SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-19-18, 06:40 PM   #1
flush deck
Mate

Downloads: 55
Uploads: 2
Default The Ships Skins Factory project.

Hi All,

I'm a fresh new member here in this community, but it's long time now that I make texture stuff for many simulators (IL2, Flight Sim, Arma, ROF, GTL, GTR, TrainZ etc.. Most of the sim that are open to modding in fact)

I'm also a long time user of SH4 (the best of the series) I use it most like a surface ship simulator now, using the great surface mods produced here.
But the render of the ships in game is just.. Well, that need to be reworked as the interest of SH4 was not on the details of the surface ships.
The problem is that I' couldn't manage to find the way to rework on the textures.

Few time ago, a friend give me the opportunity to use S3D, and finaly the door was here. I will be able to reworked the texture of the SH4 Ships, and start this old project.

Most of the ship of SH4 use the same basic texture, like most of the mod presented here on SubSim. This texture is use without any, or just few adaptation to the 3D model, that give most of the time some very strange thing. The ships look like wreck with some porthole that's look like shoe eyelet.

The idea of the Ship Skins Factory project, is to remake all the textures of all the SH4 ships.
After the basic SH4 version remapped, I will work on the differents MOD that have been developped here, to make something in the same spirit of the SH4 units reworked.

I will work by navy, starting by the US Navy, Imperial Japan navy and Royal Navy. Then Regia Marina, Kriegsmarine, french and russian navy that come from modding.
I will show the WIP using S3D render and one shot in game to keep something tidy in the post.
I make that project for my personal use, as I like to give to a beautifull 3D model a good texture, but hope that it could interest some of you.

US NAVY

USS Colorado

in game

USS Northampton

In game 1930 version

Stay tuned
flush deck is offline   Reply With Quote