SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-28-11, 03:19 AM   #211
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
I am working on it again tonight so I can have it ready for when TDW releases his next UI update to 6.7

Sounds good Trevally, thanks for Reply !

Best regards,
Magic
Old 08-07-11, 06:27 AM   #212
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

New version - see post 1

v2.7 IMPORTANT UPDATE
This version has been updated to use the new navigation commands within TDWS UI 6.7
These new commands give us two great features.

Waypoint Resume
With this we no longer have to start the script from the bunker only. When a navigation script
starts it will now look for the closest waypoint and head towards it and will continue from there.
So now you can save and end the game without having to wait until the script is complete.
When you load back up, you can select and start the script again and it will continue where you left off.
This will be most beneficial with the longer scripts like Bergen and Kiel Canal.

However it is worth noting that the script will resume to the nearest waypoint even if it is behind you.
This may cause an issue if you are in a narrow canal and you do not want to do a U turn. When
this happens, you should stop the script and move forward a small distance and try again.

Bufferzones
This will help stop you running into traffic while you are away from your computer or running high TC.
These bufferzones are like lookouts on your boat. They will continuously watchout for shipping and when
a ship gets within a set distance, the lookouts will inform the XO and he will slow your boat. This gives more
time for the ship to move out of the way. Once it is at a safe distance the XO will return your speed to where
you had set it.

There is also a second inner bufferzone. This means the ship is even closer and is now a risk to your boat.
When this happens the watch crew will inform the XO and he will order a further speed reduction and drop TC
down to one. When this happens you should check out where the ship is. When it looks like you will pass safely
you can just increase TC again and trust the lookouts to keep you informed. Speed will return to preset values.

On rare occasions you may meet a ship that is stuck directly in your path and it will not move. When this happens
you should take over from the XO. To do this you do not need to stop the script. You can simpley note your heading
and then adjust it until you will miss the stuck ship. When you have passed, just reset you original heading and
the script will pick up and continue.
Old 08-07-11, 06:32 AM   #213
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Quote:
New version - see post 1

v2.7 IMPORTANT UPDATE
This version has been updated to use the new navigation commands within TDWS UI 6.7
These new commands give us two great features.

Waypoint Resume
With this we no longer have to start the script from the bunker only. When a navigation script
starts it will now look for the closest waypoint and head towards it and will continue from there.
So now you can save and end the game without having to wait until the script is complete.
When you load back up, you can select and start the script again and it will continue where you left off.
This will be most beneficial with the longer scripts like Bergen and Kiel Canal.

However it is worth noting that the script will resume to the nearest waypoint even if it is behind you.
This may cause an issue if you are in a narrow canal and you do not want to do a U turn. When
this happens, you should stop the script and move forward a small distance and try again.

Bufferzones
This will help stop you running into traffic while you are away from your computer or running high TC.
These bufferzones are like lookouts on your boat. They will continuously watchout for shipping and when
a ship gets within a set distance, the lookouts will inform the XO and he will slow your boat. This gives more
time for the ship to move out of the way. Once it is at a safe distance the XO will return your speed to where
you had set it.

There is also a second inner bufferzone. This means the ship is even closer and is now a risk to your boat.
When this happens the watch crew will inform the XO and he will order a further speed reduction and drop TC
down to one. When this happens you should check out where the ship is. When it looks like you will pass safely
you can just increase TC again and trust the lookouts to keep you informed. Speed will return to preset values.

On rare occasions you may meet a ship that is stuck directly in your path and it will not move. When this happens
you should take over from the XO. To do this you do not need to stop the script. You can simpley note your heading
and then adjust it until you will miss the stuck ship. When you have passed, just reset you original heading and
the script will pick up and continue.
Wonderful Travelly, many thanks for your work !!!
Old 08-07-11, 06:40 AM   #214
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic1111 View Post
Wonderful Travelly, many thanks for your work !!!

Actually - my part is this was easy - most of the changes come from TDWs new Ui 6.7 so thanks again TDW
Old 08-07-11, 05:45 PM   #215
Trevally.
Navy Seal

V2.8 see post one

sorry everyone - there were a few errors in last version.
Please download v2.8
Old 08-07-11, 06:43 PM   #216
mia389
中国水兵

Downloads: 130

I like the buffer zone. My pilot did steer me into a wall leaving Loriet with 2.7. Good thing I was watching him. I thought I smelled alcohol on him. I will grab 2.8!.
mia389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-11, 03:33 AM   #217
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Quote:
V2.8 see post one

sorry everyone - there were a few errors in last version.
Please download v2.8
No problem mate !
Old 08-08-11, 10:30 AM   #218
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mia389 View Post
I like the buffer zone. My pilot did steer me into a wall leaving Loriet with 2.7. Good thing I was watching him. I thought I smelled alcohol on him. I will grab 2.8!.
It was when i also hit the wall leaving Lorient and was swimming back to shore I thought to myself "oops - v2.8 required"

Should be fixed now.
What was happening was - there was a ship within a bufferzone when a turn was required and I had it set to ignor script under these conditions - so the turn did not happen
Old 08-15-11, 05:45 PM   #219
Topo65
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 382

Trevally, I accidentally found an issue using SHIFT + Z to remove the interface and take a screenshot in external view. If you do that, the automation script is paused. If you go back to the bridge and forget to press SHIFT + Z again, you get the interface again, but incomplete. TDW´s digital clock no progress, and automated orders are not performed. Maybe someone will serve know this. Thank you to you and TDW, very much for your work. It is an amazing mod.

Sorry for my english. Hope you understand!
Topo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-11, 09:29 PM   #220
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topo65 View Post
Trevally, I accidentally found an issue using SHIFT + Z to remove the interface and take a screenshot in external view. If you do that, the automation script is paused. If you go back to the bridge and forget to press SHIFT + Z again, you get the interface again, but incomplete. TDW´s digital clock no progress, and automated orders are not performed.
Can you post this in my UIs thread? It's better served in that thread than here as it doesn't have anything to do with Trevally's scripts but rather my UIs mod. Plus by posting it there others may chime in that they have experienced this also and possibly what they have done to remedy it. Please post a screenshot of the problem also in my UIs thread with this so I can see what you are seeing/experiencing.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-11, 05:42 PM   #221
Paajtor
The Old Man

Downloads: 64
Uploads: 1

MO has version2.4 of this mod, if I'm correct...how do I update it to 2.8?

Paajtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-11, 05:45 PM   #222
mia389
中国水兵

Downloads: 130

Just add this via JSGME after MO
mia389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-11, 05:48 PM   #223
Paajtor
The Old Man

Downloads: 64
Uploads: 1

...so it overwrites?
Thank you!

Paajtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-11, 06:31 AM   #224
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paajtor View Post
...so it overwrites?
Thank you!
Yes, let it overwrite!

Best regards,
Magic
Old 09-28-11, 12:20 PM   #225
Halface
Bosun

Downloads: 135

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]
FX_Update_0_0_19_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_6_8_0_ByTheDarkWraith
Magnum_Opus_0_0_1
Magnum_Opus_Patch_2
Cerberus62 Additional Merchant Ships 1.1
Critical hits 1.1 Torpedos
EnahncedFunnelSmoke1.2_SH5
AilBubbles 1.0
AilClimateZones 1.1
AilImpurity 1.2
Grossdeutscher Rundfunk
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_1_2_byTheBeast
Critical hits v 1.2
Accurate German Flags
NewUIs_TDC_6_8_0_ERM_Reaper7_NightVision_Black_Ski n
Real Environment - Revision_3
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2.1 Patch
OPEN HORIZONS II_full v1.3
OHII - Cerberus ship patch
OH II remove reduce ported ships mines etc v4 open folder
Reduced Mission Tonnage v02
Dynamic Environment SH5-V2.1
Dynamic Environment SH5 Basemod (realistic version) V2.1
Dynamic Environment SH5 Shallow Waters V2.1 Patch
More_crew_commands_dialog_v1.04
Trevally Harbour & Kiel Canal Pilot v2.8

out of kiel the canal pilot worked like a charm but inbound...i get msg to refi,t end patrol, or postpone....and that that.....

pluss another off thing...when i have targets i dont get thir speed....yes i need auto TDC ...

any suggestions or clue what it can be ???
Halface is offline   Reply With Quote