Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-19-09, 12:06 PM   #61
Iron Budokan
Sea Lord

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambecomelife View Post
Also, over time craftsmanship in general shoud deteriorate. By 1945 sabotage, air raids, & loss of craftsmen should mean that parts are less sturdy & random failures are more likely to occur.
I like this idea a lot.

http://kennethmarkhoover.com
Iron Budokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-09, 12:12 PM   #62
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151

Wait what?! In SH3 with GWX we have to wait till 43 to get good eels, and now you want them to be bad again after 44?! Sabotage and malfunctions are ok, should be imediately implemented, and it would be nice to have random malfunctions during patrols to keep the CE busy. But at least let the WO inspect the torpedoes and "repair" them during the patrol.
karamazovnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-09, 02:28 PM   #63
gutted
The Old Man

Downloads: 470
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamazovnew View Post
Not the entire crew, but believe me, your navigator will hate you... The poor guy isn't just clicking on a map like you do
As long as the morale system is smartly hidden away, it will add a lot to immersion. In case you push them to the limit, they won't revolt but you won't feel very proud of yourself either.
but thats his job to plot courses. its what he was trained to do.. it's what he's good at. evrery man on the boat has their job.. why would he get upset for doing his job?

i mean... its his job!! lol

morale imo, should have more to do with:
1. rest (or lack of)
2. combat action (or lack of) & it's success/failure
3. the length of the cruise (.ie longing for port)

the longer you go without contact, the more agitated the crew will become. sink some stuff and everybody's happy. get DC'd and everyone should be shaken up for awhile. have all your torpedo's miss, and the crew will be let down. you know.. things that would affect real people.

time of year could play a small part as well due to holiday. crew might get abit home sick on the cruise around christmas time.

but to have morale go down for just doing what your supposed to do is kinda silly.
gutted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-09, 05:32 PM   #64
Rapt0r56
Commodore

Downloads: 391

"So, if you want to get the torpedoes ready for firing, you talk to your exec and he'll pass it along to the torpedo team. If you want to overcharge the diesel engines, you head aft and tell the chief engineer. If you want to check sensor status, you'll need to talk to your watch officer."...

I want to play this Demo Now!!!
“The sea is everything. It covers seven tenths of the terrestrial globe. Its breath is pure and healthy. It is an immense desert, where man is never lonely, for he feels life stirring on all sides. The sea is only the embodiment of a supernatural and wonderful existence. It is nothing but love and emotion; it is the Living Infinite. ” ― Jules Verne, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under The Sea
My modifications for Ubisoft's SHIII can currently be found in Maik's comprehensive archives found via the Silent Hunter 3 Tab on his website: https://maikhaas.synology.me/joomla/index.php?lang=de/
Rapt0r56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-09, 07:20 PM   #65
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutted View Post
evrery man on the boat has their job.. why would he get upset for doing his job?
In the movie Run Silent Run Deep, the captain continuously ordered dive drills. It annoyed the crew so much that they considered mutiny. Untill almost the very end of the movie, they continued to hate him. The game doesn't punish you because you give orders, but the game's mechanics punish you if you are completely undecided... go here, no wait, go there, no wait again, go back, no forward, unload that tube, no wait, load the other one.. that would annoy any crew. I too raised my eyebrow when i first heard about the new renown system. But after a bit of thought I'm sure it will play just great. And remember, renown and fatigue have always been easily moddable. If you don't like them, you can mod them
karamazovnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-09, 11:23 PM   #66
Rapt0r56
Commodore

Downloads: 391

I want sitting with my Officers on the Buck, and drink U-Boot Spezial Cocktail
“The sea is everything. It covers seven tenths of the terrestrial globe. Its breath is pure and healthy. It is an immense desert, where man is never lonely, for he feels life stirring on all sides. The sea is only the embodiment of a supernatural and wonderful existence. It is nothing but love and emotion; it is the Living Infinite. ” ― Jules Verne, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under The Sea
My modifications for Ubisoft's SHIII can currently be found in Maik's comprehensive archives found via the Silent Hunter 3 Tab on his website: https://maikhaas.synology.me/joomla/index.php?lang=de/
Rapt0r56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-09, 12:59 PM   #67
kptn_kaiserhof
XO

Downloads: 42

i will drink to that (raising a toast)
kptn_kaiserhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-09, 01:46 PM   #68
Uber Gruber
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

The more I hear about SH5 the more I realise it will be a 'game' and not a 'simulation'. Oh well, I suppose the devs never said it was a sim so I shouldn't be disapointed.

Eeking a few extra knots lowers crew morale indeed! How about it plays havoc with yer fuel consumption and, as previously suggested, increases failure chance for all related components.

Lets just hope the end result can be better modded than hardcoded SH3 and SH4 - it's an inexcusable coding practise anyway.
Old 09-26-09, 04:47 PM   #69
maerean_m
Captain

Downloads: 0

Or, just maybe, you'll find yourself playing Silent Hunter 5 until dawn.
Old 09-26-09, 05:10 PM   #70
Rip
Commodore

Downloads: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by maerean_m View Post
No maybe to that. I suspect I will be playing every moment I can for a number of months. You can collect my money right now.

Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-09, 06:15 AM   #71
Uber Gruber
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Mmmmm.....I think it's only fair I put my grumpy head back in the box and wait till the game is released before further comment
Old 09-29-09, 06:45 PM   #72
Alex
Dominant Wolf

Downloads: 30

@ Mihai : By the way, don't you SH5 dev team plan to make some dev diary video(s) in the upcoming weeks and months, just like you did while developing SH4 ?

Old 09-30-09, 07:50 AM   #73
oscar19681
Admiral

Downloads: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
@ Mihai : By the way, don't you SH5 dev team plan to make some dev diary video(s) in the upcoming weeks and months, just like you did while developing SH4 ?

I sure as hell hope so! The visual information on sh-5 is so minimal at the moment

Jim Morrison 1943-1971
oscar19681 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-09, 07:57 AM   #74
Kapitan_Phillips
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapt0r View Post
I want sitting with my Officers on the Buck, and drink U-Boot Spezial Cocktail
Talk about a glutton for punishment!
Old 09-30-09, 08:59 AM   #75
The General
The Old Man

Downloads: 179
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
...Or the Devs can skip the Diary part and just let us see footage and screenshots of Silent Hunter V. There are a lot of talented Modders in this community who can comment on what changes have been made just by analyzing this information.

Tags
dowlywashere