Thank you, i´ll try that
Kendan452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-12, 09:23 PM   #2
cfsflyer
Swabbie

Downloads: 7
Uploads: 0
Default External torpedoe usage?

Hi everyone, I have a question that I am unable to find a answer for. My external torpedoes, how do I access them? I ran out of torpedoes and noticed that I still have one external fore and aft, but am unable to gain usage of them.
Windows 7 Ultimate
cfsflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-12, 10:26 PM   #3
lilpooper
Sailor man

Downloads: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsflyer View Post
Hi everyone, I have a question that I am unable to find a answer for. My external torpedoes, how do I access them? I ran out of torpedoes and noticed that I still have one external fore and aft, but am unable to gain usage of them.
You must surface the boat. Then you drag the torpedo from the storage to internal storage using your mouse. It takes a long time to transfer and you're supposed to remain surfaced for the whole time (but I've seen a glitch where sometimes you can submerge).

And thats pretty much all there is to it.
lilpooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-12, 08:40 PM   #4
cfc3612
Swabbie

Downloads: 16
Default getting pissed off

Question I am doing Recon Narvik naval base and I see the camera icon and when I get there I dont know what I need to do I circled it a couple of time and nothing HELP me Please
cfc3612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-12, 08:25 AM   #5
sidslotm
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfc3612 View Post
Question I am doing Recon Narvik naval base and I see the camera icon and when I get there I dont know what I need to do I circled it a couple of time and nothing HELP me Please
Hi, just did this one, it's a matter of being right one the camera icon and looking through the scope and finding the single object that needs photographing, then click, done.
Old 07-14-12, 09:16 AM   #6
SFSchmidt
Swabbie

Downloads: 6
Default British supplies

As i am quite new to silent hunter, i am going through career, in the campaign, total germany, where you have to sink 100.000 tons of shipping South of ireland, do you have to go All the Way back to Bremen to resupply? I cant get resupplied at sea because the request is denied? Any experiences on this?
SFSchmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-12, 05:06 AM   #7
Kaleun Kongo
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 3

thx
Kaleun Kongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-12, 08:51 PM   #8
Sagara
Nub

Downloads: 18

Hi, Since they removed the compass on Silent hunter 5, how can i do to know my bearing? or if there is a way to see a compass with the cardinal points.

My question is without using any mod, i don't think is impossible to know my bearing (without moving) on stock game.

I tried the mod "the dark Wraith" but i only have version 1.1 so the compass doesn't work.
Sagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-12, 09:08 PM   #9
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagara View Post
Hi, Since they removed the compass on Silent hunter 5, how can i do to know my bearing? or if there is a way to see a compass with the cardinal points.

My question is without using any mod, i don't think is impossible to know my bearing (without moving) on stock game.

I tried the mod "the dark Wraith" but i only have version 1.1 so the compass doesn't work.
Well then you need to upgrade! http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=166093

Current version is v6.9.0. You have much to discover
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-12, 10:06 PM   #10
quink99
中国水兵

Downloads: 941

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagara View Post

Sagara,

It's a little confusing but I think your saying that you have not yet updated the stock game to version I.2. If this is the case should update the game to the current version, version 1.2, first. If you don't, you are almost guarenteed lots of challenging problems. You can do this by going to the Silent Hunter 5 main folder and then >Support>Game Updater>GU,exe and click on it. That action will bring to date.

Next I would highly recommend you install The Dark Wraith's most recent TDC MOD which is NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith. It can be found Here;

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21026...eDarkWraith_7z

Next, go here;

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=3069

.........and you will find what, I think, is the best compass and steering MOD available for SH5. This, too, should be installed with JSGME.

These two MODS should resolve your problems.

Last edited by quink99; 05-21-12 at 10:29 PM.
quink99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-12, 11:25 PM   #11
Sagara
Nub

Downloads: 18

ok thanks, I still don't understand how they can release a naval game without compass
Sagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-12, 03:42 AM   #12
shr84
Swabbie

Downloads: 60
Default Control diving detph via Strg/Control and raise against the bug(manuel divinf)

To control depth manualy or better hold a depth in deep water you have to put strg/contr and select 0 m(or feet dont know i play german version).Now your boat should hold the depth best it can do it i think.In may oppinion all other fixes (surfacing,go to periscope depth)are useless.Now you can move in silent mode without sinking .I play with A.I. difficult mod and the destroyers drive instantly to your position when you drive higher than 1 in other words you never could get them off.Glad i found that out by trying after only 30min.
Hope this is a help for them who dont now this.For me that bug was the frustradingst one because this makes the game realy unplayable.So frustrading that it forces me to post a reply .
P.S. If this tip exists allready than hey another chance to find out how to control the "without mods nearly uncontrolable beast called silent hunter 5" for unlucky unknowing like me.
shr84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-12, 08:46 AM   #13
Retzer
Swabbie

Downloads: 7
Default VOLTRON

When going to the sound mods available on this sight, is there anything special I have to do to download it, or does it automatically attach itself to the sound folder in the game and work? THANKS
Retzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-12, 09:10 AM   #14
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retzer View Post
When going to the sound mods available on this sight, is there anything special I have to do to download it, or does it automatically attach itself to the sound folder in the game and work? THANKS
All mods come in a zipped folder. You have to use a program such as http://www.7zip.com/ to open that folder. You can then move the Data folder inside into your SH5 folder and overwrite the existing one when it asks. Better is to use JSGME http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=3559 to install mods. That way you can tell if it might interfere with other mods and if you end up not liking it you can easily remove it again.
Old 10-19-12, 12:49 PM   #15
XDugginX
Swabbie

Downloads: 23
Default Watch Officer Issue sh 5

My watch officer wont go below deck when i submerge, I know this because i see him still on the deck gwhile submerged, I cant run silent because of it, is this a bug? i purchased the game through steam.
scratch that, got it
XDugginX is offline   Reply With Quote