SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Indie Subsims > Sub Commander
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-01-14, 02:06 PM   #196
Wojtek94
Watch

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Sorry for my bad eng but im from Poland. Hmm... Game is great-for my the best sub simulator. Only Aces of the Deep give my as much fun But i wait for save game option... Without it game is boring. Like a single mission. Brr... I hope you give us that option in nearly future. Thanks for that game! Respect
Wojtek94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-14, 02:17 PM   #197
PMantix
Nub

Downloads: 0

This game is amazing and it brings me great joy that it exists.

I will await further releases with as much patience as I can muster.
PMantix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-14, 10:51 PM   #198
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard

PMantix! and Wojtek94!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-14, 03:37 AM   #199
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Welcome to you both

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-14, 09:09 PM   #200
PMantix
Nub

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! This seems like quite a friendly forum, I'm happy to see.

Although I have some bad news... as it turns out I'm not a very good Captain. My men seem to have life expectancy on the order or days or hours...
I'd like to say that there was no meaningless loss of life, but.. well.

Which, while we are on the topic, is there any way to move around... the bodies... to a more respectful final resting place? Seems like leaving the deceased just lying about doesn't cause much of a gameplay issue, but I feel a little guilty about sending the generator room crew on break and just leaving the chief there in the middle of the floor, glowing green.
PMantix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-14, 12:44 AM   #201
TheGeoff
Planesman

Downloads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wojtek94 View Post
Sorry for my bad eng but im from Poland. Hmm... Game is great-for my the best sub simulator. Only Aces of the Deep give my as much fun But i wait for save game option... Without it game is boring. Like a single mission. Brr... I hope you give us that option in nearly future. Thanks for that game! Respect
Thank you! Glad you're enjoying the game so much. Saving the game is planned eventually - hopefully soon you will be able to save between missions (in port), and later I'll add the ability to save at any time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantix View Post
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! This seems like quite a friendly forum, I'm happy to see.

Although I have some bad news... as it turns out I'm not a very good Captain. My men seem to have life expectancy on the order or days or hours...
I'd like to say that there was no meaningless loss of life, but.. well.

Which, while we are on the topic, is there any way to move around... the bodies... to a more respectful final resting place? Seems like leaving the deceased just lying about doesn't cause much of a gameplay issue, but I feel a little guilty about sending the generator room crew on break and just leaving the chief there in the middle of the floor, glowing green.
Welcome! That's a very good point, the casualties pile up pretty quickly sometimes and it would be good to have a way to move them off the floor to somewhere more appropriate. I think I'll replace the galley (which doesn't actually do anything) with a medical room soon, which would offer some options for treating injured or irradiated crew as well as a place for the deceased.
TheGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-14, 09:45 AM   #202
Mixolyde
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGeoff View Post
I think I'll replace the galley (which doesn't actually do anything) with a medical room soon, which would offer some options for treating injured or irradiated crew as well as a place for the deceased.
A place for the deceased. So you'll add the galley back in?
Mixolyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-14, 12:17 PM   #203
Tango589
Still crazy as ever!

Downloads: 180
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixolyde View Post
A place for the deceased. So you'll add the galley back in?
The crew have to eat something on along voyage, what better than Soylent Green?

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...
Tango589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-14, 10:06 PM   #204
TheGeoff
Planesman

Haha I meant there will be a medical room instead of the galley, not a horrific medical room/galley hybrid

I figured that since crew don't actually need to eat at the moment a galley is not really necessary. I experimented with a couple of systems for simulating rations and supplies a while ago but it felt like it didn't add much to the game... either I make it so crew occasionally go off duty to eat (leading to terrible disasters when the reactor watch decides to go grab some sandwiches at a bad time) or you will need to specifically order crew to eat, which seems silly. A real submarine of course has many more crew so some are on duty while others are resting/eating, maybe I'll change the crew system to reflect that one day.
Old 06-09-14, 07:15 PM   #205
Gobbopathe
Nub

Ahoy,

I just discovered your game. OK for all the rooms, etc... But I went where is the mission, with the green X on the map. But no way to find the target, through radar, sonar, looking through the periscope, ...

Can the ship be in a large area around ?

Btw, thanks
Gobbopathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-14, 08:02 PM   #206
BubbaJake
Swabbie

Downloads: 31
Can't get it to run

It was running fine a bit ago, but now after two minutes it spits out that "Illegal Memory Address" and crashes. I have tried Administator and DEP, nothing has worked. The game was excellent while I was playing it! Also could someone link me to the newest download, I'm a little confused.
BubbaJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-14, 09:20 PM   #207
TheGeoff
Planesman

The game was featured on Rock Paper Shotgun again!
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014...sub-commander/

Quote:
Ahoy,

I just discovered your game. OK for all the rooms, etc... But I went where is the mission, with the green X on the map. But no way to find the target, through radar, sonar, looking through the periscope, ...

Can the ship be in a large area around ?

Btw, thanks
The target should be somewhere near the mark on the map - you should be able to find it setting the radar range to maximum and patrolling around a bit.

The mark on the map (and the coordinates given by radio) are the target's approximate coordinates at the time the mission was given. It might have moved a bit in the time it took you to reach the mission area, but should still be somewhere nearby (almost certainly within ~150 nautical miles).

Quote:
It was running fine a bit ago, but now after two minutes it spits out that "Illegal Memory Address" and crashes. I have tried Administator and DEP, nothing has worked. The game was excellent while I was playing it! Also could someone link me to the newest download, I'm a little confused.
I always make sure the link at the top of the first post in this thread is for the newest download (where it says "Download Latest Version Here")

The crash is strange, not sure what could be causing that. Thanks for reporting it! Have you modified the gameoptions.ini file or added any custom submarines? Also, is the crash happening in the game screen or on the menu? Redownloading the latest version and unzipping it to an empty folder should fix it if it's a configuration issue of some kind.
Old 06-09-14, 11:08 PM   #208
Mixermath
Bilge Rat

Default Trouble with the map?

I've been trying to play for a few hours now, but there is one thing which is holding me back. It seems that whenever I am playing, my location on the map you get when you press M is not updating. It still is saying that I am at the starting position, even after 3 days straight of travelling at 30 knots. Is this a bug, or am I missing something?
Mixermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-14, 04:47 AM   #209
Jaystew
Sparky

Downloads: 50
Default I think your famous

I think your famous. Happened to stumble on this about sub commander.

Not even a true blue submariner as he refers to them "torpeodoes" as missiles but forgive and forget

Check it out here

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014...sub-commander/

Congrats

Last edited by Jaystew; 06-10-14 at 04:59 AM.
Jaystew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-14, 08:59 PM   #210
BubbaJake
Swabbie

Downloads: 31
Default Reply to Geoff

Hey Geoff, Sorry, I don't now how to quote you (I'm not real good using forums).

I attempted to reinstall the latest version, Into a clean folder, And I left the config to default. Sure enough after about 2 minutes, I got "illegal memory address".

I really hope you can fix this, I loved your game for the time I got to play it!
BubbaJake is offline   Reply With Quote