Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-08-12, 07:45 PM   #1
RedTerex
Seaman

Downloads: 69
Uploads: 0
Default Thank You.

Long tiime no sea..er..see. I have reinstalled SHIV after a long break and have install the MMM mod pack and the Grossdeutscher Rundfunk sound pack.

The Sim now plays a lot better and is more enjoyable than the abysmal unfinished arcade "sea shooter" that I had the misfortune to attempt to play last time.

So, I thought I would leave it and come back in a year or so time and add any new mods to make the game better...it appears to have worked.

Of course the sim is still not entirely 100%, for example...I prefer to use arrow keys for periscope movement...any help here would be appreciated...but apart from that...its a lot better now.

So a BIG thank you to all the eternal modders that have worked hard to finish this game to its original conception...a decent Uboat sim will full immersion.

I have donated $15.00 to this forum, I wish I could have given more as its a drop in the ocean but I hope it helps out a bit.

Keep up the good work as its truly the modders who make the SH franchise a joy to play.

RT
RedTerex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-12, 08:51 PM   #2
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

You need to enable my patches for SH5 to fix the CO2 problem, torpedo dud problem, GR2 ships magnetic detonator problem, and sub hull not taking any damage (% integrity decrease) from DCs

You'll also want the newest version of IRAI, v0.0.37. MMM doesn't have the newest version
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-12, 08:21 AM   #3
RedTerex
Seaman

Downloads: 69
Uploads: 0

Thanks for the tips there TDW. I will certainly sort all of this out to get the best from this sim.

Keep up the great work too there fellah!
RedTerex is offline   Reply With Quote