SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics > PC Hardware/Software forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-21-10, 09:49 AM   #16
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteamWake View Post
Furthermore the electrical system in your home is capable of delivering 10's of thousands of amps (for a split second or so before everything blows up).
Having a wooden floor saved my stupid butt,

as a kid once I was poking a electrical socket with a steel wire when I put both ends of the wire in each socket *BLAZZZAP!* blew up the main fuse of the house and left me with a ghostly white face on the couch for a couple of hours

HunterICX
Old 06-21-10, 03:11 PM   #17
SteamWake
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterICX View Post
Having a wooden floor saved my stupid butt,

as a kid once I was poking a electrical socket with a steel wire when I put both ends of the wire in each socket *BLAZZZAP!* blew up the main fuse of the house and left me with a ghostly white face on the couch for a couple of hours

HunterICX
Heh Ive busted contractors doing exactly this to save themselves a trip to the circuit breaker. Just short phase to neutal and pop the breaker goes. Your reasonably save assuming the wire is insulated and the breaker is in good operating conditions.

I have to bust their chops about it because its not fool proof safe and its not good for the breakers
Old 06-22-10, 11:49 PM   #18
MrYenko
Watch

Downloads: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteamWake View Post
Heh Ive busted contractors doing exactly this to save themselves a trip to the circuit breaker. Just short phase to neutal and pop the breaker goes. Your reasonably save assuming the wire is insulated and the breaker is in good operating conditions.

I have to bust their chops about it because its not fool proof safe and its not good for the breakers
They'd have to go retrieve their tools from the bottom of the nearest body of water, if I was in your position. That's just idiotically hazardous.