SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-30-23, 02:18 PM   #14191
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1333
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by yagura View Post
Perhaps I remember incorrectly, but it is my understanding that he is not planning on making more changes. I think I read this somewhere on these forums, maybe even in this thread some pages back in a message from Vecko himself.
Grazie yagura
Old 09-29-23, 08:45 AM   #14192
taflad
Nub

Downloads: 57
Default Real Nav version and Sextant functionality?

Hi all,

I've played SH5 TWOs many years ago. Ive got the Das Boot itch again and downloaded everything, but Im seeing talk about an old version of Real Navigation vs a new version. IS the new version included in the latest TWO's installer please? Or does it need to be manually updated? My goal is to learn the sextant and proper navigation this time around. As far as I understand it, the old version of real navigation doesn't work correctly for sextant usage (something to do with TC). Any help would be greatly appreciated!
taflad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-23, 10:07 AM   #14193
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome back!

taflad! back to the surface after a 3-year'silent run'!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-23, 01:49 PM   #14194
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3215

Quote:
Originally Posted by taflad View Post
Hi all,

I've played SH5 TWOs many years ago. Ive got the Das Boot itch again and downloaded everything, but Im seeing talk about an old version of Real Navigation vs a new version. IS the new version included in the latest TWO's installer please? Or does it need to be manually updated? My goal is to learn the sextant and proper navigation this time around. As far as I understand it, the old version of real navigation doesn't work correctly for sextant usage (something to do with TC). Any help would be greatly appreciated!
The Real Nav addon included in TWoS 2.2.25 works well. If you want more difficult RN, add the Alpheratz mod.

Welcome aboard!

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-23, 06:07 AM   #14195
dive3452
Swabbie

Downloads: 100

Hi, I have a little problem, looks like the text from textbox (crew reports) is all in Russian (not the main menu, it is in english) , also some other labels are in Russian as well, the loading tips are also in Russian, can someone help me to fix that to be in english? I have tried searching the forum but with no luck...
dive3452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-23, 01:22 PM   #14196
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dive3452 View Post
Hi, I have a little problem, looks like the text from textbox (crew reports) is all in Russian (not the main menu, it is in english) , also some other labels are in Russian as well, the loading tips are also in Russian, can someone help me to fix that to be in english? I have tried searching the forum but with no luck...
Did you installed TWoS 2.2.25? Never I see this issue...

Vecko, the author, is russian, but the mod is all in english, except voices.

Reinstall SH5 1.2 with TWoS 2.2.25 and see how works.

In the KSD app put English in the settings. I don´t know if this could be the problem...Maybe not.

Good luck!

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
Old 10-04-23, 06:04 PM   #14197
dive3452
Swabbie

Downloads: 100

It looks like i used SH5 Russian installation, i will just have to use English installation, thanks anyway.
One more question, what version of IRAI is implemented in latest twos? I have found on forums here that there is a new version of IRAI 0.0.45, but i cant download it, link is down...is that version already in latest IRAI?
dive3452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-23, 11:38 AM   #14198
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

About TWoS and TDW patches:

I would to know why a lot of the TDW patches in TWoS are disabled. I think is due stability reasons, but there is a huge lot of patches disabled. Vecko knows his motives.

I´m doing some tests enabling some of the disabled patches and it seems the game works well.

Many thanks and best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

Old 10-11-23, 02:59 AM   #14199
Propnut17
Mate

Downloads: 68

Looking forward to reading your TDW test results.
Propnut17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-23, 09:29 AM   #14200
yagura
Seaman

Downloads: 35

Hello everyone! I have a small problem with one of the map tools (one of those that you can open from the menu that comes up by pressing the default key 'E'). At some point I have managed to misplace the tool so that now whenever I open that tool it is off-screen and I can not move it back, or at least do not know how.

Is there a way to reset the position at which the map tools / charts / etc. open on the screen so I can use that 'hidden' tool again?
yagura is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-23, 12:21 PM   #14201
GrenSo
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 584
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by yagura View Post
Hello everyone! I have a small problem with one of the map tools (one of those that you can open from the menu that comes up by pressing the default key 'E'). At some point I have managed to misplace the tool so that now whenever I open that tool it is off-screen and I can not move it back, or at least do not know how.

Is there a way to reset the position at which the map tools / charts / etc. open on the screen so I can use that 'hidden' tool again?

You just have to delete the .TDW files in the root folder. In this one are the position saved. I don't know in which one is map tool position integrated, but this files will be created and updated with every start of the game.

“Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind.” - J.F.K.
GrenSo is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-23, 01:32 PM   #14202
yagura
Seaman

Downloads: 35
Icon14

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrenSo View Post
You just have to delete the .TDW files in the root folder. In this one are the position saved. I don't know in which one is map tool position integrated, but this files will be created and updated with every start of the game.
Thank you!!
yagura is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-23, 08:52 AM   #14203
castle1875
Nub

Downloads: 17

Thanks to your mod I can play sh5 again
castle1875 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-23, 10:01 PM   #14204
Ashikaga
Commodore

Downloads: 31

About Vecko not being around, I just hope he is safe and was not drafted/mobilized. TWoS still works well for me even though I have not upgraded to the latest version due to me still being in a campaign.

Whether or not there will be any more updates we will see in the future.

If Vecko reads this at all, hope you are safe and well.
Old 11-18-23, 12:46 PM   #14205
brunnerius
Swabbie

Downloads: 117

ahoy fellow grey wolves

this is my first post after many months of browsing through your wonderful and useful informations

cutting the waves of the Atlantic ocean with my mighty u-** is the most beautiful feeling
But I was hit by two shells from the deck gun and I need help

first hit is the name of my boat, U-** is weird

and the second hit is an empty list of sunken ships and warships (I have a tonnage of over 190000 till now)

https://imgur.com/a/KjbXn19

Has anyone been hit like this before and can help?

Thank you very much in advance
brunnerius is offline   Reply With Quote