SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-08-11, 08:03 PM   #391
wh1skea
Watch

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 0

Hopefully you get to feeling better tater. As for the mod, I'm subscribing to this thread. For me, aside from the Narwhal, its the most exciting mod I've seen for SH4. I wondered over a year ago why there weren't standard class freighters in the game.
wh1skea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-11, 08:30 PM   #392
tater
Navy Seal

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 2

Was feeling pretty good. I have to say, compared to some with pinched nerves, I have it pretty easy, the most pain I have had is just a tinge over tingling for the arms. The referred pain from the neck (shoulder blade area according to my neurosurgeon father in law) has been at most maybe a 4, the only trouble is difficulty sleeping. Not sleeping well for weeks on end is pretty distressing, but it ain't intractable pain.

Heck, I took then kids snowshoeing today, and felt pretty normal. I'll probably pay tonight, lol.
tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-11, 12:03 PM   #393
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Feel for ya tater, having a total of 6 back and neck operations. Still need another on my neck, but scar tissue is becoming an issue. My right arm is about worthless, move neck wrong way feels like I stuck my finger in an outlet, can't use it for more than a minute and painful.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-11, 12:33 PM   #394
Fish40
The Old Man

Downloads: 146

Tater, I wish you the best of luck Bud! A friend of mine had the fusion surgery a few years ago, and at the present time he's fileing for disability because he simply can't work anymore. He's a carpenter by trade, and the years of humping sheetrock ect. got the best of him. There are times when he's in pain just sitting too long in the car. As for my sorry ass, I found out the cause of the slight numbness in my hand, and tingles in my neck and shoulders is from carpal tunnel syndrome, and a herniated disk. So much for being a Blue Collar worker. Once again, best of luck my friend.
Fish40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-11, 01:22 PM   #395
tater
Navy Seal

Ugh, that sucks. I'd prefer to hear about people who had tingling, and it got better

I shouldn't complain, mine right now is pretty minor, but it seems like it is just a matter of time before it gets worse. there are some minimally invasive techniques for disks that are not too far gone—literally ambulatory procedures where you go in the AM, and walk out ready to roll in the afternoon. I will likely avail myself of that before I think about something more profound.
Old 01-17-11, 01:41 PM   #396
Fish40
The Old Man

I hear ya bro. I think any doctor that's in a rush to cut you open ( unless of course it's absolutly the only option) needs to be thought long and hard about. I know a few that don't hesitate about pulling out the scalpal. When that's the case, it's time for a second opinion. On the other hand, there are doctor's like the one my wife sees, that will do everything in his power to keep you out of the OR, and off medications if possible.
Old 01-17-11, 03:58 PM   #397
tater
Navy Seal

I'm gonna see one to get set up for non-surgical options (physical therapy, etc). He said flat out that the last thing I want is spine surgery—and that is all he does. I agree completely. It'll have to get bad before I think about it unless there are really good less-invasive options to consider.
Old 01-17-11, 06:56 PM   #398
Budds
Bosun

Downloads: 236

My story went like this........

Thought I had pulled a ham-string, but after a year and a half it crept into my buttock and my wife convinced me it was more than a "pull' or "strain".... so trip to the Doc.

L-5... bulging pretty bad....
Neuro Guy says... "Only YOU will know when you need surgery... and then you'll beg for it!"
Tried all the therapy.... no help.....

Another year goes by.... its crept into my lower back... legs going numb... cant drive but about the line of sight before I have to lay down for ever increasing periods before I can move again...UGH !

He was right...... I begged for it !!!!
Disc had fractured and desenigrated..... remove frags..... fuse vertibraes...
Near 15 years later and not so much as a follow up visit after Post Surgery Therapy.... Its Been Great !
Yes I still over-due and feel "Reminders" that I should mind the "Rules".... Ya cold/rainy days can be "Stiff"... but the pain I once felt Has yet to return... knock on wood.

Pray for you my Brother !
( Thought a Real Life "Up-Lifter" was in order.... all accounts TRUE ! )

Be Well .........
Budds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-11, 12:53 PM   #399
HMCS
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 186

Is this on the "back" burner then?

Mods Loaded:TMO 2.2, RSRDC, MaxOptics, Strategic Map Symbols, Stop The Shouting
OR:
RFB, RSRDC, Maxoptics, SCAF, Strategic Map Symbols and the sanity-saving "stop the shouting".
HMCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-11, 05:10 PM   #400
tater
Navy Seal

Unless I get off my ass and put it in a form y'all can use. Right now my working copy is for RFB.

Sergei was working on his working copy which was TM. I've not heard from him in a while. Doing it alone is less fun that as a team, when we were both plugging away it had momentum.
Old 02-06-11, 10:19 AM   #401
Fish40
The Old Man

Heck, a RFB version works for me!
Old 02-06-11, 11:57 AM   #402
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109

Tater, what is exactly left right now, before a Beta or Alpha for RFB can be released?
Old 02-07-11, 11:53 AM   #403
tater
Navy Seal

I have a working RFB version. For TMO I need to import all the new models into the dats (that's fairly easy), then make sure my "extra" stuff, like properly adding the right guns and platforms is done (not hard given my templates to check the positions, but very time consuming).

On the plus side my physiatrist looked at my neck MRI and was a bit baffled since the findings are so minor. He gave me neck exercises which hurt a little after I do them, but all in all I fell pretty OK. maybe I'll be able to sit in front of the computer again without feeling like crap soon.

I'll boot up the PC tonight and see what I have.
Old 02-07-11, 01:03 PM   #404
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109

Please consider releasing that RFB version as an open Alpha. If you feel right now too bad to check it, send it to me per PM and I will check it and see if it works well enough before release.
Old 02-07-11, 01:10 PM   #405
tater
Navy Seal

Yeah, I'd be happy to release the RFB version ASAP as alpha.

Maybe someone smarter than me can solve the "shimmer" z-sorting issue.