SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-04-08, 11:46 PM   #1
Jib01
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Walther and other questions....

Since the addon did not come with any information about the addon does anyone have info on the following ??

1. When you use up the H2O2 is that it ? No recharging ?
2. Walther has limited range with normal fuel. I assume that is correct.

Has anyone run into the special convoy indicator on their map ? It is a red star that moves around and of course the convoy is moving at about 17knots. Hard to catch.

I have 165000 tonnes now and it is getting close to the end of the war. I asked the questions about the Walther because I just graduated to it.

Did any documentation come with the CD version of the U-boat addon ? If so, could someone write or provide screen shots of the addon manual ?

Regards
Jib01
Old 04-05-08, 08:17 AM   #2
oli123456789
Swabbie

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0

Q1: Hydrongen Peroxide hmm dunno realy how or where they store it but it runs out
at 200-300 miles and no refuling :/
Q2:Limited fuel yes (diesel) u can always change it if u go to options

Convoy spotted with red star nope i wish to meet one hehe my torps will eat em
And dont have the CD so dunno about that

Grtz oli
Old 04-05-08, 09:54 AM   #3
Schnee
Engineer

Downloads: 2
Default Yeah

1) H2O2 can only be relenished at YOUR home base - no other bases or ships

2) The Walther boats are REAL fuel pigs compared to the D-2's. I took a D-2 to San Francisco and back with no fuel problems. My last mission I took a Walter from the Indian Ocean to Rabaul in the Solomons and was down to 10% diesel. You really are tied to your bases with the Walther - guess its the tradeoff for the neat toys you have.

Although I really would have liked to have had a Type XXIII rather than a Type XVII just for the range.
Schnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-08, 12:33 PM   #4
Jib01
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
learning to work with the Walther

I finally got up the courage to attack a convoy supported by 2 DDs. Use the Peroxide drive to excape from the DDs as they attack. This is when it should be used during attack. I was able to get away and setup on two merchants and continue to get away. This works fine and I can return to port with plenty of Peroxide left. Takes some training to find out how to use the Walther.....

Oh, another funny thing with the Walther Torpedos. Have you noticed yet that they fishtail like they are seaking the target ? What's with that ?

Working out ok now....
Regards
Jib01
Old 04-05-08, 01:30 PM   #5
Herr_Pete
Commodore

Downloads: 102

i have an odd situation! i just did a patrol and i was doing 16 knts on the surface but when i dived i sppeded up to 27 knts this is the first time this has happened.

any ideas or probably a small glitch
Herr_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-08, 01:51 PM   #6
oli123456789
Swabbie

Downloads: 18

Thos steinbarch torps rock doing 45 knots lol but are they homing? do a search patern or something? If they where homing that would of been fun lol and Pete was it 5 secs after u pressed "P" or something or "crash dive" or did you screw up the submarine files :p
Old 04-05-08, 10:38 PM   #7
Mast
XO

Downloads: 49
I was able to intercept that convoy.

I was able to intercept that convoy your talking about. It was my main objective before it reached a port in Australia. It was tough but I was able to sink the merchants and get completion.

Mast
Mast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-08, 09:46 AM   #8
Jib01
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Mast,

Where did you intecept the convoy ? It must have been close to your last assignment. Did you use the Cruiser to help you ?

Regards
Jib01
Old 04-06-08, 12:33 PM   #9
Schnee
Engineer

Downloads: 2
Default Heck

...my previous mission I intercepted a US BB TF, ran in under the DD screen and sank THREE Pennsylvania class battleships. Nice Haul! Then went deep and sped away under a thermal layer at 24 knots.

The Walther drive does make it fun. Realistic? Dunno.
Schnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-08, 02:53 PM   #10
The Fishlord
Planesman

Downloads: 119

Yes the Walther is a great addition. There's no cooler feeling where you crash dive to 180m with the Walther at flank, gaining speed as you plunge and outrunning the DDs underwater.

The Walther isn't something you should use all the time though if you're having trouble. You should use it to speed out from under a marauding DD (just a thirty second burst or so) or to make very quick turns underwater.

So far the coolest experience I've had with the Walther was emergency surfacing...180m, flank speed, Walther engage, emergency surface...

My sub shot about forty feet out of the water and then plunged down, another 10 meters under.
The Fishlord is offline   Reply With Quote