SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: What time period would you like the Cold War Mod to encompass?
Early Cold War: 1947 to the early 1960s 148 14.23%
Mid Cold War: 1960s to 1980s 194 18.65%
Late Cold War: 1980's to 1991 147 14.13%
I want the whole thing! 1947 to 1991 551 52.98%
Voters: 1040. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-05-08, 01:11 AM   #211
qqbadwolf
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default How to use 627 in the career mode ?

How to use 627A in the career mode?
qqbadwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-08, 03:17 AM   #212
Fincuan
Admiral

Downloads: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqbadwolf
How to use 627A in the career mode?
Look up my post from a few pages back, where you have instructions on how to enable the 688i in career mode. Follow those instructions, but replace 688i with 627a. Also, where you have to put "Fx688i, 10" in flotillas.upc you now put "Fx627a, 8", x being the number of your flotilla.
Fincuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-08, 03:51 AM   #213
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280

jeez, i spent two hours modifying the flotilla and careerstart.upc files to get the november in career, i feel accomplished
by the time i was done, it was 1. am and even coffee couldnt save me

i am almost tempted to try and see if we can match the russians...
(the irony is reaching the redline and rising!)
anyone have an account on sukhoi to see if we can make this a joint effort?
apparently they have some 3d modelers worth their salt and im sure the subsim modding community can fill in whats left?

yes?
no?
am i insane?
(the third most likely, its a personal itch i need to scratch to combine the graphic realism of sh4 ((i feel i just made myself rather redundant)) with the ultra sleek, modern boats of the cold war)
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!

Last edited by Sledgehammer427; 04-05-08 at 05:08 AM.
Sledgehammer427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-08, 09:52 AM   #214
Snakeeyes
Captain

Location: trailing 1400 yards behind an Oscar-II with my outer doors open
Downloads: 54

Somebody Make A Damn Movie!!
Old 04-07-08, 06:18 AM   #215
tomagabriel
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 110
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeeyes
Somebody Make A Damn Movie!!
Bruce Willis for the captain!! (as a result he will swim all movie:rotfl.
tomagabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-08, 02:32 PM   #216
K19hiroshima
Swabbie

Hotel class submarine

Hi, ive just joined this forum because i saw your post about the possible hotel class submarine.
I am totally obsessed by the hotel class (including K19 of course) and i would be all to happy to model it for you guys.
I have had plenty of expereince with modelling with programs such as "Gmax" and "valve hammar" (but produced the finer detailed with the former), i have a full version of "3DS max", and i would be overjoyed if you let me produce the hotel class.
If you let me, i promise that i will put time and effort into producing a thouroughly convincing submarine that will be true to size and detail(i am currently in the throes of gathering pictures of the internal compartments), and i will not quit in the middle of the job. in one month i will have about 8 weeks of solid free time; in which i hope to get the bulk of the job done (but obviosly i will work on it from the thumbs up). the stuff you guys are turning out at the moment are amazing! nice work! ill wait for any reply.
my email is "docsoat@yahoo.com" in case you have any pictures of anything that might help me, and if you want to talk about anything in general, as im totally sub crazy; so once u get me going i wont shup up (unless u depth charge me lol).
K19hiroshima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-08, 02:54 PM   #217
BadPirate
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hotel class....:hmm:
Sounds good. Which one of the existing units in SH4 will you sacrifice? Balao, Gato, S's?
Old 04-08-08, 08:06 PM   #218
Snakeeyes
Captain

Location: trailing 1400 yards behind an Oscar-II with my outer doors open
Downloads: 54

Seriously... if you have been able download the mod PLEASE get fraps and make a movie!
Old 04-09-08, 07:27 AM   #219
K19hiroshima
Swabbie

Default Hotel class submarine

balao i suppose, as its pretty big, and its the more advanced version on the gato.
what is the best software to use?
how do i get my model into the mod?
is there someone else making a hotel as well?
and, has anyone got any good pictures of a real hotel hull (not from the film k19 widowmaker, as they used a juliet class submarine which looks a lot different), i have the actual blueprints of the real k19, but its only a side on cutaway view.
also when you guys made the 688 sub, does it still operate as a desil sub, or have you found a way to bypass this?
also if i find that the hotel is being too much trouble, i can always make a foxtrot first, and then once im more familiar with the early russian style of sub internal etc. i will be better prepared to take on the hotel.
is anyone making a foxtrot yet? as i would be happy in making that, as it is a desil sub, it will be oh so easy to model in performance, so i can get the physical parts good, so when i move on to the hotel i will be able to effectively make the model in no time, and then be able to spend even more time figuring how to do the missiles and nuclear powerplant for the hotel.
anyone else tried a nuclear sub?
or had any success with missiles?
and has anyone started or finished a foxtrot, if not i think i should make that first, so i will be able to make a better hotel with the experience of a russian sub.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Glory to the motherland!
Old 04-09-08, 07:30 AM   #220
K19hiroshima
Swabbie

Default foxtrot

if i made a foxtrot i think i would use the type XXI model for performance, and create my own skin for it
Old 04-09-08, 12:17 PM   #221
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

im looking up the performance specs of the foxtrot to see how close it matches the XXI

okay, the 'trots speed specs are this

16 knots surfaced, 15 knots (28 km/h) submerged, 9 knots (17 km/h) snorkeling

i just added you on msn, k19hiroshima. and there is a page in national geographics website about K-19 and it has pictures.

glad to help in any way

Sledgehammer427
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Old 04-09-08, 01:38 PM   #222
K19hiroshima
Swabbie

Default Aliance class

by the way, this weekend im going to the royal submarine musium, theres an alliance class submarine there. if i get enough pictures of the control room i could make a very affective sh4 model, it is post ww2 desel sub (bristish of course)
Old 04-09-08, 01:58 PM   #223
andycaccia
XO

Downloads: 261
Uploads: 2

@K19hiroshima

Hi Friend and welcome on this forum!
If you're willing to develop a new submarine you are welcome! I'd like to see it very much...so go on!! The K19 (Hotel class, or Project 658) is probably one of the most famous ssbn classes.
check here if you are looking for infos about this class

http://193.71.199.52/imaker?sub=1&id=10104

and in general about nuclear powered vessels in service with the Soviet Navy

http://193.71.199.52/en/internationa...996/11090.html

BTW, remember that it is not ncessary to sacrifice a boat to make a new one. It's much better to create a new submarine and the add it to the game. The difficult part is the 3d modeling, but if you are a skilled 3d modeler then no problem. I'm not a great modder, but if you have a good model I'm sure that you'll find a lot of people capable and willing to help you with your mod project.

Just Ask!
Old 04-09-08, 02:36 PM   #224
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by andycaccia
I'm sure that you'll find a lot of people capable and willing to help you with your mod project.
like me!
Old 04-10-08, 05:27 AM   #225
K19hiroshima
Swabbie

modeling

Ah sorry, a thought what he ment was that you had to replace a submarine with another, no i meen to completly produce a new one. after june as said earlyier; i will have about 8 weeks of free time in which i will be able to play around with the sub until its realistic.
Also, has anyone managed to actually simulate a nuclear power plant or got any slight results reguarding missiles in sh4?
thanks for letting me into this forum, i will behave and apreciate the oppertunity of this.

thanks for the foxtrot data sledgehammer427! ill see what i can do with it,
i am an experience moddler, but not so sure about "modder", im sure with time i can make a realistic model, its just there might be other details im not familiar with.

also i have found the actual soviet blueprint of k19, so that should help enormously.
as i said in a previous post, i am going to the "royal submarine musium" on saturday (GMT) where there is "HMS Alliance" (guess it or not, shes an Alliance class), and i will take plenty of internal photos of her control room so that i can model the 3d panarama in SH4, i think ill make "HMS Alliance" before the hotel, so i become familiar with the "modding" system; including all the exportation.
then i will be well equipped to tackle the hotel class, although its quite daunting, as beleave it or not, there arent any photos of the hotel's control room.
but as i have the blueprint, i should manage, as ive got a wad of pictures of the foxtrots control room, i suppose i could guess what it looks like (as the foxtrot is in the same general era as the hotel). if anyone has any pictures of the inside of a real hotel class, or a november class (as long as it isnt from "k19 the widowmaker" as it is a film with a made up set).
i did check that national geographic site, it was great thanx, i already knew about it, but you gave me a realy good idea; when it does those lil movies, i can pause it and hit print screen, and "kaboom" i have a hull image of k19! thanx for that (although i first want to see where national geo generated their images from, as they might just be an artist's guess, but from my knoledge of the hotel, it looks fairly similar to the blueprint, so ill take it with a pinch of salt).
thanx guys

blueprint URL: http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?im...%3Den%26sa%3DG

Last edited by K19hiroshima; 04-10-08 at 05:50 AM.