SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > Sub Command, Fleet Command, & Jane's 688(I)
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-26-15, 08:08 AM   #1
nquantum
Swabbie

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Default those aircraft kick my ass!!! How to avoid them?

I play subcommand mission 'HABOR SHOOT-OUT' on Seawolf.

Basic is to sink Russia ship that prepare to leave. Even they (around 7-8 ships) no move at initial but quite hard coz they r so near and very hard to assign target. What I do is ... okay I'll tell later but let say I can sink them 2-3 in 1st attack. Then I try to play hind & seek to them. The real problem is..

Those aircraft patrol IL38 and TU142 seem to easily find me! After 1st attack I'm sure I keep so quiet, even I'm 300feet depth , 3knot. Maybe because I fire torpedo some time later reveal my position. (I show truth sometime coz I wanna know how they find me also replay)

So question is how I do? Can I shoot them down? Or how to avoid/hind but still can sink those 5-6 ships left?
Since those air patrol some how found me and keep drop torpedo. And if I can escape 1 torpedo then ... soon another 1 some time I lucky evade 2 times but die in 3rd time! Coz I save @sometime and try to do torpedo evasion u know... imagine "torpedo in water..." lucky I escape! , another "torpedo in water!..." AGAIN!??? okay lucky I can escape again! then ... "torpedo..." WTF! then I'm die.
nquantum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-15, 10:30 AM   #2
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

Yeah, this mission is difficult. I imagine it is quite hard to sink all of the ships and escape with your life. I would just sink as many as you can on the first salvo and then get out of there. It's better than nothing.

An easy way to triangulate their positions is to mark a few active intercepts on each. Since they're not moving before you fire, their position is where the lines-of-bearing intersect in the TMA.

The airplanes are detecting you with MAD, I'm assuming. A submarine is a large enough piece of steel to create a measurable disturbance in Earth's magnetic field, so that's how the MAD works. Dive really deep (>500 ft) to try and avoid it. Although, I think it's really just the AI being able to *cheat* to keep up with the humans. You can shoot them down in Dangerous Waters but not in Sub Command.

Shameless Plug: I've played through this mission on my YouTube channel, you can check out those videos if you wish to see my thought processes.

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-15, 12:47 PM   #3
nquantum
Swabbie

thank! I'll try again an again.... (many time already before I posted )
I've saw some of your clips already. Get some torpedo yourself also huh! hahaha! I'll update result soon!
Old 07-26-15, 11:17 PM   #4
nquantum
Swabbie

@FPSchazly in your clips , u can assign contact from narrow band by clicp 'assign contact…'

But I can't. Actually I never can do it. How can u do it? Mine is steam version. Maybe it but that not yet patch?
Now when I want to assign contact in narrow band I just click broad band (curser track same position) then click assign , that is my work around.

Any better idea?
Oh seem like u love to scroll for contact in narrow band to find contact huh. My favourite is to broad band and watch down-windows for trace , or ITA windows since it show in more dense before STA up-windows.

What u think? What is benefit of scrolling narrow band over ITA windows?
Old 07-27-15, 06:24 AM   #5
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

You see contacts in the narrowband before you see them in the broadband. If you want to classify a contact in the narrow band, you need to put a cursor on a specific frequency in the frequency spectrum window, otherwise, the narrowband has nothing to actually 'mark'.

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote