUS ROG Strix Gold 750W Modular Power Supply | Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Tempered Glass Mid Tower Case White.
Old 11-08-07, 08:37 PM   #1360
Defiance
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 672

Hiya's,
I have tried the vs4 sounds, Amazing

I upped the sound 3d setting in game options and now with x-fi xtreme gamer they rock he he

I can see me getting jumped on by planes moreso now with the sounds to go with the amazing eye candy lol

Ohh btw is it do-able to add a voice for "radar depth" ?? as i am using TM there's a radar depth button (i have to use it regular now with latest tm lol)

Many Thanks

Have Fun

Def
Defiance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-07, 08:45 PM   #1361
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default I also have a radar depth set up in my game BUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiance
Hiya's,
I have tried the vs4 sounds, Amazing

I upped the sound 3d setting in game options and now with x-fi xtreme gamer they rock he he

I can see me getting jumped on by planes moreso now with the sounds to go with the amazing eye candy lol

Ohh btw is it do-able to add a voice for "radar depth" ?? as i am using TM there's a radar depth button (i have to use it regular now with latest tm lol)

Many Thanks

Have Fun

Def
It is riged to the Snorkel depth setting for the game so there is no sound track for that phrase never existed.
Old 11-08-07, 08:49 PM   #1362
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default Okay the new texture work is now up for download

ROW Textures: This is the Heart of the ROW Mod. Can be added to game any time without problems. You have a choice one with the sun halo having a camera flair and one without the camera flair. Can only use one texture pack at a time.
New fire, oil slik, Sky, Ocean, lightning, Color's, Land, Sun halo, moon halo and a lot more.

ROW_Textures_With_Sun_Camera_Flair

ROW_Textures_NO_Sun_Camera_Flair

As you can see there are 2 choices now and only one can be used at a time.

One with a sun halo camera flair and one without the camera flair.

All of the new screen shot's you have seen is with these textures for the Sky Land Sea and more.

I hope that tomarrow I can get the new work out for the Ship reflections and caustics today was a bust so far for getting any real work done.

I also have to get out the new object's reflections which also has the new light work for the in game light house's at the port's and dock's.

Anyways enjoy guy's and thanks for helping us make this a Beta release for everyone with sugestions and testing and thing's you asked for.
Old 11-08-07, 09:11 PM   #1363
Fearless
Ace of the Deep

Bugga, looks like I'll have to knock off work early today

Old 11-08-07, 09:24 PM   #1364
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default gotta get a lap top to run the game at work too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless
Bugga, looks like I'll have to knock off work early today
LOL! I forget how lucky I am at times being retired and able to flip the game on when I want to do it. Um when I am not working on it anyway's.

I hope you enjoy it Fearless!
Old 11-08-07, 09:52 PM   #1365
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default BTW in the new special effect's download's I posted last night

You will find the work I did to the ship's search light's and signal beacon. The morrise code signal beacon on the war ship's no longer project mile's away from the ship like they use to and are more like a short range ship to ship look for messages.

Range / effectivness / and reflection's for ship search light's have been straightend out and work much better.

Fire effect's and explosion effect's now have a much better reflection on the water effect with more of the color's showing up in the reflection.

Made some adjustment's so the slightly under water explosion's can reach the surface of the ocean better as long as it dosn't happen too deep in the water.

When I release the finished work for the object reflections you will have the new light house lighting that I did as well as being able to see city and building light's a little better at night. Originaly the set up for them was so that they were brighter during the day than at night time. I am changeing them so they are the exact oposit seeing light is easier to see at night than day in real life.