SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-09-10, 05:49 PM   #1
strykerpsg
Loader

Downloads: 99
Uploads: 0
Default Anyway to consolidate all mods in one folder?

Hello,

Any way there can be one folder, with all mods available in their most current version for easier navigation? I see there are multiples mods, LWAMI, DWX, RA, Alfa Tau, etc. The only one I could find in it's latest incarnation is LWAMI. Thanks

Matt
strykerpsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-10, 07:47 AM   #2
Theta Sigma
Seabed Comber

Firstly, you can consolidate mods via JSGME. Some can be combined, overwritten, or just switched between.

Secondly, there is no "DWX" per se. That's the non-existent DW counterpart of Silent Hunter's uber-mod "GWX". Some choose to apply the title to some of the main DW mods (LWAMI, RA, AT etc) vying for the top spot. Vocal Reinforce Alert fans apply it to that mod, and even the RA devs have added it to their mod's splash screen. However, some still call it the "Russian DWX" as some do with Alfa Tau as the "Italian DWX" and so on. RA is the most recently updated mod with playables, so that's getting bandied around as "it".
Old 01-30-10, 04:44 AM   #3
-GrayOwl-
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theta Sigma View Post
Firstly, you can consolidate mods via JSGME. Some can be combined, overwritten, or just switched between.

Secondly, there is no "DWX" per se. That's the non-existent DW counterpart of Silent Hunter's uber-mod "GWX". Some choose to apply the title to some of the main DW mods (LWAMI, RA, AT etc) vying for the top spot. Vocal Reinforce Alert fans apply it to that mod, and even the RA devs have added it to their mod's splash screen. However, some still call it the "Russian DWX" as some do with Alfa Tau as the "Italian DWX" and so on. RA is the most recently updated mod with playables, so that's getting bandied around as "it".
I would speak that RA DWX is counter part of addition SCX-II (SCX-IIC) for a Subcommand.
And it not " the non-existent DW counterpart ".
It exists, and will be shortly accessible to use.
Old 01-30-10, 06:50 AM   #4
Theta Sigma
Seabed Comber

Quote:
Originally Posted by -GrayOwl- View Post
I would speak that RA DWX is counter part of addition SCX-II (SCX-IIC) for a Subcommand.
And it not " the non-existent DW counterpart ".
It exists, and will be shortly accessible to use.
You misinterpret my comment. RA is fantastic. However, the OP mentions DWX and RA as different choices along with others. I'm just clarifying what some people may be referring to when they used the name. As you know, there was no official "DWX" as there was a GWX. Someone coined DWX as the (then) unattained uber-mod that would be on par with GWX in status. Right now, RA fits that bill, and so people started calling it that. Now even the devs.
Old 02-10-10, 04:49 AM   #5
Castout
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 6

Actually the screen splash of RA now reads DWX. It's not trying to be GWX it's another mod altogether though it may borrow on the name hype GWX or SCX.
Old 03-05-10, 02:19 AM   #6
Theta Sigma
Seabed Comber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castout View Post
Actually the screen splash of RA now reads DWX. It's not trying to be GWX it's another mod altogether though it may borrow on the name hype GWX or SCX.
I thought I said that?