SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-23-07, 06:50 PM   #16
Killjoy
Seaman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Can I get some cliffs?
Killjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-07, 06:52 PM   #17
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
The screenshots we saw on the SH4 website are a joke they have to have been modified to the point where they should no longer be called a screenshot. I'm very upset with the UBI for falsly presenting the screenshots and vids as being actual in game footage.
No, the screenshots arent edited, they just used very high resolution when they took the shots. The bigger the res, the harder the jaggies etc. are to spot.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-07, 06:55 PM   #18
Godalmighty83
Sonar Guy

i haven't played much of sh4 yet but to me so far it is disappointing-

the hud layout is bland/confusing. apparently there is a mod to show when a icon is 'on' by turning it green which should help.

the torpedo controls seem downgraded from sh3, or maybe i simply havent got used to it yet. have yet to find the screen for adjusting depth, impact/magnetic or salvo/single shot options.

there doesnt seem to be any details in game eg. on choosing torps the game never states the difference between mk's or the difference between the subs. sh3 had a very nice detail system concise and too the point.

the crew layout is a whole heap of naff and is made worse by sailors randomly dying if you dont maintain a constant watch on them. i thought they were meant to be more intelligent this time around.

why does that bloody chronometer keep popping up in the middle of the screen????

the navigation tools are far too big and ugly as they use up the bottom left corner of the screen.

should a sub suffer insta-destruction when approaching crush depth? losing every system on board within 2 seconds of getting the 'approaching crush-depth' warning seems a might harsh.

big ugly map icons.

very restricted views on the inside of the sub's.

the torp fire button is still just 'enter', i can see the same issue of sh3 of hitting tc+ just to fire a torp.

there seems to be some invincible ships floating around a jap dd is still sailing around me despite 7 torp hits.

some settings seem to reset themselves as you go, iam having a argument at the moment with the 'unlimited oxygen' option as to wether it should be on or off. the c02 guage itself seems to be staggered in use.

if someone could mod the whole interface back into sh3's that would be perfect i feel like the game is giving me no feedback on choices.
Old 03-23-07, 07:03 PM   #19
highkoo
Seaman

And let there voices be heard
highkoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-07, 07:47 AM   #20
Kingcobra24
Soundman

I'm not one to say "I told you so", but even before SH4 came out...when it was in its early stages of development....I stated that Ubisoft has a bad reputation of pushing out games that aren't even good enough to classify as BETA. The name of the game is money. They put as much as they can into the game by a certain date then ship it...untested....bug-filled...and a poor definition of a simulation. Ubisoft is the ONLY one that I've purchased games from that have been so poorly thought out and implimented. Other companies have pushed out games that worked...everything worked...no glitches that required 2, 3, 4 or more patches to correct the problems that they didn't see because they didn't want to waste time looking for and correcting all the faults.
I waited over a year before I bought SH3, and got it for $14.95. This way, all the patches that Ubisoft decided to push out had been available, and the Mod people had come up with additions and add-ons to make immersion more intense and wonderful. but, even with Ubisofts less than stellar reputation, everyone goes out and before anyone had even seen the game, even before it's even available for purchase, everyone goes out and plunks down between $50 to $100 for a GAME. They see a few pretty pictures labeled as screenshots, and are flabbergasted and start pulling out their credit cards. The company is in the business to make money, so naturally they're not going to show you stock screenshots of the ghost crews, unflattering pictures showing the poor graphics due to having no AA, or anything else that emphasize the glitches and bugs. They're going to show you the few GOOD shots to make people go OOOOO, and AAAAAHHHHHH, and part with their hard earned money.
Depending on what Ubi and the Modders do with SH4, IF I decide to purchase it, it'll be when all the patches have been developed, tested, and the patches don't add to the bugs. It'll be after the modders have put out as many add-ons as they've done with SH3. It'll be in AT LEAST a year from now, when the price goes down to about $15 to $20!
Let the buyer(s) beware.
Old 03-24-07, 08:40 AM   #21
codmander
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 59

lol man glad I saved my $$ get the names of these game devoplers and make sure they are not included in sh5 -too busy getting laid- to work on the sim or something anyhow they totally went backward with no crew interaction
codmander is offline   Reply With Quote