SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-05-08, 11:02 PM   #1
Frame57
Sea Lord

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Calling in back up?

I get orders to intercept a task force heading to Portland. I figure I could use some help, so I call in back up. They show up and we decimate the task force. No ship survived. I get no completion awarded and radio in anyway and I get a message back saying to continue with the current mission. But the task force is in Davy Jones' locker. It was the right one too because that big goofy star that bounces across the screen kind of makes it tooo easy to locate. Any suggestions or is this just a bugaboo?
Frame57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-08, 12:41 AM   #2
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

well the problem is you dont get any credit unless you deliver the final kill shot to the ship. i once lost a carrier i crippled and chased down for two days (in game time) only to have a plane come out of nowhere and sink it before i lined up my kill shot. im pretty sure i used a few key words to "thank" him for helping me lol.

you didnt get a completed objective because "you" werent the one to finish off the key objective.

at least you got to see a nice battle
Old 06-06-08, 10:37 AM   #3
Frame57
Sea Lord

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Thanks for the info! I put 3 fish into the North Carolina, but it was while she was getting shelled by the Japanese (who I work for now) but I love these german boats. I feel like a cheap you know what. But yes it was a heck of a battle to watch from PD. All i needed was some popcorn.
Frame57 is offline   Reply With Quote