SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-29-10, 02:57 PM   #1
Shkval
Planesman

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 0
Default Making a game?

What is your opinion about an attempt to gather a team of enthusiast (as bigger the better) with a good knowledge of programming, 3D modeling, texture art and animation in order to create REALLY GOOD modern submarine simulation (for example Akula IIi )? Is there some similar project underway?
Is anyone willing to participate?
For example I have a solid knowledge of modeling and animation in 3ds max (professionally 5 years).
Anyone else?
Old 03-29-10, 04:23 PM   #2
TLAM Strike
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6

http://www.commanders-academy.com/comsubsim

^This might be what your looking for. I have sent some of my 3d models to Dr. Sid for this project.

TLAM Strike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-10, 05:52 PM   #3
Shkval
Planesman

Well this is not really what I had on my mind, I was thinking about only one sub, Akula, why Akula, because of number of crew members - 76. Full interior like SH5, NPC's are "working" in shifts i.e. releaving the watch as in SH4, only officers have "UI" for commanding the sub etc etc. Time limited sandbox type of gameplay, let's say some 6 months of war between Russia nad whoever (China, Japan?) 20-30 missions, NPC's on key positions (sonarman) have ability to "learn" i.e. you are programming them with "named procedures"... and many many more stuff...
Old 04-19-10, 11:42 AM   #4
tonibamestre
中国水兵

Downloads: 82

Ive got my head spinning since ages concerning that idea,a detailed global complex modern Naval Warfare simulator,focused mainly to MMO play and bringing to the seven seas a wide range of vessels from several Navies,thus including full operative Carriers.

Its my dream,but I need a lottery to start recruiting programmers and people to put at work to.

tonibamestre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-10, 04:05 PM   #5
Shkval
Planesman

Finally someone, even to only talk about it... wow man slow down a little... for the beginning only one sub, one crew and limited sandbox type of a game. Carriers? Don't you think it is a little bit too much? My idea was to gather people with the goal of "making a name" in gaming industry. There are many examples of groups of volunteers who had made a game and become famous. We can leave carriers for some other time... under the patronage of some "serious" company... like EA or (God-forbid) Ubisoft .