SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: How fast you want the Cloud's to move in the Sky
I like them the way they are 96 20.43%
I want them a Little Slower 94 20.00%
I want them a Lot Slower 157 33.40%
Please give us Optional Install's 142 30.21%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 470. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-13-07, 03:52 AM   #1531
java`s revenge
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 97
Uploads: 0

Installed shiv again and made now a backup. Installed all the mods again and
the game now runs fine.
Old 11-13-07, 05:24 AM   #1532
Laffertytig
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 110

what order is it best to install rfb using the enabler, RFB over ROTW or the other way around? if ROTW on the water only effects graphics etc then why do these mods conflict?

and what about TM does anyone it with this mod, im still tryin to decide which one to use
Laffertytig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-07, 06:37 AM   #1533
longam
Admiral

Downloads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffertytig
what order is it best to install rfb using the enabler, RFB over ROTW or the other way around? if ROTW on the water only effects graphics etc then why do these mods conflict?

and what about TM does anyone it with this mod, im still tryin to decide which one to use
Check Leo's Post #1510 back a page
longam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-07, 06:38 AM   #1534
Fish40
The Old Man

Downloads: 146

[QUOTE]what order is it best to install rfb using the enabler, RFB over ROTW or the other way around? if ROTW on the water only effects graphics etc then why do these mods conflict?

I think you would want to install RFB first, since ROW will change some of those files. That's the way I did it, and can't find any problems as of yet. Even though ROW is a graphical, environmental enhancement, and dose'nt alter gameplay, the LBO portion of ROW changes the scene.dat files. RFB also changes this. This is the conflict JSGME will warn about. Like I said earlier, I just let ROW overwrite whatever it wanted, and never looked back.
Fish40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-07, 10:40 AM   #1535
hyperion2206
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 8

I love your work, it's just incredible,leao!
The only thing that always confuses me is the order I have to install the different ROW elements. Would be cool if you or someone else could come up with a detailled installation guide.

hyperion2206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-07, 12:00 PM   #1536
linerkiller
Captain

Downloads: 36

excuse me....I have downloaded the newest ROW files and I don't know how put them into JSGME....can someone post an image of the correct order of installation
I use TM and I have downloaded all the proper files. Thank you in advance

Thanks you Leo...you have given us the ocean!

"When we realized that our clubbing and kickings were being administered by the burned, mutilated survivors of our handiwork, we found we could take it with less prejudice." Captain Richard "Dick" O'Kane-USS Tang
http://www.youtube.com/user/willembrock
linerkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-07, 12:11 PM   #1537
Fish40
The Old Man

Downloads: 146

Guys, check out page 74 of this thread. It's talked about in some length, with a couple of screenies from JSGME. It should give you some idea.
Fish40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-07, 12:38 PM   #1538
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie
Quote:
Originally Posted by leovampire
Quote:
First of all AWESOME work, thank you doesn't come close....

One issue, since downloading the new "ROW_SPecial_Effects_With_Triger_Maru_Zone's " file my torpedoes go straight through the japanese ships, not under, but literally straight into the ship and come out the other side without exploding. Anybody else seen this? :hmm:
I need to know what ships please?!
Um.... All of them so far.... :hmm: I even fired a torp at one of our own tankers in port and it did the same thing.
Leo,

Having run a torpedo test mission last night with all of your latest ROW Mods plus TM 1.6.5 and the TM Zone file. My torps are running straight and true....again no problems here to be noted.

I always run this mission, to test my install especially after unloading and reloading a whole slew of mods through JSGME.

The new ROW sound file is just fantastic, I surfaced to finish of my last target with the deck gun, just awesome!

GREAT WORK! Well done guys!

Wilcke
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-07, 12:38 PM   #1539
linerkiller
Captain

Downloads: 36

just checked....thank you

"When we realized that our clubbing and kickings were being administered by the burned, mutilated survivors of our handiwork, we found we could take it with less prejudice." Captain Richard "Dick" O'Kane-USS Tang
http://www.youtube.com/user/willembrock
linerkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-07, 04:08 PM   #1540
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 0
Default for the life of me my Print screen button dosn't work on my keyboard

So I can not produce and order of install on my own. When someone manages to get a clear one for me posted I will put it up on the main thread page. Unfortunatly the other one was not readable and I couldn't make it better looking.

But for now add ROW on top of Triger maru because Bucimus is not going to update it until after the patch is released.

The reason why there are slight conflict's is because Duci and Berry wanted to add things from environmental mod's and sound stuff other than just make campaign layers for the game.

Just let JSGME over write the file's it says will be over writen I promise you it will not effect the main thing those mod's created for the game.

I am working on the lightning fix and the smoke effects to straighten everything out that has been asked in the thread.

Just give me some time please as both the smoke and lightning are in the same file's so releasing them just for one fix and still haveing to do the other isn't a good way to go seeing people get confused easily with the mod it seems.

Thanks for your understanding and waiting for the work.
leovampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-07, 04:13 PM   #1541
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default Archie last night I used the T.M. zone's file in my game

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by leovampire
Quote:
First of all AWESOME work, thank you doesn't come close....

One issue, since downloading the new "ROW_SPecial_Effects_With_Triger_Maru_Zone's " file my torpedoes go straight through the japanese ships, not under, but literally straight into the ship and come out the other side without exploding. Anybody else seen this? :hmm:
I need to know what ships please?!
Um.... All of them so far.... :hmm: I even fired a torp at one of our own tankers in port and it did the same thing.
I hit 2 tankers and a DD in the normal campaign layers and sunk them and also in the school missions I hit everything I used a torpedo on so I do not know what is going on on your side of the tracks. Are you shure the torp's are not going under neath the ship's? Are you running a torpedo mod in your game?

And Wilcke just said he tryed the T.M. zone's file and had no problems so I just don;t know what to do to help at the moment. Try another one of the zone's files in your game and see what happens.

So far I have tested the Light NSM one and the T.M. one with no problems and I found and fixed the one with the stock game one that I found myself.
Old 11-13-07, 04:41 PM   #1542
momo55
Frogman

Downloads: 125
Default for wath it"s worth Leo

Started a new career this afternoon with TM after a few patrols with RSRD.
Played only for a houre..so still have to see if al works fine with this setup.

momo55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-07, 04:52 PM   #1543
kriller2
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 19
Default Installation order

Quote:
Originally Posted by linerkiller
excuse me....I have downloaded the newest ROW files and I don't know how put them into JSGME....can someone post an image of the correct order of installation
I use TM and I have downloaded all the proper files. Thank you in advance

Thanks you Leo...you have given us the ocean!
Hi Linerkiller,

Here you go this is what should be downloaded before install, but bear in mind that you can change some of the components if you f.ex. have a nvidia card, you should pick the textures with the sun halo (I have an ATI)

Before installation of ROW using JSGME

These mods combined is ROW installed correctly on stock SH4.

Guide to using JSGME can be found here :http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=120621

Hope that helps.
/Kriller2

Real Environment mod

and Pacific Enviroments 4 mod
kriller2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-07, 04:56 PM   #1544
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default thanks I will give it a try and see how it looks

Thanks for posting it for us and me momo55!

Thanks as well Kriller but need a reference as to what mod's should go before ROW as well like momo55 did with Triger Maru.

I will use both though so they can clearly see what part of the mod they should have together at least.
Old 11-13-07, 05:12 PM   #1545
momo55
Frogman

Downloads: 125
Default you're welcome Leo ..glad i could help for once .

@kriller2 : i have a nvideacard (8800gts 640mb) and tried both ..with and without sun halo camera.
I prefer without..because it gives me the feeling i'm looking true the eyes of the captain .
With i feel like i am a cameraman .
It al comes to personal taste if you have the choise.

good hunting and save return

momo55 is offline   Reply With Quote