SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-23-07, 09:29 PM   #91
Kumando
Commodore

Downloads: 283
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumando
Quote:
P4 3.0
1,5 DDR 400
Gforce 6600 GT AGP

The game drops the framerate drastically in the control room when i turn to see the navigator and the naigation map, if i face to the bow planes guy the fps turns to normal. Any ideas?
Can someone help?
I have the same problem. I have a:
P4 2.4ghz
1.5 G ram
GeForce 6600 GT AGP card with 128m DDR2 memory.

I have the card settings to optimize perfomance and the game settings to low, low rez, no high textures checked. I get sporadic frame rates from 14 to 40 in most views, but the trying to look at the map table and the navigator brings it to 2 fps. It even slows keyboard response.

I have notice that the fps drop doesn't occur in an S boat and the Gato is about 20 fps, but others boats just about stop it. I found the game graphics settings to medium doesn't hurt the fps much.

I also see the game stutter at times.

I didn't install gameshadow.

I've updated the drivers and the usual tips were done.

Sorry I can't help, but it's not just you.
I dont think the problem is related to poor graphics card or other spec performance it should be game related, because it shouldnt drop the fps so bad with all settings in low specially in an indoor environement like the control room. I hope future patches will fix this.
Kumando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-07, 09:52 PM   #92
badaboom
Weps

Downloads: 46

Hello there Skippers!!!....Is there anything I can do to improve my FPS?
I love how it looks but FPS are a bit low.here's a pic.
badaboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-07, 10:29 PM   #93
cmdrk
Planesman

Downloads: 3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrk
Quote:
Quote:
P4 3.0
1,5 DDR 400
Gforce 6600 GT AGP

The game drops the framerate drastically in the control room when i turn to see the navigator and the naigation map, if i face to the bow planes guy the fps turns to normal. Any ideas?
Can someone help?
I have the same problem. I have a:
P4 2.4ghz
1.5 G ram
GeForce 6600 GT AGP card with 128m DDR2 memory.

I have the card settings to optimize perfomance and the game settings to low, low rez, no high textures checked. I get sporadic frame rates from 14 to 40 in most views, but the trying to look at the map table and the navigator brings it to 2 fps. It even slows keyboard response.

I have notice that the fps drop doesn't occur in an S boat and the Gato is about 20 fps, but others boats just about stop it. I found the game graphics settings to medium doesn't hurt the fps much.

I also see the game stutter at times.

I didn't install gameshadow.

I've updated the drivers and the usual tips were done.

Sorry I can't help, but it's not just you.
I dont think the problem is related to poor graphics card or other spec performance it should be game related, because it shouldnt drop the fps so bad with all settings in low specially in an indoor environement like the control room. I hope future patches will fix this.
I'm thinking that also, because of the difference in the different boat interiors. Do you experience the FPS improvement in the Gato? Like the other control rooms are trying to render a hell of a lot more polygons.

I'm going to play with my settings some more. I drop a line if I discover anything.
cmdrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-07, 10:47 PM   #94
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by badaboom
Hello there Skippers!!!....Is there anything I can do to improve my FPS?
I love how it looks but FPS are a bit low.here's a pic.
I find the post processing filter increase frames.
Old 03-23-07, 10:49 PM   #95
Mad_Mark
Sailor man

Downloads: 16

I cant get rid of skips in my set up without turning off envoiroment effects and even then the skips are still slightly noticable.
With all set to max with everything on apart from windowed setting I get on average 60 fps but terrible stuttering about every 2 seconds.
Leave all to max but envoiroment effects off I get about 110 fps with very slight stuttering.
I have done the cfg file v,sync and 1 core only changes but that did nothing for me.
I can pause the game and move about with camara and still get stuttering.
I have latest drivers on all hardware installed including chip set and bios sound and DX and graphics .
Dont know what it is.
Also spent a lot of time in riva tuner going over many option but nothing made the slightest differance including just default settings.
Stuttering with over 100+ fps is a puzzle and apart from driver issue I cannot think of what it could be.
Cannot play like it is.
One thing though for a while the stuttering did stop on its own then as soon as night time came they returned and have stayed ever since.
Mad_Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-07, 11:24 PM   #96
badaboom
Weps

Downloads: 46

AVGWARHAWK....Thank You Sir!!!!I'll try this out
badaboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-07, 12:03 AM   #97
Jackson
Nub

Downloads: 0
Default Securerom

Hello everyone new to the subsim forums but have always loved playing submarine games. I remember watching my dad play silent service on his Commodore 64 and having a blast as so did I when I would play it on the NES. Love all the SH games but after buying this one and installing it and trying to get it to work for 2 hours I would always get the securerom 7000 error. Read that it might be becuase of Dameon Tools which I used for a couple games just because I hate the fact of putting CD or DVD in the computer constantly to play a game. So I uninstalled Dameon Tools and cleared it from the windows registry but with no avail. Ended up getting a no dvd crack and now experience the same 2d crew man bugs, crew always calling out numbers. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if they know how to fix it. Would love to play the game in its full glory.
Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-07, 03:06 AM   #98
Seadogs
Ensign

Downloads: 3
Default SHIV ate my media player. Help please.

Hey guys.

After installing SHIV I noticed intense corruption in the intro movie, massive green and red splotches on bright areas. No biggie I thought since this is not the first time I have had a UBI game with a jacked up intro. Turns out anything I play with WMP 11 is jacked up now too. So i'm guessing its a codec problem or a problem with the Direct X update. I did disable Direct X acceleration in the media player with zero results.

Refresh my memory, was there a codec update with the SHIV install? If thats it how would I go about fixing that?

System specs:

C2D e6700 @stock speed
Vista home premium
Nvidia 8800GTX @stock speed (I always have updated drivers. i'm a technophile )
2 Gig RAM
Windows media player 11

EDIT:
This is going to take some investigating (but i dont wanna I want to play ).

Well, I guess I'll start by posting at some speciality tech spots and Ubi.

I am very interested in anyone having this problem w/ specs. As soon as I find something I promise to report back.

Last edited by Seadogs; 03-24-07 at 03:32 AM.
Seadogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-07, 03:11 AM   #99
Zero Niner
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 69

yes, there is an install option for media 9 codecs (or some such). I installed those, but I've no probles with Windows Media Player (ver 11)
Zero Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-07, 03:19 AM   #100
pccitgo99
Swabbie

Downloads: 2
Wrong Disc Error

I have installed SH4, rebooted, loaded the 1.1 patch and went to run the game.

Instead of being able to play I get an erroneous message stating that I have got the wrong CD/DVD in the drive. Well it is the one that came in the box and the DVD drive is the same one that installed the game.

What are my options? Demand another disk from Ubisoft, Uninstall and re install. I am not keen to go for any cracks as I see that causes problems with speech and 2D characters. I paid honest money for the game and I think I should be able to install and play without this sort of hassle.
pccitgo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-07, 04:32 AM   #101
Darkbluesky
Sparky

Downloads: 61
Default AGP card for SH4

Hello,

I hope you could help me. My current rig is:

Asus mobo P5P800
Intel Pentium 4 560 (Prescott) @ 3.6 GHz
1 GB DDR-SDRAM 2 x 512 Mb Corsair CMX512-4400C25
Nvidia MSI 5900XT AGP

I assume that the video card is the bottleneck :hmm:

My system is AGP, and I plan to do a major upgrade end of this year for a PCI-e rig.

For the moment nothing is OC'ed, but if I change the graph card, I'll OC as much as possible if needed.

Until then, I would like to enjoy some nice games, specially SH4. So I would like to get an AGP card that allows me to play it as nice as possible. On the other hand I think it has not too much sense to spend too much now in a card to be changed later this year.

What do you recommend? 7600GT, 7800GS, 7800GS GLH? Another?

Thanks a lot!

Last edited by Darkbluesky; 03-24-07 at 04:48 AM.
Darkbluesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-07, 04:40 AM   #102
Gizzmoe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 4

Currently the best card for AGP is the ATI X1950 Pro, but you would need a new power supply with at least 25 amps on the +12v line. The 7600GT is a decent card and costs less, it needs a PSU that has 20 ampere on the +12v line.
Gizzmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-07, 04:45 AM   #103
Darkbluesky
Sparky

Tx for answer. Sorry I forgot to say that I can buy only NVIDIA cards becuase, unhappily, they are the only ones that allow to play PC games in true 3D, i.e. stereoscopic mode (kind of Virtual Reality).

Do you think that a 7600GT will allow to play SH4 maxed, or almost?
Old 03-24-07, 05:04 AM   #104
Gizzmoe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkbluesky
Do you think that a 7600GT will allow to play SH4 maxed, or almost?
Almost. That depends on how much additional GPU power the stereoscopic mode needs.
Gizzmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-07, 05:08 AM   #105
Darkbluesky
Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizzmoe

Almost. That depends on how much additional GPU power the stereoscopic mode needs.
Well, stereocopic mode can drop fps by a 25-35% according to my experience. But I would be happy if currently I could play SH4 in normal mode (not stereocopic) maxed.