SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Sub & Naval Discussions: World Naval News, Books, & Films
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-24-17, 09:17 AM   #136
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

He did it, no doubt.
Had he instantly reported it, it might have been passed as an accident, certainly depending on evidence found.

But dismembering and adding a weight, scuttling the sub, telling different stories overtime, this covering-up makes an accident implausible.
It seems he had to hide something, and while we can only guess what it is, there are not so much plausible foregoing events to imagine

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-17, 10:45 AM   #137
Schroeder
Navy Seal

Downloads: 62

German media says that he's now charged with murder and not manslaughter anymore.

(in German)
http://www.tagesschau.de/ausland/kim...klage-101.html
Old 08-24-17, 10:53 AM   #138
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I'm obviously no expert of the judicial system in Denmark but here in the UK there would already be sufficient evidence both material and circumstantial for the CPS (Crown Prosecution Service) to go to trial with.

You state 'without any doubt'. Surely that should be 'beyond reasonable doubt', otherwise there would need to be a first hand witness present or video evidence or something of that nature during the actual event before a conviction could be obtained?
Me either.
Heard a expert on Danish Justice, saying it ain't enough that they have found the torso, blood inside his sub. The police and the prosecutor has to prove it was him. Then this woman mentioned som old case where the perpetrator had confessed and after removed this or the police had found enough evidence, but the criminal was set free by the court.

In my head it's no doubt Peter did this-
The big question is-Could he have an evil alter ego-Like Mr. Jekyll and Hyde ? If so, could Peter be unavare of his alter ego ? This is of course a job for the psychiatrist.

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-17, 11:02 AM   #139
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Me either.
Heard a expert on Danish Justice, saying it ain't enough that they have found the torso, blood inside his sub. The police and the prosecutor has to prove it was him. Then this woman mentioned som old case where the perpetrator had confessed and after removed this or the police had found enough evidence, but the criminal was set free by the court.

In my head it's no doubt Peter did this-
The big question is-Could he have an evil alter ego-Like Mr. Jekyll and Hyde ? If so, could Peter be unavare of his alter ego ? This is of course a job for the psychiatrist.

Markus
Alter ego? I have never met the guy. I do not know what if any ego he may have. Perhaps sexual advances were made aboard the sub that were thwarted or perpetrated. Were these two alone on the sub? What would a journalist do once arriving back to port after such an event?
Old 08-24-17, 11:06 AM   #140
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

The charges have been upgraded to murder
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7910671.html
Old 08-24-17, 11:32 AM   #141
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Danish police are going to add additional charge against Peter. "Improper handling of human remains"

Markus
Old 08-24-17, 11:53 AM   #142
Carotio
Mr. Bad Wolf

Downloads: 47

http://ekstrabladet.dk/112/muligt-fu...rettet/6790935
http://politiken.dk/indland/art60805...mulig-kropsdel

Possibly, a body part has been found near Falsterbo in Sweden. Danish police notified about it. No more news about that.

http://ekstrabladet.dk/112/torso-var...e-ting/6790284

The torso was nude, so the clothes must be flowing in the water somewhere...

http://www.bt.dk/krimi/avis-raket-ma...sikerede-taesk

Rumour goes that PM is now in solitary in the prison. Because of hierarchy in prisons, it's probably PM himself who wanted to be there, because any criminal who have molested, damaged or killed any woman or child is the lowest of the lowest, and though he isn't convicted in a trial yet, everybody in there knows who he is by now.

http://www.bt.dk/krimi/nyt-i-ubaadsm...gslet-for-drab

On september 5th, when the next trial hearing will take place, the prosecutor will ask to have PM examined by a psychologist plus he/she will demand the charge of molesting the body to be added to the charge. For that alone, it's up to 6 months in jail. If he is convicted of manslaughter, it's up to 8 years in prison, and if it's murder - according to this:
https://danskelove.dk/straffeloven/237
it will be from 5 years to life. A lifesentence in Denmark is usually up to 16 years, IIRC. Only hard cases, it's really life. But even then, it's hard. We once had a police murderer, who stayed in prison for 33 years.
Back in 2000, a man, who once murdered his own mother, when he lived in the USA, came back to Denmark, got a relationship with a woman, whom he later killed along with her children. I was back in 2000 one of those who had to search for the bones of those 3 persons. Peter Lundin was his name. Even though the bodies were never found, the police presented enough evidence in court, so he was convicted to life in prison.
So it could be possible for the court to convict PM for this, if they have enough evidence to convince the court.
Now some of you speak of a jury. I'm not sure there will be a jury for this case, or if it will be 3 judges. I'm not that much into Danish law system, but I don't think that juries are used that much in Denmark. I think that several judges are more common. But I could ask some friends who study law to ask around, what's more common, plus I know a lawyer to ask too.

Anyway, as several of you have written. The fact that the body is dismembered/molested, and the fact that the sub went down, and the fact that he lied and changed explanation, and the fact that he didn't call for help, all that makes it impossible to believe that it indeed was an accident. If - and it's a BIG IF - it was an accident and that he went into panic and wanted to bury her at sea, then why the .... did he cut her up? Temporaily insanity? And why didn't he tell about that fact from the beginning? The calm way he was answering the questions from reporters when he got ashore and brought to the police doesn't show a man in panic.
I'm really looking forward to read the result from the psycologist and what the final verdict will be. Hopefully, the full truth will be revealed at that time. Because now, there are really too many open questions, which need to be answered.....

Download my mods from SHMF
Follow my photography here
taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle fraais, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo castellano
Carotio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-17, 12:14 PM   #143
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

What begins to emerge is the portrait of a particularly gruesome monster.... I fear this gets sadder before it gets better.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-17, 12:56 PM   #144
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

What happens to his submarine? What if someone buys it at auction?

What is a one of kind submarine worth?
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-17, 01:18 PM   #145
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post

The submarine is entered as evidence for now. I would believe it would be scrapped eventually.
Old 08-24-17, 01:24 PM   #146
Schroeder
Navy Seal

Downloads: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post

Isn't it technically still his property? Just because someone goes to jail, doesn't mean they're stripped of their possessions.
Old 08-24-17, 01:30 PM   #147
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
The submarine is entered as evidence for now. I would believe it would be scrapped eventually.
I have had almost the same thoughts-what's going to happen to his sub ?

Will it, when the police it done with, it be sold on some auction ?

If so, who's going to buy a sub, where a horrible crime have been....

Markus
Old 08-24-17, 01:31 PM   #148
kraznyi_oktjabr
Sea Lord

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
Agreed. After first trial there will likely be appeal or two and submarine will almost certainly remain in evidence until case is closed. I'm quite confident that Danish government will take Nautilus in its possesssion and will silently scrap it to avoid any souvenir nonsense.
Old 08-24-17, 01:37 PM   #149
kraznyi_oktjabr
Sea Lord

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroeder View Post
Isn't it technically still his property? Just because someone goes to jail, doesn't mean they're stripped of their possessions.
I don't know about Danish law but in Finland court can condemn property (without compensation) if it has been used in commitment of crime or acquired by criminal means or with illicit gains. I'm surprised if there are no similar provisions in Danish law books.
Old 08-24-17, 02:01 PM   #150
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I have had almost the same thoughts-what's going to happen to his sub ?

Will it, when the police it done with, it be sold on some auction ?

If so, who's going to buy a sub, where a horrible crime have been....

Markus
Thus my thoughts it will be scrapped.

Tags
madsen, murder, nautilus, wall