SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-05-16, 04:54 PM   #16
GT182
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 658
Uploads: 0

I know what you mean Aero... but, if they don't have their data up anymore you guys trying to make use of what they did have and know are out of luck. Like anything else tho, they get tired of making mods and move on. Just like some here at SubSim have.

No Borders, No Language, No Culture =s No Country

I'm a Deplorable, and proud of it.
GT182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-16, 05:48 PM   #17
areo16
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
I know what you mean Aero... but, if they don't have their data up anymore you guys trying to make use of what they did have and know are out of luck. Like anything else tho, they get tired of making mods and move on. Just like some here at SubSim have.

I know backer and U-47 frequent the forums because of their profile activity. I just need to get ahold of them and see if they'd release some of their research to the mod community like hsie and others have.

There is so much more potential here that backer knows. He knows how to add units to the game on the fly! What a concept! We need to know what he knows. And there are others here that can use that info like myself, exFisherman, and fader_Berg.

They don't have to share their research, if they don't want to. But it would be in the interest of the community if they did.
areo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-16, 07:34 PM   #18
GT182
Ocean Warrior

Here's hoping they contact you or you can contact them. TDW would like to know what they know too.... as well as everyone else.

Old 01-05-16, 08:55 PM   #19
areo16
Sonar Guy

Quote:
Here's hoping they contact you or you can contact them. TDW would like to know what they know too.... as well as everyone else.
I wasn't aware TDW was still around, or even modded sh3 anymore. I thought he preferred sh5.
Old 01-05-16, 10:01 PM   #20
GT182
Ocean Warrior

Not sure myself if he's around or not. Tho I believe he drops in from time to time. Even if he's more inclined towards SH5, I'm sure if he hears there's something afoot with SH3 and the Chinese lads, his ears will surely perk up.

Old 01-05-16, 11:44 PM   #21
HW3
Navy Seal

Downloads: 453

TDW hasn't been here since March 2015.

"Some ships are designed to sink...others require our assistance." Nathan Zelk
HW3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-16, 06:23 PM   #22
areo16
Sonar Guy

Quote:
Not sure myself if he's around or not. Tho I believe he drops in from time to time. Even if he's more inclined towards SH5, I'm sure if he hears there's something afoot with SH3 and the Chinese lads, his ears will surely perk up.
I wouldn't give my hopes up.

Nonetheless, we need to get this data from the Chinese first.
Old 01-06-16, 06:25 PM   #23
areo16
Sonar Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaminus View Post
Sorry that i misunderstood. You need to try to reply some ordinary threads which without permission, after several posts, you can get enough permission. if you can not post in one thread, try another, keep trying.

By the way, what's your name in that forum?
Do you think you could send backer and U-47 private messages over at the other forum and ask them if they'd be willing to share any SH3.exe address locations?

That would really help us out because I'm not sure if my PM's are getting through, or if I'm sending them right.
Old 01-08-16, 05:40 AM   #24
backer
Mate

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by areo16 View Post
Do you think you could send backer and U-47 private messages over at the other forum and ask them if they'd be willing to share any SH3.exe address locations?

That would really help us out because I'm not sure if my PM's are getting through, or if I'm sending them right.
I am Wolfpack author, I'm glad to share my improvement for other authors, what need my help?
my english is no good, please do not mind

Last edited by backer; 01-08-16 at 07:32 AM.
backer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-16, 03:58 PM   #25
areo16
Sonar Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by backer View Post
I am Wolfpack author, I'm glad to share my improvement for other authors, what need my help?
my english is no good, please do not mind
Fantastic!

We would like any memory address locations (static pointers) of useful data in Sh3.exe. Like how do you add uboat to campaign map using Wolfpack mod. You find address location and then insert data? Using CheatEngine or OllyDbg?
Old 01-10-16, 12:43 AM   #26
backer
Mate

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by areo16 View Post
Fantastic!

We would like any memory address locations (static pointers) of useful data in Sh3.exe. Like how do you add uboat to campaign map using Wolfpack mod. You find address location and then insert data? Using CheatEngine or OllyDbg?
SH3不是我的产品,所以我没有权利公开他的关键数据。我在分析程序的时候喜欢用Ollydbg和IDA, 当然,这并不是指我侵犯过SH3。如果你喜欢我的MOD,我可以给大家公开我的程序的相关数据配置,就像i ni文件一样。
SH3 is not my product so I don't have right to give its relevant information and data.By the way Ollydbg and IDA are my regular tools when I work so I don' t infringe a copyright of SH3. By the end ,if you are interested in my MOD, I can bring my relevant information and data into public as ini file.
backer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-16, 03:59 AM   #27
areo16
Sonar Guy

Quote:
SH3不是我的产品,所以我没有权利公开他的关键数据。我在分析程序的时候喜欢用Ollydbg和IDA, 当然,这并不是指我侵犯过SH3。如果你喜欢我的MOD,我可以给大家公开我的程序的相关数据配置,就像i ni文件一样。
SH3 is not my product so I don't have right to give its relevant information and data.By the way Ollydbg and IDA are my regular tools when I work so I don' t infringe a copyright of SH3. By the end ,if you are interested in my MOD, I can bring my relevant information and data into public as ini file.
What you say is correct.

I'm not asking for any manipulation of SH3.exe. I'm asking for base pointers for sh3 which is to edit running memory of the executable, which is legal. Not editing of executable itself.
Releasing programs that edit executables, which contain the data to edit them, is allowed and was done here by hsie and the hardcore fixes mod. Releasing the data is fine, releasing modified executable is not.

But, either way, I would like any information you can share. ini file will work just fine.

Thank you!

Last edited by areo16; 01-10-16 at 04:26 AM.
Old 01-27-16, 03:23 PM   #28
areo16
Sonar Guy

Quote:
I can bring my relevant information and data into public as ini file.

Any progress on this backer?

Do you mind opening up your .act files to open source? Like patSH3r. Or just releasing base pointer information.