SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-08-08, 11:39 AM   #166
iricund
Seaman

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

I'm not sure if this falls under the whole crew on deck underwater 'bug', but it seems that my crew are loading our reserve external torpedoes whilst submerged also. Apologies if this has been noted earlier.

Haven't extensively tested it but it may only be in cases where the loading was initially started on the surface, then carried on after submerging for a pesky search plane as this was the case when I noticed it. The loading was going on still ten minutes later at 60m.
iricund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-08, 11:41 AM   #167
MONOLITH
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by iricund
The loading was going on still ten minutes later at 60m.

That's the "Dedicated Crew" special ability. :rotfl:
Old 03-08-08, 12:29 PM   #168
MONOLITH
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONOLITH
but I think the 1.5 patch/add-on broke Anti-aliasing.

UPDATE.

I just tried again. This is 6X AA, temporal AA on, and Adaptive AA on high.

It's not working. ATI 8.3 drivers. I do take a frame rate hit as if it's 'trying' to work, but look at this pic, it's definately not.

Can anyone else with ATI check theirs and see?

Please and Thank you.

Old 03-08-08, 01:44 PM   #169
LukeFF
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 5

Missing textures in the conning tower of the Type IX (haven't checked if it's a problem with the XVIII as well). Also note the tube status lights are white instead of green:

ROW Sound Effects Contributor
RFB Team Leader
LukeFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-08, 02:00 PM   #170
StevenLohr
Watch

Downloads: 215
Default UBoat Mod doesn't recognize SH4 installation

I own SH4, and have it installed on my computer in Program/Games/SH4. Apparently, the automatic install for the UBoat missions doesn't recognize this, and aborts the installation. The install program doesn't give the option of manually directing the program to the correct program game path. If anyone has any suggestions on how to correct this, I would appreciate it. I've already fired off an email to ubisoft, but given its the weekend, I won't hear back until Monday
StevenLohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-08, 02:15 PM   #171
Maat
Watch

Downloads: 25

Miss the eyes of some crew members.

Ich bin weg....
Maat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-08, 03:34 PM   #172
LukeFF
Silent Hunter

Don't know why the devs coded it like this, but...

...the highest officer rank the crew can achieve is Leutnant zur See. This is obviously incorrect, as many an officer below the CO on U-boats held the rank of Oberleutnant zur See. It can be modded to allow crewmen to be promoted to Oberleutnant, but then the crew portrait is that of the Seaman ranks, and there is no rank insginia present for the rank.

RFB Team Leader
Old 03-09-08, 12:29 AM   #173
LukeFF
Silent Hunter

Couple of issues with the interiors:
  • In both the XVIII and the IXD2, the clock in the sonar room does not work, nor does it make a ticking sound.
  • Clock in the radio room does not make a ticking sound.
  • Type XVIII TDC, in the control room - there are misaligned indicator needles:
  • Also in the XVIII, the observation periscope comes up through the floor:
  • And lastly, in both the IXD2 and XVIII, one of the two dive plane indicator needles is backwards (left one is the likely culprit):

RFB Team Leader
Old 03-09-08, 02:39 AM   #174
Captain von Keldunk
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 21
StevenLohr If you have Vista

Hello StevenLohr
If you have Vista, install sh4 to C: Ubisoft/sh4
Not in "Program"
Old 03-09-08, 06:16 AM   #175
basilio
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 15

Quote:
Quote:
but I think the 1.5 patch/add-on broke Anti-aliasing.

UPDATE.

I just tried again. This is 6X AA, temporal AA on, and Adaptive AA on high.

It's not working. ATI 8.3 drivers. I do take a frame rate hit as if it's 'trying' to work, but look at this pic, it's definately not.

Can anyone else with ATI check theirs and see?

Please and Thank you.

I have an ATI x1950 pro with 512 RAM and I have no problems with AA in the expansion, but I'm using the 7.6 drivers, not the last 8.3.
To be sure, launch the game, pause it, then go back to desktop with alt-tab.
Now, with the game still running in background, launch the CCC and then close it.
Go back to game.
I had the same issue (AA seemed not working) but then I solved the problem following the above procedure.
A second solution is to create, from CCC, a profile for SHIV.
Hope it helps!
basilio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-08, 07:18 AM   #176
Erich Topp
A-ganger

U-boat Addon gave me some real fun, and I don't miss my 10$)) But this is not a simulator. It's closer to Enigma Rising Tide I guess. Picking hydrophone contacts on flank speed (21 kts for IXD2.. nice diesels!) from 20-25 km is like radar-sonar device in ERT. GHG set has also Balkongerat included (on the model). So there's no reason actually to upgrade - you will lose upwater detection "ability"))

Also I noticed some bug, maybe it's already spoken in this thread - my IXD2 dived to 280 (!) meters without any problems. On 290 meters 3% of hull were gone, than all became quiet again)) I believe if germans could have such an uberboat in 1943, they can win a battle of atlantic))

PS: 400 000 tons of shipping per 3 patrols, including two Battleships and one carrier. Realism settings - only with external view turned on.

PPS: I also wonder, why supply tanker have so many torpedoes to refit me)) I did it few times per one mission. But I really like new concept of "send status - receive new objective" mission.

I love SH4 more now, but this is not a simulator more)) Until some things aren't fixed. Now it's modders turn!
Erich Topp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-08, 12:41 PM   #177
LukeFF
Silent Hunter

Flag on the Taiho carrier is mis-aligned:

RFB Team Leader
Old 03-10-08, 01:35 PM   #178
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erich Topp
U-boat Addon gave me some real fun, and I don't miss my 10$)) But this is not a simulator. It's closer to Enigma Rising Tide I guess. Picking hydrophone contacts on flank speed (21 kts for IXD2.. nice diesels!) from 20-25 km is like radar-sonar device in ERT. GHG set has also Balkongerat included (on the model). So there's no reason actually to upgrade - you will lose upwater detection "ability"))

Also I noticed some bug, maybe it's already spoken in this thread - my IXD2 dived to 280 (!) meters without any problems. On 290 meters 3% of hull were gone, than all became quiet again)) I believe if germans could have such an uberboat in 1943, they can win a battle of atlantic))

PS: 400 000 tons of shipping per 3 patrols, including two Battleships and one carrier. Realism settings - only with external view turned on.

PPS: I also wonder, why supply tanker have so many torpedoes to refit me)) I did it few times per one mission. But I really like new concept of "send status - receive new objective" mission.

I love SH4 more now, but this is not a simulator more)) Until some things aren't fixed. Now it's modders turn!
I think it's just cause we're so used to the modded SH3/4 now

I don't think it's so much a bug, just the way the game was originally designed. But modders should be near!

I did have similar thoughts cross my mind when after 3 patrols with almost 100,000t (and I play using rather realistic procedures instead of exploiting every trick in the book) on a IXD2 in 1943, I went and started a career with an American sub using a modded Trigger Maru + RSRDC with "hardcore" torpedoes and got 12,000t in the same 3 patrols

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-08, 06:23 PM   #179
LukeFF
Silent Hunter

Medium Modern Passenger/Freighter crew nodes aren't aligned correctly:

RFB Team Leader
Old 03-10-08, 06:36 PM   #180
iricund
Seaman

Downloads: 5

"Crew" nodes seem out on a lot of things. I see troops and dockworkers go out for jaunts across harbours Jesus style, not just on shipping.

There seem to be an awful lot of random ship collisions and ships miraculously spawning up mountains/ashore than I remember from before I started to play modded - that may just be me though. I pretty much jumped straight into a TM+RSRD setup a day or two after buying the stock game.
iricund is offline   Reply With Quote