SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-04-08, 02:17 AM   #1
Sirkam
Frogman

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0
Im very happy!!

Finally, i sunk two Kongo Battleships in the Battle of Midway mission (of course, with all manual TDC parameters on).
First, i decided go to a good position to attack the first part of the TF. The objetive is clear, the Kongo battleship. I collected all the distance (2200 meters), AoA (85-90º to target's starboard) and speed data (18 knots). Then, i put the torpedoes with high speed, magnetic detonation and 5 meters of depth. The battelship, simply couldnt evade my 4 fore torpedoes. All of them impact to the Starboard (without fail); the batteship, five or seven seconds ago, blow to pieces (no comments).
I decided leave to escape the Shokaku Fleet carriers, and concentrate my second attack to the next Kongo battleship with my stern torpedoes. The DD's harassing me all time, but i escape to the depth charges. After a few minutes evading the destroyers attacks and maintain my good position, i started to collecting data from my next victim (i had to plot in the attack map a lines to determinate the AoA of the battleship...). the AoA was 75-79º to the target's port, 1500 meters of distance and about 23 knots of speed. After more of three collects of data, i fired the stern topedoes a bit scared. The torpedoes had a good angle on the battleship but.....the battleship commence to turn to her right because the battleship detected my salvo of torpedoes!!! But, the first torpedo impacted to her fore, the second a bit more low than the first impact, and the others in the centre!! The Kongo battleship didn't blow to pieces, stop the machines and, finally, after two minutes of agony, the battleship is gone.
I can't believe that, none of my torpedoes fail and after many data catch procedings, i sunk two big battleship. My happiness is total, but there are a lot of destroyers pinging me to take revenge, so i decided crash dive and maintain the depth to 90 meters, run to silent running and pray. One depth charge exploted a bit close to my sub (i only got the main pump and the radio receiver damaged but it could cost me much more than that, after all). After that, none of the destroyers could detect me. One hour and thirteen minutes ago, i went to periscope depth to view the scene (a lot of friendly pilots downed), without enemy ships or aircrafts. Then, i surfaced to pick up the survivor pilots...

http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?i...0704734il1.jpg

http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?i...1836484jk0.jpg

http://img171.imageshack.us/my.php?i...1523921wf4.jpg

http://img363.imageshack.us/my.php?i...3359328im0.jpg
Old 04-04-08, 07:30 AM   #2
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Good show!

Too bad no screenshots of the stricken battleships. Always, in the heat of battle we don't take the pictures because we're too busy!

That's why I'm running the mission recorder lately so I can go back and take the pics afterward. It also makes it easier for me to go without external camera because I convince myself I'm not missing anything.

It seems to me the recorder doesn't slow the game down much any more.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-08, 09:22 AM   #3
simsurfer
Watch Officer

Downloads: 54

Your in the U-Boat mission forum, the Japs are our Allies here. Does that now make you a traitor :hmm::hmm:
Old 04-04-08, 01:56 PM   #4
Herr_Pete
Commodore

Downloads: 102

He is a traitor to the Reichs Kriegsmarine:p
Herr_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-08, 03:35 PM   #5
Wild_skipper
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 96

Kill him i mean sink him off course :rotfl:

GWX 3.0 gold

Wild_skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-08, 06:47 PM   #6
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-08, 03:07 PM   #7
AJ!
Commodore

Downloads: 0

Fantastic. Having U-boats sinking jap ships will just make the war easier for the good guys

By the way SirKam thats a wicked Sig u got :p
Old 04-07-08, 02:23 AM   #8
Sirkam
Frogman

Downloads: 9

It's not my boat an U-Boat..... It's american (i think this post must be posted in the SH4 wolves of the pacific rather than the U-boat Missions:hmm.