Uploads: 0

Just on the TV: Aggregateiq and brexit!
A canadian company
lmao

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...idge-analytica
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...roup-questions
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...-boy-of-brexit

Too late anyway, lies are facts now.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 03-19-19 at 04:34 PM.
Old 03-19-19, 03:54 PM   #9512
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Just a seed thought, "what if someone against UK departing from EU is being bribed to set up a road block or defend EU for money or even sexual favors"?
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 03-19-19, 04:04 PM   #9513
kraznyi_oktjabr
Sea Lord

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Just a seed thought, "what if someone against UK departing from EU is being bribed to set up a road block or defend EU for money or even sexual favors"?
As the Russia card is in fashion at these days: "What if Russia is exercising "divide and conquer" policy by bribing anti-EU inviduals to make sure Mrs. May's deal never goes through and the UK falls outside the EU without a deal? You known all those beautiful Russian girls..."

Could we stay in facts ("alternative" or actual) instead of conspiracy theories? I'm sure there are lot of people with various interest playing their own games, but its unlikely that our theories would ever match reality.
Old 03-19-19, 04:59 PM   #9514
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraznyi_oktjabr View Post
Could we stay in facts ("alternative" or actual) instead of conspiracy theories? I'm sure there are lot of people with various interest playing their own games, but its unlikely that our theories would ever match reality.
If someone gets caught before the final decision to stay or go it is no longer a theory.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 03-20-19, 06:09 AM   #9515
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

The bedlam within the party has just been turned up.

Quote:
Conservative MPs are orchestrating against a potential leadership campaign by Boris Johnson, with several talking of resigning the whip if he were to become party leader.

With Tories convinced that Theresa May’s days in No 10 are numbered, MPs are feverishly discussing who will seek to replace her, how organised the teams are and whether a general election would be necessary.

Johnson is the current favourite of Brexit-backing Tory activists, who will pick the leader out of a final two candidates. However, the former London mayor would first have to clear the hurdle of convincing Conservative MPs to put him on the final list of two.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...ignout#image=1

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 03-20-19, 06:57 AM   #9516
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

The parties all are a zoo. Question is whether the public would support" Johnson still? If the public has some sense of reason left - which is a big IF, I admit - then he must be a burnt name by now.
Old 03-20-19, 07:02 AM   #9517
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraznyi_oktjabr View Post
As the Russia card is in fashion at these days: "What if Russia is exercising "divide and conquer" policy by bribing anti-EU inviduals to make sure Mrs. May's deal never goes through and the UK falls outside the EU without a deal? You known all those beautiful Russian girls..."

The Russian support for Trump, Brexit, rightwingers across Europe, all is about divide et impera and driving a wedge between America and Europe indeed. They do not necessarily agree with these people'S and movements ideologies and views, but they are only useful idiots (Lenin). They use them to spread unrest and desintegration.

Its war without military means, plain and simple. The barrage of cyberattacks also must be seen in this ligth, it is not only abou economic espionage and military intel gathering, but about destabilization of social integrity of Western countries.

The reply to that nevertheless cna not just be to stop Brexit and enforce EU continental centralism and planned economy and paternalistically commanding people around for "their own better well-being".

The eU brought itself into this situation all by itself, needlessly, by just always wanting to be ever more and more. It has overstretched its frontlines of claims for what it wants to be. And by that it has rightfully earned plenty of antipathy and hostility.
Old 03-20-19, 07:08 AM   #9518
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

"Brexit, lies, and rich folk
The Leave campaign was built on lies, and as the UK hurtles toward the brink the liars who told them are laughing all the way to the bank."

"For Rees-Mogg and Farage the benefits that Brexit can deliver the ultra-rich is worth every lie they tell."

Lies, lies and more lies

quote Skybird:
Quote:
The eU brought itself into this situation all by itself, needlessly, by just always wanting to be ever more and more. It has overstretched its frontlines of claims for what it wants to be. And by that it has rightfully earned plenty of antipathy and hostility
I am not so sure here.
The EU bureaucrats' number altogether is a tenth of what the UK has.
Also the EU is not a state, nor has it a "government", instead it is all decided by the members' voting. Lobbying by all (including Germany)? Of course. Bureaucracy? Of course. Things going wrong, the EU wanting too much? Of course.

However it has not deserved the malignant attacks.
Especially not if those attacks come from those liars who are only interested in their own wealth and forthcoming, bribed by Russia, or trying to expand the US hegemony.

You want to see the EU go all down the drain. I don't. EU reforms have a priority, and it would have better been with the UK as advisors, but all in all the EU is much better than its reputation.

Last edited by Catfish; 03-20-19 at 08:03 AM.
Old 03-20-19, 07:51 AM   #9519
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Today's politicans are a bloody disgrace and repocent no one but themselves. The last two years has been like a lighthouse light shinning full on them for all too see and yet people will still go out and vote for these swine.

We need massive reforms that will shack the very bedrock Westminster sits on, we need to clean up Westminster and sweep away the deadwood that sits there. Don't fool yourself that this is a glitch in British politics and things will get better.

No they will not and it will get worst than this, sit back and watch the horror show unfold. Without change the rot at Westminster will only get worst.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 03-20-19, 08:16 AM   #9520
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

A 'Trump' take on the situation.

Quote:
The current deadlock over Brexit and possible delay to the UK's planned leaving date of 29 March suggests democracy in the UK is "all but dead", Donald Trump Jr has claimed.

Mr Trump Jr, who is the US president's son but holds no political position, wrote a column in the Daily Telegraph.

In it, he criticises PM Theresa May for having "ignored advice from my father".

Mr Trump Jr added that "the will of the people is likely to be ignored" because of "elite" politicians in Brussels.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47634365

Old 03-20-19, 09:15 AM   #9521
Skybird
Soaring

Since the collapse of the Warsaw Pact and German reunification, any reasonable American must indeed ask himself whether this pityful nuthouse show that the Europe versus EU showtrain has staged in the past 25 years is worth the hassle and heavy and military engagement. This "ally" does not strengthen the US, but weakens it, it is a burden, ans it is not seriously willing to be anything else than just this: a burden. And I do not demand a European position of vasallship here, but just ask for some own political and military potence of Europe.

I could and would not think bad of America if it would decide to cut ties with Europe and leave it to itself. If I were in a position to decide American foreign diplomacy and politics, I would go this way. This Europe as an ally is more a burden than anything positive. Some tax generation from eu companies producing in the US do not fundamentally change that, but are more of just a footnote. Trade may be great, but the sideeffects from having this arrangement with the European nuthouse are severe. And mean little positive for America. The arena America needs to care for, lies somwhere else.

I think it is just sentimentality about historic family roots that still causes American patience to be seen, nothing more. Especially the Germans seem to will to still rely on this, but I think it is a very risky fundament to bet your money on.

The way Brexit goes must raise hairs in the necks of people in Washington, with different reasons for Dems and Reps, but still...
Old 03-20-19, 09:53 AM   #9522
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^ Compared to the economical situation the US spends too much for the military, but this would still be true without Europe. The dollar as an international currency being paid for oil is what keeps the economy going. China is the competitor when it comes to gathering influence and challenging the US hegemony.

Old 03-20-19, 11:09 AM   #9523
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Stephen Hepburn: Sex harassment claims investigated by Labour
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-47641273
Back in the day before I retired this guy was an associate of mine

Old 03-20-19, 11:23 AM   #9524
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Tusk is currently being reported pf having said a short delay to Brexit is possible if Parliament accept Mays deal.

Old 03-20-19, 11:24 AM   #9525
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Tusk is currently being reported as having said a short delay to Brexit is possible if Parliament accept Mays deal.

Closed Thread

Tags
british, politics