SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-10-09, 09:31 PM   #931
runningdeer
Frogman

Downloads: 142
Uploads: 1

Ok...I have a folder that I created for all MODs, then from there I place them in JSGME MODs folder if I want to use them. So...I went there and made sure both cont/dash lines were deleted there too, and they are.

So I'm still stuck. Could it be something else that I'm doing or not doing?

Thank you.
runningdeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-09, 03:18 AM   #932
Capt. Shark Bait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningdeer
Ok...I have a folder that I created for all MODs, then from there I place them in JSGME MODs folder if I want to use them. So...I went there and made sure both cont/dash lines were deleted there too, and they are.

So I'm still stuck. Could it be something else that I'm doing or not doing?

Thank you.
no, no, not the mods folder related to jsgme, but the main one where all the other game crap lives and is now laffing at you

Corsair Vengeance M70; ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z; FX 8350; Asus 7870; Samsung SyncMaster 2243SWX; coolmax CUG950B 950w psu; 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3; Corsair M4 SSD 128GB, WD 1TB; x18 DVR212D; 7SP1
Capt. Shark Bait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-09, 07:26 AM   #933
runningdeer
Frogman

Default Doy!

Ahhhh ha!

Thanx for your help guys.

Stupid stupid stupid!

That fixed it.
Old 02-11-09, 08:53 AM   #934
cgjimeneza
Captain

Downloads: 145
Default disable before deleting folder

Quote:
Ahhhh ha!

Thanx for your help guys.

Stupid stupid stupid!

That fixed it.
the point is, for your way to work the mod must be inactive... then you can delete the relevant data and re-enable the mod.

"Left on their own, engineers can be dangerous"
cgjimeneza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-09, 02:14 PM   #935
runningdeer
Frogman

Default realism game settings

I'm using the latest TMO, 1.6.3, with Captain America's HUD mod. Both mods are incredible and have made my recent SH4 experience terrific. However, I am a casual gamer and there are just a couple of things that are making it a bit difficult for me.

Unlike the previous TMO that I had, I cannot seem to adjust the games realism settings so that I have unlimited fuel, compressed air, battery, etc.

When I adjust these settings from options, and save...it seems to revert back, because when in-game, I am using fuel and so on. Is it me or is this something new in this latest TMO v1.6.3?

Forgive my ignorance if I missed something in the FAQ's for TMO.

Thank you for your time.
Old 02-11-09, 05:15 PM   #936
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

Quote:
I'm using the latest TMO, 1.6.3, with Captain America's HUD mod. Both mods are incredible and have made my recent SH4 experience terrific. However, I am a casual gamer and there are just a couple of things that are making it a bit difficult for me.

Unlike the previous TMO that I had, I cannot seem to adjust the games realism settings so that I have unlimited fuel, compressed air, battery, etc.

When I adjust these settings from options, and save...it seems to revert back, because when in-game, I am using fuel and so on. Is it me or is this something new in this latest TMO v1.6.3?

Forgive my ignorance if I missed something in the FAQ's for TMO.

Thank you for your time.
When at the "office" just prior to launching your career, the sub will be sitting on the desk, OK. Mouse to the left ... see the bookcase....click on the radio and your there.

Happy Hunting!

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-09, 06:44 PM   #937
runningdeer
Frogman

I had not tried that .

This is great because I really wanted to run TMO 1.6.3 with the HUD mod from Captain America. I don't like to run a whole mess of MODs. TMO has everything I need. This should be my best career yet.

You guys have been a lot of help and I appreciate it...thank you.

~~
Old 02-11-09, 07:35 PM   #938
donut
The Old Man

Downloads: 10
If contact has Eng.stoped you won't get passive return

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcards
First of all, thx alot for this awesome collation of mods in a single installation.
TMO, for me...Its the best mod out there.

I'm having a problem tho, my hydrophone is having a mind of its own.
When I take manual control of it, it doesn't always work.

When I ask for a sound contact report, the will tell me there is a ship. I can confirm it through my scope. But when I listen for my self, there is nothing besides my own engine noise. No indicators light up, no nothing.

Full stop, and dive to 100feet or more, doesn't change a thing.

This a bug of some kind caused by TMO? for its the only mod I'm running after a fresh install/patch. If so, there a fix or a work around?
donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-09, 07:54 PM   #939
donut
The Old Man

Downloads: 10
I had trouble w/this also

Quote:
Originally Posted by thyro
Please could someone fix the auto-target (torp deep) unless it was done on purpose...

But all torps pass under all ships unless is corrected manually everytime the lock is aquired - it is a bit annoying. Thanks

The only mods I use is the latest TMO for 1.5 plus its patch. Cheers
Set Torp.Magnetic/Contact,for auto-target (torp deep) this is ment to aid deep setting for max distructive impact in rough seas.IMHO
donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-09, 08:27 PM   #940
Deep Six
Ensign

Downloads: 104
Default Oh My gawd!!

Well It's certainly nice to be back from an extended shore leave..Hmmm about a year I'm thinking, well I'm utterly amazed at what a year can do for a game..Talk about maturity within the modding community. Awesomeness doesn't even start to explain how I feel.......

Anyways I'm here just to ask a simple question as I'm returning to SH4 after such a lone time away from the game (Real Life ans such kinda does kick the ass out of gaming)..I'm currently running latest TM with patch and RSRD with It's patch.

First patrol from Subpac, and I'm heading out towards Japan (Bungo Suido) to be exact, when I get a RA message telling me to now use Surabaya as my Base..I'm kinda flummoked as to why this might be as I'm assigned to Subpac and want to STAY there for awhile...Is this all part of the TM+RSRD and i have just been unlucky with a base change.

Anyway I'm totally into SH4 again like a big kid....Stoked and amazed at the incredible talent on the boards and much saddened at the loss of a real good guy and modder...Leo-Vampire...."Fair Winds and Calm sea's"

Deep Six
Old 02-11-09, 09:00 PM   #941
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Six
Well It's certainly nice to be back from an extended shore leave..Hmmm about a year I'm thinking, well I'm utterly amazed at what a year can do for a game..Talk about maturity within the modding community. Awesomeness doesn't even start to explain how I feel.......

Anyways I'm here just to ask a simple question as I'm returning to SH4 after such a lone time away from the game (Real Life ans such kinda does kick the ass out of gaming)..I'm currently running latest TM with patch and RSRD with It's patch.

First patrol from Subpac, and I'm heading out towards Japan (Bungo Suido) to be exact, when I get a RA message telling me to now use Surabaya as my Base..I'm kinda flummoked as to why this might be as I'm assigned to Subpac and want to STAY there for awhile...Is this all part of the TM+RSRD and i have just been unlucky with a base change.

Anyway I'm totally into SH4 again like a big kid....Stoked and amazed at the incredible talent on the boards and much saddened at the loss of a real good guy and modder...Leo-Vampire...."Fair Winds and Calm sea's"

Deep Six
Welcome back

Yeah, hard to believe that Dave ( LV ) has been gone for over a year now. But as you have noticed, his influence can be felt right across the SUBSIM Forums.

RDP

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-09, 04:06 AM   #942
SteveW1
Watch Officer

Downloads: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Six

Deep Six
Your home Base will always be marked by an Archor on a 45 deg angle, the message you receive is part of RSRDC to tell all the SubSoWesPac Subs that thier home base has changed, there are numerous messages like this to add more emersion to the game and some that will be hints as to where to find taskforces and such.

Steve
Old 02-12-09, 10:44 AM   #943
Shado
Seaman

Downloads: 1203

Can any one tell me if there is a SCAF mod for TMO 163 + Patch, or do I need it with TMO. I am running RSRD mod and OPM 600.
Shado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-09, 03:16 PM   #944
wildcards
Sailor man

Downloads: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by donut
If contact has Eng.stoped you won't get passive return

Thanks for pointing that out, but its isn't the case when I've seen the glitch happen.

I'm aware that sail boats and ships that are not moving or are at drift will produce no sound to be picked up on the hydrophone.

I've had a warship searching for me for hours and dropping depth charges all over the place. I could hear him pass over and move about without making use of the hydrophone, but when I pushed aside my crew member to check for my self I could hear nothing. I've checked many times. Later on I could hear a merchant, but the warship that was still very active and busy to hunt me down I could not hear.

When I asked for a contract report both the warship and the merchant would be reported and could be followed, but I could only hear one of them...

This hydrophone glitch doesn't happen often, but it does happen never the less.
wildcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-09, 04:02 PM   #945
ivank
The Old Man

Downloads: 284

I have just clean installed SH4 for OM, and I have ran into the same problem that prevented me from playing it in the 1st place! I hit F12 for the external cam, and nothing happens! any ideas?

My mods:
TMO 1.6.2
TMO 1.6.3
GERMAN VOICES
OM V600
OM PATCH 2
OM PATCH 2 HOTFIX

Leutnant z. S. David U. Ziegler
U-105 IXB On Patrol 1

ivank is offline   Reply With Quote