SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-28-13, 10:37 AM   #2056
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echolot View Post
Please, one more question: With every new version I need to create a folder, name it and extract the files to it. Would it be possible to change the patchers download zip file to TDW_GenericPatcher_v_x_x_xxx_x.zip/TDW_GenericPatcher_v_x_x_xxx_x/GenericPatcher.exe?
Sure I can do that
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-13, 10:59 AM   #2057
Echolot
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 567
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Sure I can do that
Thank you.

When I first launch the app the option to backup files is greyed out. I can make a backup after I select the path to sh5.exe, opened and patched (new sections, file size) so the backuped files are not the stock ones.

Would it be possible: Run the app > File > Backup > Select path to sh5 install folder (preselected the path from registry) > then backup the stock unchanged files?

After doing this I could select File > Open > then open and patch the files.

We wouldn't need to backup our files or enable as mod. The app would backup our files (maybe in Silent Hunter 5/Backups, if one delete the patchers folder for new version).
Echolot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-13, 11:15 AM   #2058
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
When I first launch the app the option to backup files is greyed out. I can make a backup after I select the path to sh5.exe, opened and patched (new sections, file size) so the backuped files are not the stock ones.

Would it be possible: Run the app > File > Backup > Select path to sh5 install folder (preselected the path from registry) > then backup the stock unchanged files?

After doing this I could select File > Open > then open and patch the files.

We wouldn't need to backup our files or enable as mod. The app would backup our files (maybe in Silent Hunter 5/Backups, if one delete the patchers folder for new version).
I guess I don't understand At first the Backup and Restore menu entries are greyed out correct. They are greyed out because there are no patch files loaded and thus the app has no idea which files to use. Once the patch files are loaded the app knows the files in use via the [FILE] header File= entry in each .s5p file. I'm keeping this app generic and thus the only way it knows which files to use are from reading the patch files.

Now once the patch files are loaded you could:
- take a snapshot to record your current patches enabled/disabled
- click Disable all patches (File-->Disable all patches)
- click File-->Backup to backup all your files
- restore from snapshot
Old 05-28-13, 11:22 AM   #2059
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
I guess I don't understand
I think Echolot meant that when we become able to backup files, these files are already not stock files - increased size and new sections..
On the other hand my files for a long time not stock.. and everything works just fine..

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-13, 11:42 AM   #2060
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
I think Echolot meant that when we become able to backup files, these files are already not stock files - increased size and new sections..
On the other hand my files for a long time not stock.. and everything works just fine..
I see Have to think about how to handle that one. The app needs to stay generic...

I've added a new entry to each Patch file's Patch entry: Group=. This will allow patches to be grouped together. If this entry is blank then the patch is not grouped to anything. I added a Torpedoes group to the SHSim patch file's patches:

Right clicking any group will give you the options to Enable all patches or Disable all patches.
Old 05-28-13, 11:54 AM   #2061
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
I've added a new entry to each Patch file's Patch entry: Group=. This will allow patches to be grouped together. If this entry is blank then the patch is not grouped to anything. I added a Torpedoes group to the SHSim patch file's patches:
Right clicking any group will give you the options to Enable all patches or Disable all patches.
Good news

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
Old 05-28-13, 12:23 PM   #2062
Txema
中国水兵

Downloads: 365

Quote:

Very useful !!!

Txema
Txema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-13, 12:45 PM   #2063
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

v1.0.109.0 released. See post #1

Starting with v1.0.109.0 Added the ability to define help files. With each language pack folder there is a folder named Help. Simply placing help files in this folder will cause the app to display them in a listbox to the user when Help is pressed. Then when user clicks any entry in this listbox the user's OS will open the file using the application defined for the file's extension. Added 2 new entries to the existing language packs: 30 and 1513. Added a new entry to each Patch file's Patches: Group=. This new entry will allow patches to be placed into groups. All the torpedoe patches in SHSim have been placed in the Torpedoes group. Added Volodya61's help file to the Russian language pack's Help folder (though it won't display until someone sends me a Russian language pack!)

Old 05-28-13, 12:59 PM   #2064
Echolot
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
The app needs to stay generic...
I have not thought of.

Quote:

Starting with v1.0.109.0 Added the ability to define help files.
Thank you. Currently working on the german translation.

Regards.

Echolot.
Old 05-28-13, 01:31 PM   #2065
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Thanks

I'll send you new version of the manual (for v1.0.109) later

Old 05-28-13, 01:35 PM   #2066
Echolot
Seasoned Skipper

Now we have TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_109_0.zip\TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_109_0\TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_109_0\?

Now it is one too many (folders).

When I click Help and there is no document in the help folder of the current selected language the app crashes (Unhandled Exception, object name: SelectHelp).

Maybe you can put the release notes/version history/changelogs in there to avoid the error message.

Can the folder LanguagePacks/German renamed to Deutsch by default?

Last edited by Echolot; 05-28-13 at 01:56 PM.
Old 05-28-13, 03:43 PM   #2067
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Now we have TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_109_0.zip\TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_109_0\TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_109_0\?

Now it is one too many (folders).

When I click Help and there is no document in the help folder of the current selected language the app crashes (Unhandled Exception, object name: SelectHelp).

Maybe you can put the release notes/version history/changelogs in there to avoid the error message.

Can the folder LanguagePacks/German renamed to Deutsch by default?
The error message was because I forgot to set the Enabled property of the Help menu item to False in the developer With it set to False it's always disabled when you start the app and only if the conditions are right is it enabled. By not setting it to False it was letting it be enabled thus causing an error because the conditions were not right for it to be enabled. I've fixed this now

language packs can be named anything you want. I just put some arbitrary ones in there for testing. I'll rename the German one to Deutsch.
Old 05-28-13, 03:56 PM   #2068
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

v1.0.110.0 released. See post #1

Starting with v1.0.110.0 Fixed bug in Help menu item. Those language packs that are missing are set to English language pack.
Old 05-28-13, 04:13 PM   #2069
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

What about these ?
Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\data\3\osis\13
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-13, 04:39 PM   #2070
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
What about these ?
Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\data\3\osis\13
that looks interesting...what about them?