SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-19-11, 07:46 PM   #421
Fish40
The Old Man

Downloads: 146
Uploads: 0

I'm sorry guys, I can't let this thread drift away into oblivion. I hope all is well with Tater. I'm still keeping the faith with this one
Fish40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-11, 02:55 AM   #422
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Heck, I would be happy with the skin package if possible.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-11, 03:23 AM   #423
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

This mod is desperately needed for RSRD esp, pleae complete if can.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-11, 11:19 AM   #424
tater
Navy Seal

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 2

Been way busy with RL lately and haven't pulled my head up long enough to work on it. When the "shimmer" appeared unfixable I got really frustrated. Heck, my PC in the "man cave" has not been booted up in nearly a year.

Right now the kids are "camping" downstairs since their section of the house is down to bare studs right now (they rock it this week, yeah!).

tater
Old 09-10-11, 11:26 AM   #425
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Tater, if you come back, what is the shimmer problem exactly, reflection on the water too bright? Is this happening with ships with stock skins or your new ships and skins?
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-11, 11:32 AM   #426
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109

Mate upload the mod in its current state somewhere as an alpha and let us try to fix it ... it would be a shame to let all that effort go wasted
Old 09-11-11, 08:28 PM   #427
Fish40
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
Mate upload the mod in its current state somewhere as an alpha and let us try to fix it ... it would be a shame to let all that effort go wasted

I second that! Glad everything is well Tater. Haven't heard from you in some time. Hope the renovations go smoothly. I know how that goes!
Old 09-12-11, 08:38 AM   #428
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Tateeeeeerrr

Don't dissapear again for a year
Old 09-16-11, 04:49 AM   #429
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Old 09-17-11, 02:58 AM   #430
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistead View Post
Tater, if you come back, what is the shimmer problem exactly, reflection on the water too bright? Is this happening with ships with stock skins or your new ships and skins?
It's an issue where when a ship takes damage you get what appears to be z-fighting going on, except as far as everyone can tell, it's not. I had a look and I couldn't track down what was causing it. Basically it looks like you have two models occupying the same space, so that you alternatively see one and then the other as the game can't decide which one to display and you get a strobing shimmering effect.
Old 09-28-11, 07:52 AM   #431
Fish40
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisgeis View Post
It's an issue where when a ship takes damage you get what appears to be z-fighting going on, except as far as everyone can tell, it's not. I had a look and I couldn't track down what was causing it. Basically it looks like you have two models occupying the same space, so that you alternatively see one and then the other as the game can't decide which one to display and you get a strobing shimmering effect.

How bad does it look?
Old 10-09-11, 03:56 AM   #432
stegotgame
Swabbie

Downloads: 46

So did this dude disappear again? lol. I just made an account on subsim the other day cas i got back into SH4 after a long break and was looking for some good mods. Was following this project from the first, original thread...reading through/following it for the past hour and just finished this last page where it seems like project has been abandoned. Why doesnt he just release / give what he has so far to someone else who has time to finish it? It seems like sooooo much time was spent on it...and for what? Finish it! Someone , please! hahaha
stegotgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-11, 03:25 PM   #433
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

I dream of the day we have a large variety of merchant ships to shoot at, ahhh.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-11, 07:03 PM   #434
White Owl
Loader

Downloads: 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisgeis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish40 View Post
How bad does it look?
I see an effect very much like what you describe here after I enabled the Merchant Skinpack mod. If it's the same issue, IMO it shouldn't be a serious enough issue to prevent using the mod. I still use that skinpack and just ignore the shimmering.

Believe me I understand the desire to get it perfect. But if the choice is between a slightly imperfect mod versus no mod at all...
"Ship?" he called. "Yup?" said the ship. "Do what I do." The ship thought about this for a few milliseconds and then, after double checking all the seals on its heavy duty bulkheads, it began slowly, inexorably, in the hazy blaze of its lights, to sink to the lowest depths.
White Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-11, 12:15 PM   #435
stegotgame
Swabbie

Downloads: 46

So im sorta noobish when it comes to mods. But do i need to have RFB or TM in order to use the original 2 versions of this mod from the first thread? Im trying to get the merchant skinpack...the 2nd version that has his skins ADDED to the campaign boats...not replacing them.

He says "Version 2 for TMO 1.9 (with or without RSRD)"

does this mean that i HAVE to have tmo 1.9 in order for it to work....or just that it is compatible with it IF i have it? lol.

sorry for the noobarific questions.
stegotgame is offline   Reply With Quote