SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-25-17, 07:14 AM   #1
Ironslayer
Swabbie

Downloads: 62
Uploads: 0
Default SHIII Crashes

Hi all hope your all good,now been a while since I spoke on the forum, life just gets in the way. Right, Iv,e just started playing SHIII again via SF3, and it keeps crashing out on me, was all fine and dandy before but now, all loads up and stuff but when I go to load a save it just says SHIII has stopped working. Even if I run the unmodded stock version it crashes. All worked fine before. No changes have been made. Op system Win 7 64, Nvidia GTX 260, 6 gig of ram.
Thanks in advance for suggestions
Ironslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-17, 01:04 PM   #2
Fanuboat
Torpedoman

Downloads: 51
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironslayer View Post
Hi all hope your all good,now been a while since I spoke on the forum, life just gets in the way. Right, Iv,e just started playing SHIII again via SF3, and it keeps crashing out on me, was all fine and dandy before but now, all loads up and stuff but when I go to load a save it just says SHIII has stopped working. Even if I run the unmodded stock version it crashes. All worked fine before. No changes have been made. Op system Win 7 64, Nvidia GTX 260, 6 gig of ram.
Thanks in advance for suggestions

Its a stock problem, i mean about the corrupt save.
Save cause problem in SH III, with or without mod.

Thats why i follow the advice from Silent Hunter III yt channel now.
>>> Never save .........................

Otherwise it could be a mod conflict and stuff, but you said everything worked fine before so, just to let you know that save can destroy your whole carreer and that this is a stock problem.

Try loading up an old save or finished patrol and see if it works, but you will still have this save problem in the futur so really....
Never save.
Fanuboat is offline   Reply With Quote