Old 03-20-10, 11:24 AM   #211
Scoochy
Sparky

Downloads: 24
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinAir View Post
Hey,

first Q, can i aim at a certain parts of the boat by using auto tdc? how? for example, let say i want to hit middle, or very front and etc.
also, whats the best depth for the torpedo, or does it depend on the boat i am attacking? Boats do have different length bottoms (ones are deeper in the water, others not).

Thanks a lot.
Use your periscope to target certain parts of the ship. If your TDC Calculations are accurate, the bearing your are pointing is the information used for targeting.

Torpedo depth is determined by the depth of their hull. Default usually sets the torpedo depth to just below the waterline, which should be fine. If you are using the magnetic trigger, set your depth 1-2 meters below the keel for magnetic detonation.
Scoochy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-10, 11:45 AM   #212
Akula
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 56
Default How to return to course without a mod...

There is actually a way...

just add another way point to your current last waypoint and your sub will resume course again.

Sorry if this was posted already.
Akula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-10, 02:27 PM   #213
Rob The Bastard
Nub

Downloads: 17

I've already read elsewhere that the hydrophone wheel is controlled with the mouse wheel... but I notice that the adjacent volume control can be highlighted and rotated with the mouse wheel as well.
Rob The Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-10, 03:10 PM   #214
Decoman
Frogman

Downloads: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob The Bastard View Post
I've already read elsewhere that the hydrophone wheel is controlled with the mouse wheel... but I notice that the adjacent volume control can be highlighted and rotated with the mouse wheel as well.
One can use the Home & End keys to rotate the listening device, just like using the mouse wheel.
Decoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-10, 05:06 AM   #215
ThinAir
Swabbie

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoochy View Post
Use your periscope to target certain parts of the ship. If your TDC Calculations are accurate, the bearing your are pointing is the information used for targeting.

Well, im using "connecting the dots" method, if i match them 100%, then torpedo seems to hit right in the middle of the boat, so i guess if i want to hit in front or back i should not connect dots 100%?

For example, i should probably connect half and half, with my dot being in front/ahead TO HIT THE FRONT, and my dot being half and half behind with boat's dot to hit the back of the boat. Sorry if my explanation is confusing, cant think of other words/explanation at a moment lol
ThinAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-10, 05:26 AM   #216
nikulin
Swabbie

Downloads: 31

How do I turn saves auto synchronization off? I lost all my saves today after synchronization. New compaign works well. Reinstall didnt help.
nikulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-10, 05:55 AM   #217
sergei
Sea Lord

Downloads: 405
Uploads: 29

When the launcher is loading, says logging on, click on the little cog wheel in the top right corner. It will give you the option of turning off online synchronization for save games.
Mind you, you still get the 'synchronizing with server' message at the main load screen, but as far as I can tell, it's not actually doing it.

Since turning this off
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikulin View Post
I lost all my saves today after synchronization.
this hasn't happened to me.

EDIT: Here's a pic

IMPORTANT: Once you turn online synchronization off, never ever ever turn it on again. If you do disaster will befall you and all will be lost.

Last edited by sergei; 03-21-10 at 06:40 AM.
sergei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-10, 12:17 PM   #218
nikulin
Swabbie

Downloads: 31

I disabled synch. The game crashes now I think, in that moment when the game tries to autosave...
nikulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-10, 12:58 PM   #219
UBoat_Paddy
Nub

Downloads: 15

Hey ppl,

Don't think this was answered already but correct me if it has.

How do you get the Flak gun crew to target aircraft? The Flak crew man the guns but just stand there as Hurricanes buzz the conning tower.

Help, please!
UBoat_Paddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-10, 05:57 PM   #220
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199

Tired of laying out multiple waypoints when plotting a course? Just set one in front of you and then grab that waypoint by left clicking on it with your mouse and hold down on the mouse button.

Now you can drag that waypoint to a different location when you need to change course and your sub will automatically change course to follow it. This makes for easy and quickly nav. through the ports and avoiding ships. Note that the more time compression you use the quicker you need to be moving your waypoint around.

If you have a number of them set and want to change up your plotted course you can do the same by holding any of them with your left mouse button and moving them to where you want them.
7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-10, 12:49 PM   #221
ThinAir
Swabbie

can somebody also help on how to destroy destroyers? they change directions a lot...
Old 03-22-10, 01:28 PM   #222
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Quote:
can somebody also help on how to destroy destroyers? they change directions a lot...
Simple! Don't.

The single best advantage over destroyers that you have is stealth. Use it. Don't waste your torpedoes on destroyers when they could be used against merchant shipping worth 7-10x the tonnage. You'll never win a gun duel with a destroyer either, so the best thing to do with destroyers is simply avoid them.

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-10, 02:32 PM   #223
ThinAir
Swabbie

well hunting merchants are easy so im getting bored, but yeah im playing on default level, and auto tdc, i guess i should start putting some more realistics, and start using manual tdc...
Old 03-22-10, 02:48 PM   #224
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Quote:
well hunting merchants are easy so im getting bored, but yeah im playing on default level, and auto tdc, i guess i should start putting some more realistics, and start using manual tdc...
Manual TDC is effortlessly easy, especially with map contact on. But it still "feels" like you're doing the work and will fail if you don't give it proper info. Nothing is better than waiting for a convoy, killing 4 ships as they sail past you, then submerging and evading destroyers because they have no idea where you are.

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-10, 03:04 PM   #225
SteamWake
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decoman View Post
One can use the Home & End keys to rotate the listening device, just like using the mouse wheel.
No fraid not in stock it was taken out. That did work in SH4 though.