SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-05-13, 12:41 AM   #1
hocking
Sparky

Downloads: 156
Uploads: 0
Default Not getting credit for ships sunk in TMO 2.5/RSRD

Just got back from a patrol where I sunk 6 ships. However, I am only getting credit for 3 of these ships after docking back at port. I either torpedoed or shot with deck gun all 6 ships and then watched them sink in front of me in pretty short order. All ships sunk in immediate proximity to my boat. This happened once before on an earlier patrol where I did not get credit for 1 or 2 sinkings.

My mod order is:

1_TriggerMaru_Overahaul_2-5
RSRDC_TMO_V502
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
TMO_Alternate_JS_Radar_Performance
TGT DIALS TO PK FIX - TMO
SCAF for RSRDC v502_2.0
TheDarkWraith_DC_Water_Distrubance_v4_0_SH3
MaxOptics IV for TMO_2

Please let me know if my mods are out of order, or what may be causing this problem. Thanks.
hocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-13, 02:45 AM   #2
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by hocking View Post
Just got back from a patrol where I sunk 6 ships. However, I am only getting credit for 3 of these ships after docking back at port. I either torpedoed or shot with deck gun all 6 ships and then watched them sink in front of me in pretty short order. All ships sunk in immediate proximity to my boat. This happened once before on an earlier patrol where I did not get credit for 1 or 2 sinkings.

My mod order is:

1_TriggerMaru_Overahaul_2-5
RSRDC_TMO_V502
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
TMO_Alternate_JS_Radar_Performance
TGT DIALS TO PK FIX - TMO
SCAF for RSRDC v502_2.0
TheDarkWraith_DC_Water_Distrubance_v4_0_SH3
MaxOptics IV for TMO_2

Please let me know if my mods are out of order, or what may be causing this problem. Thanks.
Did you save and reload before going to port? This happens sometimes, its a bug and no idea why it does it.Also, there are times if you damage a ship and it sinks far enough away from you, you dont get credit for whatever reason
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-13, 08:48 AM   #3
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

In general if it sinks outside sensor range it didn't sink. Part of the improvement with SH4UBM was that traffic ceased to be real and became quantum traffic. Before you detected it, it both did and did not exist. If it passes back out of sensor range it's Schrodinger's Cat, neither real nor unreal, dead or undead. And you don't get credit for undead ships.

You must wait long enough to see the sunk ship icon on your map to get credit.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-13, 02:02 AM   #4
hocking
Sparky

The ships sunk within a few 1000 yards of me. I watched them sink, so it is not that they sunk out of sensor range at all. I do save my patrols from time to time and reload them. I guess I didn't do this right before entering port, but I did save the game at different times after sinking the ships. However, every time I reloaded the game I would see that all of the ships that I had sunk still appeared in my on-ship log book.

I never get ship sinking icons on my map as I have map updates turned off.

Any other ideas as to why this would happen?
Old 09-09-13, 01:49 AM   #5
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

So, what you're saying is that they are listed in ship's log as sunk, but not when you get back home?

About the sunken ship icons; I thought that those showed up whether or not you used the map updates.

I don't know what's causing your problems. Do you get the message from your crew, "she's goin' down.."?
TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-13, 08:26 AM   #6
hocking
Sparky

Yes, I do get the message that "she's going down..". I can also see the ship listed in my on-board log as well before getting back to port. It immediately gets listed right after seeing that the ship has gone down. I do not get the ship sinking icon on my map. I do have map updates turned off so I thought that was why I didn't get the ship sinking icons.

This has actually happened twice to me now. I think I have lost credit for about 5 or 6 ships that were sunk on two different patrols.
Old 09-11-13, 01:42 AM   #7
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

Based on what others have posted, I know that it's possible to get cheated out of tonnage because you have sunk the same ships more than once. [That is, having ships spawn again and re-sinking them.] I assume you have already discounted this possiblity. I can't think of anything else.
TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-13, 02:06 PM   #8
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Don't see a problem with the mods.

As stated, I've heard many complain this happens if you do a lot of saving. Just make sure if you save, use a different save name, don't overwrite the same one.

This bug does seem to happen more with contacts off, but still rare, happens to me a few times in years, always with contacts off.

Sometimes ships ghost, simply a previous sunk ship respawns, but it's not really there, you sink it, no credit at all. For instance, I sunk 6 in a convoy, leave the spawn zone they were in, come back, they're there, but only ghost, no credit for sinking.

Anyway, don't overwrite your saves, maybe that will help. If it happens all the time, sounds like a bugged file.

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-15, 05:20 PM   #9
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

i have experienced the same thing that Armistead describes. Ships are visible and i can expend ammo to sink them (both torpedos and cannon shells), they sink but never appear in my log and i do not receive credit. i am running stock 1.5 with no mods.

it was disappointing to discover but once i resolved the fact that it is n unexpected feature i can execute saves and work around it.

has anyone figured out a "real" fix?
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote