Closed Thread

Old 06-02-19, 09:27 AM   #7051
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Media and a lot of people seem to take what Mueller said as new revelation, but he quite literally repeated what was already in the report word for word.
Indeed. Which leads to the quesiton why the consequences that are to be demanded from that report are so actively hidden, ignored, avoided, and some even conclude fake truths from it.

Obviously Muieller saw the need to reinterate what the report said, due to too massive bending and ignorration and faking its conclusions.

Said congressman I pointed to from that broadcast was asked about Müller's final comment that he would not tell any further word about it, the man got kind of furious and said that if Mueller gets called to witness to congress he would need to talk as much about it as Congress demands him to, and that it were not his decision to decide whether he makes any further words about the report or not. Illustrates nicely what a confused assembly of idiots Congress seems to be. Trump is not strong due to his strength and skill and intellect, he has none of that. He is strong because possible challengers and opponents are too weak. In a way they thus are even worse a choice than Trump already is, therefore.

Thats why I do not defend Democrats even when i dislike Trump. I cannot stand them all.
Old 06-02-19, 07:25 PM   #7052
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Interesting opinion piece on Democrat double standards.

https://townhall.com/columnists/dere...dards-n2547248

Quote:
While we’re at it, I can’t find any proof the employees of MSNBC aren’t cheating on their spouses. If I were married to any of them, especially the on-air “talent,” I’d be worried because I can’t prove otherwise. And don’t even get me started about what I can’t prove they don’t do to farm animals and small woodland creatures.

No one, rightly, would accept the idea they were guilty of something simply because they couldn’t prove themselves innocent. I suspect most of us have no alibi for what we were doing when Malaysian flight 370 disappeared, does that make us suspects? Are we now a Kafka novel?

We aren’t, but Donald Trump is. He is guilty of something, perhaps lots of things, Democrats insist, they just have to find it. Until they do, they’re going to act like they have. And their minions in the media are content to go along with it. Maybe they should be treated the same way.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 06-03-19, 12:31 AM   #7053
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Skybird stop drinking the liberal media kool-aid and read the following very carefully:

There is no constitutional crisis here in the US. None, nada, nope.

The US Constitution is not in danger of being either abrogated, threatened or ignored, and certainly not by Donald Trump. Any media shill who claims otherwise is a partisan playing on the fears of the ignorant like they have been doing ever since Trump won the election.

Democrats very stridently tried to claim that Trump wouldn't accept the results of the election but really it's they who can't accept the result and for the past two and a half years they have used every weapon at their disposal including an enormous media machine in increasingly apparent and desperate attempts to destroy his presidency.

No wonder liberal media bastions like CNN are tanking. They can only cry wolf with biased claptrap billed as "Breaking News" so often before people start tuning them out and their ratings show it.
I wonder if democrats would accept Trump being re-elected.
Old 06-03-19, 12:50 AM   #7054
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikalugin View Post
I wonder if democrats would accept Trump being re-elected.
Of course they will. They just won't like it and will continue down the path of seeking a way to oust him. I'm a registered Democrat but I didn't vote Democrat or Republican because I didn't like either candidate and I still don't like them.
If Trump could just shut up and get on with doing his job I might start to like him but I might as well hope for finding an elixir of youth in my refrigerator tomorrow as neither will ever happen. As it is he walks like an ass, talks like an ass, and behaves like an ass. I don't like the sound of ******* in Chief.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 06-03-19, 02:00 AM   #7055
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Of course they will. They just won't like it and will continue down the path of seeking a way to oust him. I'm a registered Democrat but I didn't vote Democrat or Republican because I didn't like either candidate and I still don't like them.
If Trump could just shut up and get on with doing his job I might start to like him but I might as well hope for finding an elixir of youth in my refrigerator tomorrow as neither will ever happen. As it is he walks like an ass, talks like an ass, and behaves like an ass. I don't like the sound of ******* in Chief.
I was thinking more about democrat leadership, but it is good to hear that reasonable voters exist
Old 06-03-19, 05:44 AM   #7056
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

The case about mean Meghan is, taken for itself, a relatively minor one. The problem is that it is so absolutely symptomatic for Trump. First babbling like an idiot about how stupid his next visits' host is. A reasonable man would not have done so. And then, with recorded evidence on hand, rejecting that he did say . Thats the behaviour of a spoiled child that got caught with its hands in the sugarbox and even then says "Its not me". That is as convincing as it would be if I say "I can type perfectly (tm) I never do typos when hacking text into the machine". Or a mentally handicapped with an ill-working short-time memory. Last year I spoke with a former university buddy who now works in the forensic analsis department for the police, psxyhcological profiling and such. He talked about the signature by Trump, these Tatoo-style strange loking grahical zigzagging lines that he produces on his pamphletes and lovs to hold into the camera in the oval office to show what a big, big boy he is. He said that that were quite tpyical for people who could not write and only act as if they could: like little childrnen not yet attending school and playing somethign and then producing some graphical constructions that they shows what they imagine what written text would look like, if they would alreaby being able to write. Its more a graffitti than a signature. If Trump cannot read, it woudl explain whle we still wait for him to ever follow a script on a teleprompter or a sheet of paper to the end and not strolling off rather sooner than later. Thats somethign that even in Germany is beign taken note of. I think he just acts as if he could read - and many get fooled indeed. Much in Trump'S behaviour and his aggressiveness I see as the tpyical attempt of such people to hide their deficits by aggressiveness, and to react with boasting overcompensation. Plays hand in hand with the imposter-part, because the show is a runaway train- yu need to become an ever bigger imposter to continue the deception, because you entangle yourself ever deeper in your facades and false claims and must invets bigger and bigger efforts and more and more energy to keep the show running.

Well, the excuses for Trumps so many wrongs and sillinesses seem to be everlasting, so I guess America has the president that it deserves. Some of you celebrate ho for his "successes". Lets see how long-living they are - and how self-sustaining. I only fear that evben if they show to not ve on, you will still defend hom - if for no other reason than to avoid admitting that you were terribky wrong and had hopelessly overestimated this man. I say you fell for a spoiled, incapable child whose only talent is that for boasting and imposting. And no, he neither is a genius for deals and negotiations, nor a big business man. His record gives evidence for the opposite. As a businessman he was a fraudulent and cheating dud. As president he has negoiated and shocked th world a lot. But i fail to see the great results. He is not a presidnet. He is a child that plays beign president, and how he iagines it is to be president in his toy world.

That such a imature imposter could make it to president and could not be removed, and that the two party system could drift so far apart and polarize society like it does, illustrates perfectly that the US is in a deep constitutional crisis for sure. The constitutonal order fails in guarding against what is happening right now, it does not provide the tools necessary to dela with this imposter. Its a bit like with Bush jr. after eight years some people here told me "See, the system works, he is gione" Yeah, but not before granting him the maximum time to do his damages and dong a lot of wrongs and evils. The opporuntiy for wrong and evil was maximised by the system. Thats what I call a malfuncitonijg system before anythign else. Impeachmeent was introduced as a means to avoid wrong wrongdoing presidents maximising their damages over two terms.

The cracker barrel voters still jubilate, lets see if they will still do in 7 years. To me it looks as if all reaosnable thinking has left the oublic debate and it all is just about tribes and totems like the streetfights of holligans in engand before or after football matches. Its just the "we are bigger than you" kind of game.

Last edited by Skybird; 06-03-19 at 05:53 AM.
Old 06-03-19, 08:34 AM   #7057
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
That such a imature imposter could make it to president and could not be removed, and that the two party system could drift so far apart and polarize society like it does, illustrates perfectly that the US is in a deep constitutional crisis for sure.
Because certain people do not like the President and his policies and want him gone does not make a constitutional crisis. Not even close. One example of a crisis would be if there was an attempt to indict Mr. Trump for obstruction of justice. As noted, Mr Mueller chose not to do this for very good reasons. One to avoid an unnesessary crisis and two because then there would have to be a trial in which all of Mr. Mueller's methods and evidence would be exposed. Guaranteed he wants to avoid that.

Quote:
Impeachmeent was introduced as a means to avoid wrong wrongdoing presidents maximising their damages over two terms.
Not quite. If opposing political parties had their way every President would be impeached.

I'll go on record to say I am not a big fan of Mr.Trump. There are lots of things he does that I don't like but I do not see him as some kind of threat to the Constitution or the rule of Government. At least not more than any other President. I notced you are criticizing Trump and GW Bush but you missed a guy.

Mr. Trump, to our knowledge has yet to put members of the media and their families under surveillance. Or weaponize the IRS to go after his political rivals. And there is now the possibility that the Obama administration used the FBI and the intellegence agencies to help Clinton and hurt Trump. I sincerly hope that last one is not true but more and more the evidence is suggesting that some wrong doing occured.

Presidents come and go. So far in my opinion the best thing President Trump has done is to put two people on the Supreme Court who will interpret the Constitution the way it was written rather than by some SJW creed they happen to believe at the moment. It is possible he will get to add to the Court and some people don't like that.

The proper way to remove a President from office is by voting him out of office. Although that election is not too far off it seems to me that this is the least likely path that Dems want to take. I wonder why? Looking at the current slate of potential candidates it's not hard to see why. As Bill Maher just recently said, "I know more about what Democratic candidates have apologized for than I know their stance on the issues."

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Last edited by u crank; 06-03-19 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Spelling.
u crank is online  
Old 06-03-19, 09:26 AM   #7058
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

there is no constitutional crisis, the system is working exactly as it should.

I am no big fan of Trump, I can think of many other who I would rather have been President, but what all the "rabid anti-Trumpers" (tm) seem to be missing is that other than his distractive twitter habit, 99% of Trump's policies have been garden variety/ plain jane Republican/conservative policies. That is the reason his approval rating has hovered between 45-50% generally and is at 90% for GOP voters.

That is also the reason why he stands a very good chance of being re-elected in 2020.
Old 06-03-19, 10:10 AM   #7059
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Trump has been a better Republican than most Republicans. I'd prefer that he came in more of a Reagan wrapper, but I'll take him warts and all.

It's similar to Lincoln's thoughts about General Grant
Quote:
I can't spare this man–he fights.
Old 06-03-19, 12:25 PM   #7060
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Two thing

1. If Trump will be running for a second term is up to the American voters

2. If an Impeachment against Trump should be the case IT shall be because he has broken some federal law. NOT because some Americans don't like him.

That's my point-of-view.

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 06-03-19, 12:47 PM   #7061
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Two thing

1. If Trump will be running for a second term is up to the American voters

2. If an Impeachment against Trump should be the case IT shall be because he has broken some federal law. NOT because some Americans don't like him.

That's my point-of-view.

Markus
You mean winning a second term, because running is up to his party and so far he's the only one running for POTUS on the GOP side against 23 candidates on the democrats side.

Your second point is right on though
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 06-03-19, 01:25 PM   #7062
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
You mean winning a second term, because running is up to his party and so far he's the only one running for POTUS on the GOP side against 23 candidates on the democrats side.

Your second point is right on though
You are correct.

It's if he is selected by his party, it's up to the American voters to decide if he shall be their President for a second term.

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 06-03-19, 01:32 PM   #7063
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Collusion is not a crime.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 06-03-19, 02:07 PM   #7064
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Collusion is not a crime.
Collusion is not not a crime. Fixed.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online  
Old 06-04-19, 01:33 AM   #7065
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Icon10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
[...]
It's if he is selected by his party, it's up to the American voters to decide if he shall be their President for a second term.
Markus
This is what's most frightening.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...d-5-key-traits

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 06-04-19 at 03:29 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter