Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-16-14, 09:58 AM   #16
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shkval View Post
One more thing... this whole thing doesn't work for Kilo class... they don't have towed array and their sensors are pretty weak... you'll have to use the "old fashion" way of periscope observing...
Mmmmmmm it still works, as long as you can hear the enemy. Kilo is also so damn quiet so if no ones pinging you, you can just wait and listen. It's the same principle no matter what sensor you're using. I actually prefer making solutions on the spherical/cylindrical and conformal. You get the weird towed LOBs when the towed is straightening out after a turn.

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-14, 10:45 AM   #17
Polak2
Weps

Downloads: 60
Uploads: 0

I watched some of the basic tutorials with great interest.

Thank you for all tutorials and I hope and suggest that they would continue through all platforms included in the simulation. I realize how much time that could take and in actuality have already taken for all videos published. Great advantage here is that they are much easier to understand and assimilate at first, than written manuals.

The biggest obstacle and often turn off for the newcomers is steep learning curve this sim requires from the user. So anything to make it easier even at basic level is most welcomed and appreciated.
Polak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-14, 01:12 PM   #18
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polak2 View Post
I watched some of the basic tutorials with great interest.

Thank you for all tutorials and I hope and suggest that they would continue through all platforms included in the simulation. I realize how much time that could take and in actuality have already taken for all videos published. Great advantage here is that they are much easier to understand and assimilate at first, than written manuals.

The biggest obstacle and often turn off for the newcomers is steep learning curve this sim requires from the user. So anything to make it easier even at basic level is most welcomed and appreciated.
Thanks so much! Glad it's helping. My plan is to cover all platforms, yes.

My videos:
Old 06-05-14, 03:33 PM   #19
Polak2
Weps

Default Dangerous Waters Tutorial 8: Cumulative 1/2

Again , thank you for continuation of your tutorials. Just saw Dangerous Waters Tutorial 8: Cumulative 1/2 and I tell you that, for inexperienced person, this explains tactical procedures much better than a manual. There is so much there that just reading about could put you to bed. Please keep and when can we expect part 2.
The only platform I figured on my own to certain degree was a Sea-hawk, so there is a lot to cover. P3 hunting tactics would be something of interest for me next, or soon. Thanks
Old 06-05-14, 04:39 PM   #20
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Quote:
Again , thank you for continuation of your tutorials. Just saw Dangerous Waters Tutorial 8: Cumulative 1/2 and I tell you that, for inexperienced person, this explains tactical procedures much better than a manual. There is so much there that just reading about could put you to bed. Please keep and when can we expect part 2.
The only platform I figured on my own to certain degree was a Sea-hawk, so there is a lot to cover. P3 hunting tactics would be something of interest for me next, or soon. Thanks
My plan is Part 2 this Sunday and then I'm going to also going to make videos showing the differences from the Los Angeles in the Akula, Seawolf, and Kilo this Sunday, also.

My videos:
Old 06-05-14, 04:49 PM   #21
banryu79
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 82
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPSchazly View Post
My plan is Part 2 this Sunday and then I'm going to also going to make videos showing the differences from the Los Angeles in the Akula, Seawolf, and Kilo this Sunday, also.
Can't wait for these...
Thank you FPSchazly, the material you produce is great!
banryu79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-14, 06:50 AM   #22
tirta
Seaman

Downloads: 50

FPSchazly,

thanks a lot for the new tutorials.
they are awesome, I really like them.

I am looking forward for more.
tirta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-14, 03:29 PM   #23
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by banryu79 View Post
Can't wait for these...
Thank you FPSchazly, the material you produce is great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tirta View Post
FPSchazly,

thanks a lot for the new tutorials.
they are awesome, I really like them.

I am looking forward for more.
Glad my videos have been some help!

My videos:
Old 06-11-14, 03:18 AM   #24
banryu79
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 82
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Glad my videos have been some help!
I watched the "Cumulative" ones yesterday evening: pretty high quality tutorials, you are very good at it, imo.
DW wannabes are lucky you are feeling so passionate about the game; your videos deserves better visibility, imo.
banryu79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-14, 03:18 PM   #25
Polak2
Weps

Quote:
I watched the "Cumulative" ones yesterday evening: pretty high quality tutorials, you are very good at it, imo.
DW wannabes are lucky you are feeling so passionate about the game; your videos deserves better visibility, imo.
I entirely agree that those "cumulative" tutorials are done with great skill and good narrative. Thank you and keep them coming. It shows true aspect and character of submarine warfare in DW as being underwater chess game.
Perhaps for the complete beginners it maybe little overpowering, but for someone with knowledge of basics it is interesting to see what is the complex sequence of identifying, eliminating collateral traffic and tracking and killing right targets.
Looking forward to see similar tutorials for other platforms.
Old 06-12-14, 07:19 AM   #26
scott613
Mate

Downloads: 37

Hey - nice tutorial... ET1/SS - Battle Stations "Geo Plot" 85-91...

Regards,
Scott
USS Flasher (SSN-613)
1985-1991
scott613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-14, 11:22 AM   #27
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by banryu79 View Post
Quote:
I entirely agree that those "cumulative" tutorials are done with great skill and good narrative. Thank you and keep them coming. It shows true aspect and character of submarine warfare in DW as being underwater chess game.
Perhaps for the complete beginners it maybe little overpowering, but for someone with knowledge of basics it is interesting to see what is the complex sequence of identifying, eliminating collateral traffic and tracking and killing right targets.
Looking forward to see similar tutorials for other platforms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott613 View Post
Hey - nice tutorial... ET1/SS - Battle Stations "Geo Plot" 85-91...

Regards,
Scott
Thanks so much, everyone!

My videos:
Old 06-15-14, 06:54 PM   #28
in_vino_vomitus
XO

Downloads: 137

What I like about these vids is that every time I watch them, something clicks that I'd missed before. Also I like the informal commentary style. Don't take this the wrong way - You obviously know what you're doing, but sometimes you sound like an absent minded professor - e.g.

"Ok - so this contact here is an Akula and he's really moving - and then we have a cruise ship and a freighter and wow! the sea state is really ridiculous - Ok - anyway so let's look at how fast the freighter's moving - Oh my gosh it's really close - and is that another hostile submarine? - Anyway, this is how we use the DEMON....."

I have visions of a first officer in the control room trying to catch your attention - "Er.. Sir? If we could just get back to the Akula? You know, the big deadly thing that's looking for us too?..."

First rate work anyway - Thanks for taking the time
1.5 Optical Targeting Correction 031312 for TMO 2.5
1.5 OTC Realistic Scopes for TMO
TheDarkWraith_DC_Water_Disturbance_v2_0_SH4
Improved Stock environment v3_TMO&RFB
TMO_Alt_engine-sounds
TMO_Alternate_JS_Radar_performance
TMO17_19_different_smoke
in_vino_vomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-14, 07:13 PM   #29
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_vino_vomitus View Post
What I like about these vids is that every time I watch them, something clicks that I'd missed before. Also I like the informal commentary style. Don't take this the wrong way - You obviously know what you're doing, but sometimes you sound like an absent minded professor - e.g.

"Ok - so this contact here is an Akula and he's really moving - and then we have a cruise ship and a freighter and wow! the sea state is really ridiculous - Ok - anyway so let's look at how fast the freighter's moving - Oh my gosh it's really close - and is that another hostile submarine? - Anyway, this is how we use the DEMON....."

I have visions of a first officer in the control room trying to catch your attention - "Er.. Sir? If we could just get back to the Akula? You know, the big deadly thing that's looking for us too?..."

First rate work anyway - Thanks for taking the time
Haha, yeah definitely. That's something that just comes with knowing a lot, so I'll try my best to keep that from happening. I gotta remember I can edit out dead space in post so I should just take a breath at a situation like that and figure out how I want to present my thoughts.

My videos:
Old 06-16-14, 12:24 AM   #30
in_vino_vomitus
XO

Downloads: 137

Quote:
Haha, yeah definitely. That's something that just comes with knowing a lot, so I'll try my best to keep that from happening. I gotta remember I can edit out dead space in post so I should just take a breath at a situation like that and figure out how I want to present my thoughts.
No - please don't. In case it didn't come across, I like the "stream of consciousness" style that you have - Especially since I tend to get target fixated and miss stuff, so it's a good reminder to stay aware of the complete picture - but mostly it's fun to listen to - I have to say though, if you feel like doing requests I'd dearly love some guidance on sorting out contact ambiguities on the FFG's Towed array....
1.5 Optical Targeting Correction 031312 for TMO 2.5
1.5 OTC Realistic Scopes for TMO
TheDarkWraith_DC_Water_Disturbance_v2_0_SH4
Improved Stock environment v3_TMO&RFB
TMO_Alt_engine-sounds
TMO_Alternate_JS_Radar_performance
TMO17_19_different_smoke
in_vino_vomitus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dangerous waters tutorial, how to, target motion analysis, tma