SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-12-13, 03:10 PM   #2251
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Budokan View Post
I was actually curious about this mod and have a question. I have more than one character I play on Skyrim. One of them is already a vampire, but the others are not, and nor are they every likely to be. If I download this mod will they all immediately become vampires, or not?

Thanks!
A player character that is not a vampire will remain that way after the mod is installed; he will still have to contract vampirism the normal way. A player character that has vampirism will have to reset said vampirism via the mod's in-game settings interface (found in Powers) in order for the mod features to take effect.
Takeda Shingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-13, 06:37 PM   #2252
Iron Budokan
Sea Lord

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeda Shingen View Post
A player character that is not a vampire will remain that way after the mod is installed; he will still have to contract vampirism the normal way. A player character that has vampirism will have to reset said vampirism via the mod's in-game settings interface (found in Powers) in order for the mod features to take effect.
Thank you, that's what I was hoping for.

http://kennethmarkhoover.com
Iron Budokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-13, 04:14 AM   #2253
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
Not so much enjoying it, just that I still have problems with my Steam account and all the Steam help desk can do is tell me that my problem can't happen and that all I need to do reinstall the game.

Really Steam? Wow, I never would have thought about that. Guess what, it does not work.. hence what I call "a problem".

Which according to Steam, simply can't happen.

Glad others are happy with Steam. I only hope that before long, there is another company to replace Steam (I am resigned to the fact that in the future all single player games will require internet accounts. ) but will do it better and with better customer service.

Or perhaps soon they will release a patch that allows people to play Skyrim without a Steam account. That would be nice.

Skyrim sounds like a very nice game. Would like to play it, but can't take the risk of paying for another game that Steam won't allow me to play.
What'S the problem? I had unsolvable problems when trying to run Shogun 2 oin the system of an old gentleman for whom I do the maintenance. I never got it running reliably, and then these endless download after installation, and the inability to have steam in offline mode. It did not run on my system either. However, Skyrim runs reliably. But due to the Shogun experience I have quite some experience in trying and attempting solutions and workarounds. If you describe precisely what the problem is and what you have done, maybe I or somebody else can help you out. Skyrim has no more updates and patches, and after installation and adding mods you want, you should be able to switch Steam to offline mode and not going oiline anymore when launching th egame.

I agree however, that Steam is #&§&*. I hate the business smodel. It also leads to games released on Steam only needing to be downloaded. Downloading a 10 or more GB game on a 3000er DSL cable is not funny, but takes all day. Finally, you cannot sell the game second hand (which is the driving idea behind Steam: to destroy the market for second hand trading). In the end it has installed a destructive market policy, from a customer's point of view - and has succeeded in making customers tolerating it.

I perosnally would noit mind if somebody hacks steam and destroy the account database beyond repair or replacement. Shoulöd serve as a wonderful wakeuzp call for many people who lose all their payed-for games then. Online accounts cannot replace the solid possession rights you have by having an autonomous copy on CD. Or a printed book.

Skyrim is one of the very best games I have ever witnessed - and I play computer games since they rose on home computers in the mid-80s. It's worth to try getting it to run - or to make an exception regarding general Steam antipathy like mine. I'm about entering my third straight year of playing, although I probably have seen almost all places now.
Old 09-13-13, 07:55 AM   #2254
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
What'S the problem?
To make a long story short.

I have a game with the disks and the authorization code (I don't pirate)

I can't play the game because Steam sends me a message that the game is not loaded onto my Steam account.

When I try to load the game on my Steam Account, I get a message that Steam can't install it because it is already loaded on my account.

When I try to uninstall (or what ever the proper term is) to remove the game from my Steam Account, I get a message that Steam can't remove my game from my account because it is not installed.

Kind of a circular problem. The problem is clearly that something in my account is corrupted and one "part" of my account has the game installed and another "part" of my account does not have the game installed.

Simple fix, just get Steam to fix it...... When I contacted the Steam customer service (service in the same context of a bull and cow) they actually told me that my problem could not happen. When I explained that I tried doing that, they assumed that the problem was that I did not understand the web interface and transferred me to a help desk who stepped me through it like I was a simpleton.

When it did not work, as I have found out multiple times, the "help" desk told me "it is not a steam interface problem. It is probably something with your account". really?

Back to the account no-help desk and they once again, and with some unnecessary attitude, told me that my problem simply could not happen.

I danced with Steam about this for a month or two and then gave up. I don't buy games with Steam and I accept that I can't play the newest games. But there are still many older games that are still fun and don't require Steam.

I still don't understand why a game where I have all the physical disks and the cryptic authorization number requires Steam.

Anyway, believe it or not, this IS the short version.

Happy that many many others have no steam problems. In theory, it should be a good business model. I guess I was one of the unlucky ones to have a problem that "simply can't happen".
Old 09-29-13, 11:43 AM   #2255
donna52522
Lady Mariner

Downloads: 225

Platapus, if you have a recycle bin....go into Steam/Steamapps/Common and delete your Skyrim folder.

That will uninstall Skyrim manually and you should be able to put your disc in and reinstall...if it doesn't work you can always go back into recycle and restore.
Old 09-30-13, 07:40 AM   #2256
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
To make a long story short.

I have a game with the disks and the authorization code (I don't pirate)

I can't play the game because Steam sends me a message that the game is not loaded onto my Steam account.

When I try to load the game on my Steam Account, I get a message that Steam can't install it because it is already loaded on my account.

When I try to uninstall (or what ever the proper term is) to remove the game from my Steam Account, I get a message that Steam can't remove my game from my account because it is not installed.

Kind of a circular problem. The problem is clearly that something in my account is corrupted and one "part" of my account has the game installed and another "part" of my account does not have the game installed.

Simple fix, just get Steam to fix it...... When I contacted the Steam customer service (service in the same context of a bull and cow) they actually told me that my problem could not happen. When I explained that I tried doing that, they assumed that the problem was that I did not understand the web interface and transferred me to a help desk who stepped me through it like I was a simpleton.

When it did not work, as I have found out multiple times, the "help" desk told me "it is not a steam interface problem. It is probably something with your account". really?

Back to the account no-help desk and they once again, and with some unnecessary attitude, told me that my problem simply could not happen.

I danced with Steam about this for a month or two and then gave up. I don't buy games with Steam and I accept that I can't play the newest games. But there are still many older games that are still fun and don't require Steam.

I still don't understand why a game where I have all the physical disks and the cryptic authorization number requires Steam.

Anyway, believe it or not, this IS the short version.

Happy that many many others have no steam problems. In theory, it should be a good business model. I guess I was one of the unlucky ones to have a problem that "simply can't happen".
Sorry, I forgot to check back here. Anyhow, my own problems with Steam back then do not compare to yours, but were different, so I cannot offer advise, but I know how it feels to be danced around within their tiny little schemes that makes them think a world beyond their schemes cannot exist. I had the same with the android Playstore some months ago, was typing my fingertips bloody, and they only sent back sh!t and repetitions of their own FAQs which did not touch my problem at all.

Computer make people behave like computers, and more and more people start like behaving like an algorithm, unable to deal with anything this algorithm cannot handle. They call it technical progress. I call it cultural degeneration.
Old 10-02-13, 06:39 PM   #2257
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168

And now I can't play at all, apparently... started a brand new game last week but after about 15 levels I started getting BSODs after a few minutes of play, at least in fullscreen... I just played for a bit with it windowed so I could monitor CPU/MBs temps and didn't have any problems with that. More details here, if anyone has any advice or suggestions they would be much appreciated! I've been tearing my hair out trying to figure out what exactly is happening, trying different things, which seem to lead to other issues popping up that may or may not be related... about ready to back everything up and reinstall Windows but I'm still wondering if my relatively new GPU is suddenly crapping out on me which would TOTALLY SUCK.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-13, 08:56 PM   #2258
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feuer Frei! View Post
I don't think anyone will argue with you anymore Skybird

Wishful thinking in the GT Section though.

The ragdoll physics look unacceptable.

Are you aware that there are fixes\mods in place for that?
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/601/?
Old 11-26-13, 06:22 PM   #2259
Skybird
Soaring

FYI: there is a new mod out that is the answer to my own question earlier. It allows you to move your whole family, including children! to any house you own: hearthfire homes, mod houses, anything. It is named "Custom Family Home", I saw it on Steam. I have not tried it yet, but download it while typing this.

Sceenshots confirmed children accepting Sutvaka castle as a home, for example.

If this works, my prayers have been heard!
Old 11-26-13, 06:42 PM   #2260
Skybird
Soaring

I also just learned that the same author has done the "Skyrim Unadoptation Mod", allowing you to get rid of the little beasts. Or simulate they have come of age and have left your home to live their own life then. You can readopt them, if needed - the same ones, or other kids.
Old 11-28-13, 05:25 PM   #2261
Skybird
Soaring

Sutvaka Fortified Estate has been updated once again, and it is awesome. The problem that AFT enhanced followers with three different armour sets in cities, outside cities and inside buildings did not recognise to be inside Sutvaka's buildings and thus wore their battledress even inside the houses, has been made a thing of the past. There are two beds for children now, even more manequins, a gatehouse with two additional guards, a huge library, and some more improvements.

To be able to have all family - wife and kids - there now, and with such a huge support community; the correct dress recognition, and the huge places hidden in the secret chambers serving all storage and collecting needs you can ever have, and the supreme atmosphere and feeling of being in an isolated, yet well-protected stronghold, makes this one of the best house mods players can chose. Awesome! Since there is a separate house for the guards with many free beds, you can bring in even more followers - additional to the 8 guards, your family, and the three servants.
Old 12-09-13, 09:49 AM   #2262
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

What I really want with regard to family homes is something like My Home Is Your Home but for adopted children, where each child can be told (individually) to live in a specific place. Since I use a multiple adoptions mod I can adopt up to six kids total, which at least lets me get all the truly homeless ones off the streets, but I can only pick one place for them all to live just like the vanilla system which sucks. Given that I also tend to have multiple followers hanging around on retainer, even the larger player homes fill up pretty fast.
Old 01-07-14, 06:20 PM   #2263
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Warning: You might die of laughter...
Old 01-17-14, 08:27 AM   #2264
Skybird
Soaring

Anyone knowing a player's home in the Reach, the more to the West the better? At least west of Rorikstatt? It seems that area does not get much love from modders.

I now have Windstad Manor as secondary and Sutvaka Castle as my primary home. Would not mind to have a property in the far West and far East as well.
Old 01-22-14, 11:16 AM   #2265
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Anyone knowing a player's home in the Reach, the more to the West the better? At least west of Rorikstatt? It seems that area does not get much love from modders.
Just clear the skeevers out of Lund's Hut and crash there.