SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-30-09, 11:43 AM   #196
EgoApocalypse
Lieutenant

Location: The system might fail you. But dont fail youself...................
Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0

NICE.

EgoApocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-09, 02:59 PM   #197
Nicolai
Watch

Downloads: 63
?

What is the difference between PE4 and RE? is there any? and if so, should I take RE or keep PE4?

Thanks

Nikolai
Nicolai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-09, 06:03 PM   #198
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172

Real Environmental is the improved version of all the previous Environmental mods , unfortunately I think is not yet full perfect
Old 07-08-09, 12:01 PM   #199
REIS
Watch

Downloads: 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokolov View Post
Really great job, guys, the best graphic mod for SH4, i think, for this moment. Water, oh, that's water... Just one thing, the water too blue, in reality water looks not so colored, not how on picture
Ou the creators of this is demigods maby, but water maan water is almost purple? Purple - light blue water? The original color was more realistic. Please tell me how to fix it???

regerds
REIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-09, 11:47 AM   #200
billko
中国水兵

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by REIS View Post
Ou the creators of this is demigods maby, but water maan water is almost purple? Purple - light blue water? The original color was more realistic. Please tell me how to fix it???

regerds
Actually, the water color is fairly accurate (accounting for all sorts of local deviations) if you've ever been to the South Pacific.

What was included in SH4 looks like water from a more temperate climate like the North Altlantic or maybe the North Pacific.

http://www.fotosearch.com/photos-ima...fic-ocean.html

Bill
Old 07-11-09, 06:42 AM   #201
Nicolai
Watch

Downloads: 63
PE4+Real environment mod?

Real environment is great, but some things i like more about PE4, can I use the two together, and if so in what order?

thanks
Nicolai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-09, 04:24 PM   #202
Kapt.Klaus
Loader

Downloads: 57
Default HELP - Camera Out of Sectors

Everytime I click on the Helmsman I get "Camera out of Sectors". I downloaded "Silent Editor" and I compared the camera.dat to the original and for the life of me can not figure out where to edit. I did edit helmsman's dummy node. But that did not do anything.

So, where do I go to fix this or where can I down load a fixed verision.
I like roaming around the ship, there is a lot of "Eye Candy" that is missed with out this option.

Thanks.
Kapt.Klaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-09, 05:53 AM   #203
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151

This looks better than I have imagined. The color and transparency are almost perfect. Even if I'd know how to change them, I wouldn't know to what. Those trails that remain when you submerge are actually a simple fix. When you dive, simply go all stop then back to your original setting. So, for example I press "P" "~" "2" in rapid succesion. The trails dissapear 10 seconds after you reach periscope depth.
karamazovnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-09, 06:11 AM   #204
tonschk
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamazovnew View Post
Those trails that remain when you submerge are actually a simple fix. When you dive, simply go all stop then back to your original setting. So, for example I press "P" "~" "2" in rapid succesion. The trails dissapear 10 seconds after you reach periscope depth.
Hello , if you are speaking about this trails , I think must be possible to tweak the files of this SH4 game to fix this bug problem , this bug is ugly

Old 07-15-09, 06:19 AM   #205
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151

Yes, those. I don't even use external camera so I almost never notice them. But even so, as I said, if you see them, quickly stop engines and back to the previous setting again. You don't even need to wait for the command confirmation.
karamazovnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-09, 07:03 AM   #206
tonschk
Admiral

Thank you, for the suggestion , I still believe this is a matter of tweak or adjust some files somewhere in the code to get a properly fixed bug
Old 07-21-09, 09:14 AM   #207
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Hey, we've had discussion (fight?) after discussion (argument?) about the correct color of water. Well, I stumbled into a scientific article on exactly that, along with an easily replicated experiment so you can demonstrate its truth: there IS an intrinsic correct color for water. No, it isn't purple!

The color of water. It's a fascinating read. I'll post this in the other environmental mod thread too.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-09, 12:48 PM   #208
Piggy
Ensign

Downloads: 147

Will this mod work with TMO, if just installing the #1 mod? And when I say work I mean does it conflict with anything, like detection range etc.

As I understand it some environmental mods can unbalance other supermods because of sensors etc...
Piggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-09, 06:36 AM   #209
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

I have no problem with it. I don't think Ducimas has stamped his approval on it, but more do to lack of time. I'm no pro modder yet, but I see no conflicts with sensors, ect, nor do I think any changes in water conditions effect TMO in any way. The DD's seem mean as ever.

TMO uses Env 5 anyway which is still rather close. Ducimas did makes some env changes somewhat close to real env with TMO 1.8. I think in his mind it was so close that he didn't see the need to deal with Real Env and his time is limited to test every aspect of it.

There are many mods that work with the supermods like TMO. It comes down to you have to trust the ones that make them and test them if they say they work with TMO.

Just because they don't stamp there approval, it just says rely on the mod maker and blame him if something goes wrong, because they can't test every mod that someone makes and claims will work with their mods. However, we have many good modders that do a good job and I've found most the time someone says something works with TMO, it usually does.

You basically have to learn to look at certain conflicts that mess with cfg. files, sensors, things like that.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-09, 12:25 AM   #210
FADM Gryphon
Lieutenant

Downloads: 97
Uploads: 1

Okay maybe I am being a moron at the moment but where is the link for this mod?

Home of the Unorthodox Naval Shipyard
FADM Gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote