SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-04-13, 07:50 AM   #811
lesec74
Ensign

Downloads: 259
Uploads: 0

hello and another question:

where is the recognition manual?
thanks
lesec74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-13, 11:17 AM   #812
GT182
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 658

1. Make sure you have your mouse set to turn the periscope. Line up and Lock On to the on-coming target. The XO will say he's following your Target.

2. Now Break Lock. . Click #1 to Turn TDC On.
Now lock on to your target again. The recognition manual will now show and you will see your target. Figure out what type it is if you can, and look to see what it's Draft is. Remember it.

3. Now Break Lock and click on #1 to turn off the TDC. TDC On should now show... this is TDC Off. Go back and line up your shot before your fire the torpedo you've selected. If you leave TDC On on you've just wasted a torpedo, as it will not follow thru to the target you selected.

No Borders, No Language, No Culture =s No Country

I'm a Deplorable, and proud of it.
GT182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-13, 01:27 PM   #813
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
If you leave TDC On on you've just wasted a torpedo, as it will not follow thru to the target you selected.
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-13, 05:56 PM   #814
fraforno
Swabbie

Downloads: 30
How do I set up a fast 90 with parts magui?

Hello and congrats for this awesome mod! I'm loving it but I just cannot figure out how to set up a fast 90 attack with your mod.

Previously, I used to sit at a 90 degree angle from the predicted target course and at a known distance from such course; then I keyed in the TDC this distance as range, the speed of the target and an AoB of 90 degrees; finally I adjusted the bearing in the TDC till the gyroangle read 0, and waited. When the target came to such bearing, I fired the torpedo and I expected to hit it as it passed accross my bow.

With your mod, every time I change the bearing, it changes the AoB too and I just cannot figure out how to zero-out the gyroangle like I used to. Also, I have an hard time understanding what the gauge on the left of the AoB indicator in the periscope or UZO view is: it looks like one of the two gyroangle gauges but it behaves differently.

Thank you for your help and suggestions, I am surely doing something wrong here but I cannot get on top of it.
fraforno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-13, 07:55 AM   #815
lesec74
Ensign

hello,

I have to recon an harbour in the UAS but I don't know how to use the camera?

please help
Old 01-09-13, 04:17 PM   #816
DrJones
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 341

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraforno View Post
Hello and congrats for this awesome mod! I'm loving it but I just cannot figure out how to set up a fast 90 attack with your mod.

Previously, I used to sit at a 90 degree angle from the predicted target course and at a known distance from such course; then I keyed in the TDC this distance as range, the speed of the target and an AoB of 90 degrees; finally I adjusted the bearing in the TDC till the gyroangle read 0, and waited. When the target came to such bearing, I fired the torpedo and I expected to hit it as it passed accross my bow.

With your mod, every time I change the bearing, it changes the AoB too and I just cannot figure out how to zero-out the gyroangle like I used to. Also, I have an hard time understanding what the gauge on the left of the AoB indicator in the periscope or UZO view is: it looks like one of the two gyroangle gauges but it behaves differently.

Thank you for your help and suggestions, I am surely doing something wrong here but I cannot get on top of it.
Hey Mate,

thank you to point me on that..i will have a look at this one next weekend. hope i will find some time..

best Regards

DrJones
DrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-13, 04:19 PM   #817
DrJones
Samurai Navy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesec74 View Post
hello,

I have to recon an harbour in the UAS but I don't know how to use the camera?

please help
Hey Mate,

as i see you mean to take photos....i still forgot to implement it as i removed the buttons out of the view os the scopes...i will implement it in the next update...thank you very much to point me n that.

Best Regards

DrJones
Old 01-11-13, 04:27 PM   #818
lesec74
Ensign

hello Dr jones

Do you think that it's possible that the navigator gives us latitude and longitude coordonates with your UI?
thanks for answer
Old 01-11-13, 05:21 PM   #819
DrJones
Samurai Navy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesec74 View Post
hello Dr jones

Do you think that it's possible that the navigator gives us latitude and longitude coordonates with your UI?
thanks for answer
Hey Mate,

that is an idea that will be realized, when i start to implement something like real navigation

Best Regards

DrJones
Old 01-12-13, 02:07 PM   #820
fraforno
Swabbie

Downloads: 30

Quote:
every time I change the bearing, it changes the AoB too
After a little research, i think that this is normal and just didn't notice it before using your mod... sorry about that!
fraforno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-13, 05:25 AM   #821
DrJones
Samurai Navy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraforno View Post
After a little research, i think that this is normal and just didn't notice it before using your mod... sorry about that!

Hey Mate,

you don't have too excuse yourself...we are all still leanring and improving. every hint or tip what may not correct is helpfull...

Best Reagards

DrJones
Old 01-26-13, 06:39 PM   #822
MiBao
Nub

Downloads: 29
Default Travelmode

Hi DrJones,

First of all thanks for all the effort you are putting in this mod. I played SH5 when it came out for a while but stoped for over a year and a half and now I am finding my way back into it. TDW UI is great and I played it a bit and now I found yours and I think yours is providing a bit more feel or flair to it. I think it is like with scale models of planes, when they look like new and shiny out of the box they just dont look and feel right. It is the cracks and dirt and Oil streaks that make the model alive. I hope you will find the time to finish this mod as you intend it (if there ever will be an end to these things )

But right now I am trying to go through the Nord-Ostsee Kanal and I am stuck in the 8x time compression. I can not find the button to change the travelmode to be able to increase the compression. Can you or somebody help me out please.

Thanks.

MiBao
MiBao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-13, 12:39 AM   #823
Captain73
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Replenishment in the ranks of the U-Bootwaffe!
Welcome MiBao to the SUBSIM!
Old 01-27-13, 04:33 AM   #824
DrJones
Samurai Navy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiBao View Post
Hi DrJones,

First of all thanks for all the effort you are putting in this mod. I played SH5 when it came out for a while but stoped for over a year and a half and now I am finding my way back into it. TDW UI is great and I played it a bit and now I found yours and I think yours is providing a bit more feel or flair to it. I think it is like with scale models of planes, when they look like new and shiny out of the box they just dont look and feel right. It is the cracks and dirt and Oil streaks that make the model alive. I hope you will find the time to finish this mod as you intend it (if there ever will be an end to these things )

But right now I am trying to go through the Nord-Ostsee Kanal and I am stuck in the 8x time compression. I can not find the button to change the travelmode to be able to increase the compression. Can you or somebody help me out please.

Thanks.

MiBao

Hey Mate,

thank you very much....yes thats a point i have just forgotten...i will the Option in my next update...i also fogot to implement a way to take photos...

....i also found some errors wich will be removed in the next update...

coming soon..

best Regards

DrJones
Old 01-28-13, 12:07 PM   #825
MiBao
Nub

Downloads: 29

Thought that might be the case, but anyway keep us posted how your next update is coming along.
I am looking forward to it.

Until then
MiBao is offline   Reply With Quote