SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop > DW Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-14-05, 11:02 PM   #1
Caseck
Torpedoman

Downloads: 17
Uploads: 0
Default Seahawk Down! SAR in DW?

I'm fumbling around with the scripts after most of a year. (I finally have some time again to mess with DW.) --Attached Triggers is what I'm concerned with really...

I'm trying to figure out how to CREATE a RUBBER RAFT when a unit is destroyed, and then to have it so it can be picked up by Allied ships or helos... This has to happen WHEREVER the aircraft or sub happens to be. It's not intended to be a scripted event, more of a cause and effect event to influence scoring...

Any ideas?

I'm not sure that an attached trigger will drop the raft at the last location of a helo/ship when it's destroyed. Or am I just asking too much?

Basically this way I can have a negative score for a ship/plane/helo getting shot down, but then if you recover the crew you lose significantly less points...

When I get really high speed, I'll only allow the raft to exist for a given amount of time depending on conditions, so you have to get to survivors quick when they go in the water!
Caseck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-05, 02:17 PM   #2
MaHuJa
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 3

I haven't been able to have an object created relative to the position of some other object. If anyone finds out, I'd like to know.

Teaching DW newbies how to climb the food chain.
MaHuJa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-05, 06:24 PM   #3
soundken
Watch

Downloads: 0
Default Re: Seahawk Down! SAR in DW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseck
I'm not sure that an attached trigger will drop the raft at the last location of a helo/ship when it's destroyed. Or am I just asking too much?
probably but lets see if its possible

this happened often in fleet comand where if a pilot got shot down and bailed he would be in a raft ( or the ground ) and you would have to go send the helo to rescue him. i really liked this part it added a whole dynamic to the mission often in completing tasks you would be creating little sub missions in that you had to rescue the pilots tying up resources possibly moving the fleet so the helo is in range

however the user controled helo is a different animal and i dont think it does rescues or sf drop offs to bad to id love to drop off some sf guys in my helo

ill look into fc and try to finf the scripts/ files that pertain to this might take a while though.
soundken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-05, 06:36 PM   #4
TLAM Strike
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundken
this happened often in fleet comand where if a pilot got shot down and bailed he would be in a raft
This still happens in DW...

TLAM Strike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-05, 06:29 AM   #5
soundken
Watch

toally cool, i havent seen that yet will look for it now, a thought does the poor guy have a transponder or somthing id hate for him to rely on my radar/sonar abilities id probably miss him or clasify him as an enmy sub periscope and launch a hellfire

is it possible to do a rescue with the helo that would be cool beans :|\
Old 12-21-05, 06:36 AM   #6
XabbaRus
Navy Seal

Downloads: 5

I don't think he does but you could use dwedit and attach a radar to him so you could pick him up on ESM.
Old 12-21-05, 07:40 AM   #7
soundken
Watch

you could have an destination trigger where the raft is and have it remove the raft after you stay on station for a sec or at certain alt. i think (need more reaserch idea just came to me) like a sf pickup for the sub. so we can get the poor chap out of the water (i think)

now the big question can you set up a kill trigger to create a new destination trigger? and of course create the raft ( i admit i havent had dw for that long so im still figuring out the ed)
Old 12-21-05, 01:40 PM   #8
Fish
Eternal Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseck
I'm trying to figure out how to CREATE a RUBBER RAFT when a unit is destroyed, and then to have it so it can be picked up by Allied ships or helos... This has to happen WHEREVER the aircraft or sub happens to be. It's not intended to be a scripted event, more of a cause and effect event to influence scoring...

Any ideas?

Wel, its not a problem to create a raft after a aircraft, ship or helo go's down.
But I dare to say, it's imposible to create it at the place where the catastrophe take place.
Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-05, 03:29 PM   #9
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 2

...unless you script the catastrophe as well!