SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-30-06, 11:12 AM   #46
timetraveller
Beach Leaf

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Default New Skins Available Here

Guys,

A cartload of new skins for the current Pacific Storm retail are available on the PS Mods modding site, compliments of KiloAlpha4.

http://psmods.hub.io/

See the D/L link at the top of the main page.

Ships, aircraft, and map objects, including

-buildings
-roads
-runways
-launchers
-craters
-aa mg's etc

Check 'em out!

TT
timetraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-06, 08:38 AM   #47
KiloAlpha4
Loader

Downloads: 0

lol there will be more then skins but alot of reskinning/graphic upgrades for the game were done.

Last edited by KiloAlpha4; 10-31-06 at 08:41 AM.
KiloAlpha4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-06, 05:55 AM   #48
Hunter
Commander

Downloads: 166

Actually, there are 11 new mods by PS MODS team the full list is availible at www.pacificstorm.net too, as I has posted the announcement to our homepage.

Last edited by Hunter; 11-01-06 at 05:58 AM.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-06, 07:00 AM   #49
KiloAlpha4
Loader

thank ya kindly Hunter. You can view more details at the pacificstorm.net forums or our PS MODS forum. More mods to come so stay tuned

Last edited by KiloAlpha4; 11-01-06 at 07:07 AM.
Old 11-01-06, 05:14 PM   #50
Sonarman
The Old Man

Downloads: 79

A new short preview of PSA is availabe over at PC Gamezone:

http://pc.gamezone.com/gzreviews/p29323.htm
Sonarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-06, 06:52 PM   #51
KiloAlpha4
Loader

excellent...thanks for the heads up

Last edited by KiloAlpha4; 11-01-06 at 06:57 PM.
Old 11-02-06, 04:40 AM   #52
Sonarman
The Old Man

Thanks Kilo, Another preview, this time at IGN:
http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/743/743187p1.html
Old 11-02-06, 06:49 AM   #53
KiloAlpha4
Loader

thanks again for posting. add on is looking great !
Old 11-02-06, 10:52 AM   #54
Sonarman
The Old Man

We in the UK are still waiting for GMX to release the first installment, I assume they are holding release back until they get the future patch incorporated.

Hopefully GMX will treat Buka/Lesta a bit better than they treated Tesseraction with Enigma RT. And hopefully we will get a printed manual with the game and not have to go through the fiasco of the Battle Of Britain II GMX release again.
Old 11-02-06, 04:22 PM   #55
KiloAlpha4
Loader

you could do like alot of U.K. peeps are doing and order it from the U.S. or that U.K. company on ebay selling north american copies or just order it yourself online. At least you'd have a MUCH shorter wait time and guarenteed 160 page manual It's 30 pounds through those ebay dudes in the U.K. for it. Personally I'd see which was was cheaper and if getting it from The U.S. was cheaper including the exchange rates,shipping etc that's the way I'd go. Beats waiting until who knows when for the GMX release

Quote:
Hopefully GMX will treat Buka/Lesta a bit better than they treated Tesseraction with Enigma RT. And hopefully we will get a printed manual with the game and not have to go through the fiasco of the Battle Of Britain II GMX release again.
I don't think a little game distributor like GMX would be dumb enough to mess with Buka Entertainment and Lesta Studios. I mean they're not Electronic Arts

Last edited by KiloAlpha4; 11-02-06 at 04:35 PM.
Old 11-02-06, 07:46 PM   #56
Sonarman
The Old Man

Hi Kilo
Yes importing might be the best idea, I ordered 1914 Shells of Fury from Germany last week and it arrived within two days, faster than much of the UK's own internal mail.

A 160 page manual would be nice, very rare these days, harkens back to the old "War and Peace" sized manuals from Microprose! I see the lucky people of Germany got a nice ship chart as well.

Thanks for all your hard work on the mods I look forward to trying them out as soon as I get the game.
Old 11-03-06, 03:14 AM   #57
KiloAlpha4
Loader

hey no prob I hope you will be able to join the struggle in the Pacific soon I imported mine from the U.S. to get it quicker and it cost me $ 76.36 at the door with exchange, duty and all that usual tax bliss ( free trade my butt ) but the game is worth every penny as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited by KiloAlpha4; 11-03-06 at 04:02 AM.
Old 11-04-06, 06:07 AM   #58
Tikigod
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 28

This game is excellent....as far as the idea and depth of simulating "the entire war machine"....every level from production line to the front line has been addressed...as well as the importance of winning the battle of just fumbling around with logistics (which I have yet to master).

and finally... someone made a game where all objects in a 3-d environment actually have a strategic value...and aren't there just for looks....I actually cry now when I lose something in battle....

I agree with most comments people have been posting...that this game definately has alot of potential.....but, its best to hold off rushing out and killing yourself to get a copy.....until a patch is released. otherwise you will just get frustrated with the current state it is in.

These are some of the current issues that need to be addressed:

1. CTD's when being killed while using joystick in flight.

2. A.I. Oil resupply issue. (forcing you to manually micro-manage all your fuel resupply requests.) this can be overwhelming with large fleets and territories.

3. Quarky RTS behavior

-pathfinding that makes you go hmmmmmmmmmmm.....

-planes drop bombs prematurely after ordering to attack enemy cruiser..this may be inexperience of pilots/lack of training on my part....or signs of fear from green pilots....not sure if it is bug...then again I asked a group of PBY's and SBD's to attack a battle cruiser shooting everything it had at our runway.

-In a seperate mission I had a heavy bomber squadron bomb a target area and retreat only to be pulled back into battle by two fighters before they could return to base...when I went back into battle manually....the fuel state and damage was the same for all my bombers as it was just before retreating the battle area.... but, amazingly they were resupplied between battle event/screens with a new bomb load in midflight...so if I wanted I could have gone back to target area and bombed more targets......this is a continuity bug with bomb loadouts while inflight when forced to engage in multiple battles.

4. User Interface/Navigation is HORRID..whomever designed it....tried too hard to make simple things complicated.

5. Load times seem a little long...game saves alone may take 1-2 minutes...and are done automatically on top of the normal loading screens that happend between battles...adding an additional 1-2 minutes to load.....so its like waiting for Silent Hunter 3 to load 2-3 times each time you want to jump between tactical to strategic level.

6. Battle Event Spamming- if you are in a fast time compression and you are being continously attacked by enemy...you kinda get bombarded with battle messages...each battle message you resolve (whether you decide to fight manually or automatic) forces you immediately into the next message...because the system in its current state won't give you time to push the time compression back to 1x again. The only way to currently resolve this is by pressing the radio button each time on the battle message itself that allows you to pause the game after the battle results...they need to make this a default behavior (to either pause or go to 1x compression when you exit the message instead of an option you have to keep pressing)....again this is an example of additional things added to the interface that make a simple concept more complicated than it needs to be. The interface is definately not smooth flowing like a game of this complexity should be.

but, overall its a great game if you are into very complex multi-level strategy game that requires both micro and macro managing at all levels.

I am looking forward to seeing future developments in this product.

Now, if I can only remember where I shipped that atomic bomb too...hmmmm...

Last edited by Tikigod; 11-04-06 at 06:21 AM.
Tikigod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-06, 03:01 PM   #59
KiloAlpha4
Loader

Quote:
2. A.I. Oil resupply issue. (forcing you to manually micro-manage all your fuel resupply requests.) this can be overwhelming with large fleets and territories.
actually it works good IF you have enough or more supply for the demand. then the AI ships oil to the other bases and actually will put 40000+ oil in them even if you don't order it manually. You need enough transports for this also.

Quote:
planes drop bombs prematurely after ordering to attack enemy cruiser..this may be inexperience of pilots/lack of training on my part....or signs of fear from green pilots....not sure if it is bug.
random bug though I haven't had it yet happen to me except for in the demo

Quote:
Load times seem a little long...game saves alone may take 1-2 minutes...and are done automatically on top of the normal loading screens that happend between battles...adding an additional 1-2 minutes to load.....so its like waiting for Silent Hunter 3 to load 2-3 times each time you want to jump between tactical to strategic level.
seems to depend on the individual system, my load times are 30 seconds to 1 minute max for big load ( late war ) /save times 15 to 20 seconds max approx late war.

Quote:
Now, if I can only remember where I shipped that atomic bomb too...hmmmm...
lol there is one prob with that in which transports may drop off loaded weapons etc if they load fuel etc at another base. For this generally check out the heavy resource producing cities.

Last edited by KiloAlpha4; 11-05-06 at 05:56 AM.
Old 11-05-06, 12:35 PM   #60
What A?
A-ganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikigod
you are being continously attacked by enemy...
Really? That's real good to hear becuse I was afraid that it only would be two or three major battles and the rest should be a walk in the park.

I hope the enemy will give me a real fight!

Last edited by What A?; 11-05-06 at 12:37 PM.
What A? is offline   Reply With Quote