SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-24-19, 08:11 AM   #1906
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Looking forward to the United v City match tonight as no doubt Klopp will be.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-19, 08:18 AM   #1907
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

The first time in years I'll be pulling for United.

It really comes down to this, because the rest of City's run-in is easily manageable.

United should be so embarrassed by their last match they have to come out firing.

I predict City 5-0 and Liverpool lose the title by a point.
Old 04-24-19, 08:27 AM   #1908
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

I'd like to see TOON crush Liverpools title ambitions when they meet but we are all allowed to dream I suppose

Old 04-24-19, 08:38 AM   #1909
Cyborg322
Scurvy Dog of the Deep

Downloads: 370

Paul Merson is predicting Manchester City will thrash Manchester United 4-0 at Old Trafford on Wednesday night.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/24/manch...3/?ito=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

I seriously doubt that Everton was a bad hair day fiasco but Man U will bounce back or I'll eat my hat V
Old 04-24-19, 08:40 AM   #1910
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

I reckon the honeymoon is over for Solskjær and a top four finish will be too big an ask.

Old 04-24-19, 10:24 AM   #1911
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I'd like to see TOON crush Liverpools title ambitions when they meet but we are all allowed to dream I suppose

Understandable, and I would expect nothing less. And there's the Rafa factor, and he'll be especially keen for that one I reckon. That match is exactly the sort Liverpool have tripped over, this season too.

Liverpool can afford no dropped points, and need City to. Today, please.

As for Solskjaer... I said at the time he was made permanent that United did so too soon. His early success I think was due to the ABM factor, Anyone But Mourinho.

Too much is made of the United Way, and they sing and chirp about hiring someone who 'knows United'. How about a good manager instead? Maybe he will prove to be one, but sorting out the mess that is their roster is a tall order. Is he tactically astute enough to steer United through tough matches? Does he have the man management skills required? Can he spot a bargain? Can he evaluate talent? Can he navigate knockout tournaments?

Or does none of that matter as long as he knows the boot room attendant by first name? He is already sending up smoke signals about needing a new team. But who wants to come and join this mess? They are going to miss CL qualification most likely. Not an attractive destination at the moment.

United are on the precipice of becoming Liverpool 20 years ago. Woodward needs to be fired ASAP. Or relegated to the business side of the club, and leave the sporting side to someone else. Their signings over the past few windows scream of panic and incompetence. Sanchez hangs over the club as the shining example of their recent transfer policy. Substandard players, high wage bill, discontent is what they have bought for their hundreds of millions.

Now, few things in life please me more than United in turmoil, so I hope that all this goes unheeded and they plunge in to the depths of mid-table, all the while paying Sanchez obscene amounts of money to run around on the pitch occasionally.
Old 04-24-19, 10:28 AM   #1912
Cyborg322
Scurvy Dog of the Deep

Downloads: 370

Default Manchester Derby

Any predictions for MU v MC ? I can see it being a scrappy game 2-1 2-2 but I've ordered a spare hat just in case 3hrs 29mins to kick off. I'll be back as Arnold says

Old 04-24-19, 10:38 AM   #1913
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

I predicted 5-0 City, but I need a United win.

Lukaku will miss two sitters and do little else of note. Haven't seen the team sheets, maybe he's on the bench. Should be, if United are serious about getting something out of it.

This is the sort of match that will reveal something about United's prospects under Solksjaer. If they get smoked it doesn't look good for the future. Derby match coming off an embarrassing display. Should be interesting. Is there a possibility they could both lose this match? That would be the proper outcome.
Old 04-24-19, 12:13 PM   #1914
Von Due
Sea Lord

Downloads: 30

I guess the Man Utd fans will be foaming from their mouths later demanding quite a few public executions. Lukaku consistently being outpaced by the tortoise, couldn't hit the ball if it was glued to his boots, Sanchez the Dennis the Menace, the other team's 12th man, Young trying his best to impress Sanchez, Pogba being Pogba instead of someone at least pretending to care, Jones busy thinking up another intimidating face, and youngsters who do look like they do care, working their ar**s off in blissful abandon... It will be some loooong weeks for Ole before the break.
Von Due is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-19, 12:54 PM   #1915
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Haha great post Von Due, Jones thinking up faces
Rashford is quality, that gif above notwithstanding. What the hell is that anyway? Is he looking at me? City? Liverpool? And why does he return at the end to his own eyes.

He is looking at me, looking at him? Not clear.

De Gea is class, or was until the second half of this season. He must still be right? He'll come good. Maybe a new adventure is what he needs.

Dalot? He might turn in to a top fullback. Young still, so I don't know. Shaw's had a good year. Pogba shows flashes, but maybe too rarely in a United shirt.

Other than that, who on this United team is a top player? Would any other player walk in to a top four Premier League team? How do you spend all of that money but need to make sweeping changes? Woodward.
Old 04-24-19, 01:20 PM   #1916
Von Due
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threadfin View Post
Haha great post Von Due, Jones thinking up faces
Rashford is quality, that gif above notwithstanding. What the hell is that anyway? Is he looking at me? City? Liverpool? And why does he return at the end to his own eyes.

He is looking at me, looking at him? Not clear.

De Gea is class, or was until the second half of this season. He must still be right? He'll come good. Maybe a new adventure is what he needs.

Dalot? He might turn in to a top fullback. Young still, so I don't know. Shaw's had a good year. Pogba shows flashes, but maybe too rarely in a United shirt.

Other than that, who on this United team is a top player? Would any other player walk in to a top four Premier League team? How do you spend all of that money but need to make sweeping changes? Woodward.

I swear, that guy looks like he has a perpetual hernia. He really ought to see a doctor about that. Rashford is eager and genuine, I'll give him that but quality? Not sure. For a mid-table team sure but not for a team wanting it all. Dalot same. A few moments then where did he go? De Gea is class and so is Shaw but a poor team will make good players look like clowns too.

Honestly, for Man Utd fans, look to your women's team for spirit. They are doing pretty good! For the main team and their U18, looks to me someone (Woodward, Glazers, I'm looking at you), decided to settle on mediocrecy and mercs sales for profit and insane decisions (Sanchez more than any other). I wonder if Woodward is a City lad or just plain inept/mad.
Old 04-24-19, 01:44 PM   #1917
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

I think Rashford has the goods. If I were United manager (perish the thought) I would start him alone up front. Lukaku goes to the bench until I find someone to buy him while I supplement half of his wages for the honor. Give Rashford a run as a center forward so you know what you've got.

I understand United feel the need to play Lukaku partly due to his cost and partly due to the fact he has hit the heights before. But he doesn't do it for United. Four games left, you know what you have in him. Let Rashford play up top and then go from there at season's end.

Aside from goalkeeper I can't think of a position where United don't need strengthening. Smalling and Lindelof cannot be the starting central pair in a team with title aspirations. Lingard's been a better player than I thought he would be. Maybe McTomminay will be too. Matic was bought three years too late.

And a word about Sanchez.... he's been a hugely expensive flop, but I didn't predict that. I thought he would do what he's always done. Run hard and pop up with goals. He still runs hard...

United's mistake was paying him so much. If it doesn't work out you're left with no market, unless you want to pay him while he plays for someone else. Or hope PSG want him.

Last edited by Threadfin; 04-24-19 at 02:02 PM.
Threadfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-19, 02:04 PM   #1918
Von Due
Sea Lord

MacTomminay has the spirit but unfortunately for him and the team, it's all hard work resulting in very little. With time, maybe...

One thing seems true. Man Utd lowered the standard for what is good enough. The 11 they have to pick today should be singing halleluja if they were put on the bench 30 years ago. What passes for good enough now is not good enough for any team wanting to go places. That is on the owners and the board/chairman. I don't particularely care for Man Utd but I don't loathe them or anything, unless they go out on the pitch not giving a damn. Old supporters giving their last shirt for a season ticket doing so for the last 60 years and this is what they get? For the sake of football, I sure hope to see some changes in that club. Top down changes.
Old 04-24-19, 02:50 PM   #1919
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

A draw works for me.

Arsenal are leaving the door open for United, if they manage a win, and Wolves continue to spank the Gunners, United'll be fifth with three to play, trailing Chelsea on goal difference. It's all to play for.
Old 04-24-19, 03:15 PM   #1920
Von Due
Sea Lord

Here we go...

Tags
british football