SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop > DW Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-08-06, 11:06 PM   #1
WargamerScott
Loader

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Tasking Order edit?

I started fooling around with the mission editor the other day. I created what I thought to be a throw-away mission that actually developed into something interesting. Unfortunately, the tasking order I wrote no longer reflects what the mission has become. Is there a way to edit tasking?

Also,

I want OS to receive a radio message with updated intel. How do I do this? I tried a trigger set to destination, but since OS is placed randomly, this doesn't always work. Any way around this problem?

Finally, and OT, how can you change the volumn on the button popping sound? It's so loud, it sounds more like you're firing a gun than hitting a button!

WargamerScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-06, 12:52 AM   #2
Miika
A-ganger

Downloads: 21

You can simply re-edit the tasking order just selecting your ship and going to the appropriate page. The copy-paste functions also work with the editor (CTRL-C and CTRL-V, if I remember right.)

There are multiple ways of making the radio updates work. The point is that you can send radio messages to OS from all the goals. One way I've used a lot is to make a single neutral ship far away from the action to trigger the goals. If you want the updates to take place in random times, you can make the neutral ship to have a random starting box.

You can download my missions from Bill's site; they are all open. For instance in the mission "The Northern Flank" there is a random neutral ship in the south; which (should it appear) will create a random new mission.

Miika
Old 01-09-06, 04:02 AM   #3
Fish
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 0
Default Re: Tasking Order edit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WargamerScott
I started fooling around with the mission editor the other day. I created what I thought to be a throw-away mission that actually developed into something interesting. Unfortunately, the tasking order I wrote no longer reflects what the mission has become. Is there a way to edit tasking?

Also,

I want OS to receive a radio message with updated intel. How do I do this? I tried a trigger set to destination, but since OS is placed randomly, this doesn't always work. Any way around this problem?

Finally, and OT, how can you change the volumn on the button popping sound? It's so loud, it sounds more like you're firing a gun than hitting a button!
For the radio msg, I think "auto"will do the trick.
For editing msg's you could open the map in notebook.
Fish is offline   Reply With Quote