Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-18, 01:30 PM   #5176
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

The president has a problem with Turkey ... He borrowed a whole lot of money to build twin tower there ... not sure how much, but I heard billions of USD.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...lict-interest/

Quote:
And there’s also another troubling layer to this story: Trump’s business ties to Turkey create a conflict of interest. That’s according to Trump himself. As Mother Jones reported in November, Trump mentioned his Turkey-related conflicts in 2015 during a conversation with Steve Bannon, who was then the executive chairman of Breitbart News. (Bannon would go on to become Trump’s chief strategist.)

On Bannon’s radio show, Breitbart News Daily, Trump said on December 1, 2015, “I have a little conflict of interest ’cause I have a major, major building in Istanbul. It’s a tremendously successful job. It’s called Trump Towers—two towers, instead of one, not the usual one, it’s two.”

Trump was speaking truthfully. He had a vested interest in smooth relations with Ankara. And he owed Erdogan a solid. In 2012, Erdogan presided over the opening ceremony for the Trump Towers.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 08-10-18, 01:31 PM   #5177
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Meanwhile the ordinary German blockhead cares for nothing more than his next vacation at the Turkish reviera.
I like that observation
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 08-10-18, 01:50 PM   #5178
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

@ Skybird: not true. Though some blockheads exist everywhere..

Turkey tourism stats 2018
https://www.statista.com/chart/10270/tourism-in-turkey/

"While European holidaymakers and business people (notably the British and Germans) are still reluctant to pay a visit to Turkey, visitor numbers nevertheless increased from January to May 2017 by 16.3 percent when compared to the same time frame of the previous year. However, Russian citizens are increasingly making up for the declining tourist numbers from other countries"

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 08-10-18, 02:16 PM   #5179
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

What's up, Catfish? German tourism to turkey took a dive in past years, but after one year of serious decline almost fully swung back meanwhile. First the Russians moved in in numbers, than the Germans forgot their anger of the season before, and returned as well.
Old 08-10-18, 04:46 PM   #5180
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hahaha ... the incest gang Trump has something to say again:
http://www.spiegel.de/politik/auslan...a-1221943.html

Ich revidiere, diese Volks- und Vaterlandsverräter namens TRUMP gehören allesamt auf Lebenszeit eingesperrt.

Last edited by Bleiente; 08-10-18 at 05:15 PM.

Old 08-10-18, 05:21 PM   #5181
Skybird
Soaring

Bleiente, you really do not give the impression to be an adult being if you hide this kind of infantile phrasing behind German wording just to escape the moderators that way.

And posting endlessly German articles without caring for sending them through Google translator first, as I suggested one or two pages earlier, does not help you to leave a better impression.

It starts to become really annoying. Translate your stuff - I usually do it myself when posting German texts, too. And stop that infantile German little-kiddy-phrasing. You do not look good that way, this I can tell you as somebody who is fluent in German.

Stay classy. Behave grown-up.

P.S. This is answering to your original post that you meanwhile have edited slightly. Not that your German replacement at the end now really is that much better.
Old 08-10-18, 05:42 PM   #5182
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

So ein Quatsch @Skybird.
Wer sich wirklich für diese Artikel interessiert, wird ohne weiteres den besagten Translater bemühen.

Und wenn ich hier erst sagen muß, wass tatsächlich für die öffentliche Ordnung notwendig wäre, dann ist ja schon alles verloren.

Und in diesem Sinne - das macht nichts, unser Aussterben ist längst beschlossene Sache und darum könnt Ihr gerne weiter "dümmlich" debatieren.

Old 08-10-18, 05:50 PM   #5183
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hui - ich habe wieder so einen schneidigen Avatar...

Na uuups...

Last edited by Bleiente; 08-10-18 at 06:14 PM.

Old 08-10-18, 06:36 PM   #5184
Skybird
Soaring

English, please. Dont expect others to do the translating job that would be yours to do. This is an international forum. The owner is American. The forum language is English. Most people here do not understand German. Only some do.

And when people do not have a translation of your links, they will hardly know (or care) whether they should be interested in them or not. Why should they care to paste and copy YOUR stuff then. You could as well post in Kyrillic.

The rest of your opinion is just that - your opinion. One can word an opinion in a mature fashion, or in the angry bigmouthing of a little kid stomping its feet when mummy does not give it candies. Its simple, the choice is yours.

However, the impression you leave with others is not your choice, but theirs. And with posts like that, in a foreign language and then voicing such infantility, you will hardly be taken as a grown-up.

Just saying so, since it is not the first time you do like this. It has become a pattern. You have avoided moderation so far only because the mods in this forum - Steve, Jim and Neal - do not speak German.

BTW, Neal is your host here. Serve him some respect - by respecting his official forum language.
Old 08-10-18, 06:45 PM   #5185
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Да, капитан...

Old 08-11-18, 04:33 AM   #5186
Skybird
Soaring

When an 11 year old hacks into a voting results website and then says wisely into the camera: "It should be way more secure because Russians are out there, people!", then all I can do is set up a wide grin.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-45154903
Old 08-11-18, 05:07 AM   #5187
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
What's up, Catfish? German tourism to turkey took a dive in past years, but after one year of serious decline almost fully swung back meanwhile. First the Russians moved in in numbers, than the Germans forgot their anger of the season before, and returned as well.
Yes you are right, my bad. Seems the numbers climbed again.. for some reason searching for Turkey tourist numbers +2018 Google kept coming up with 2016

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 08-11-18, 09:19 AM   #5188
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
English, please. Dont expect others to do the translating job that would be yours to do. This is an international forum. The owner is American. The forum language is English. Most people here do not understand German. Only some do.

And when people do not have a translation of your links, they will hardly know (or care) whether they should be interested in them or not. Why should they care to paste and copy YOUR stuff then. You could as well post in Kyrillic.

The rest of your opinion is just that - your opinion. One can word an opinion in a mature fashion, or in the angry bigmouthing of a little kid stomping its feet when mummy does not give it candies. Its simple, the choice is yours.

However, the impression you leave with others is not your choice, but theirs. And with posts like that, in a foreign language and then voicing such infantility, you will hardly be taken as a grown-up.

Just saying so, since it is not the first time you do like this. It has become a pattern. You have avoided moderation so far only because the mods in this forum - Steve, Jim and Neal - do not speak German.

BTW, Neal is your host here. Serve him some respect - by respecting his official forum language.
@ Bleiente...I'd suggest you take the words of wisdom offered to you and post in English from this point forward.

Failing that, post in the German section of the forum: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=252

TIA

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 08-11-18, 03:26 PM   #5189
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:

Energetic contradiction - here the original text has to be published by the respective newspaper on this topic.
Everything else is fraud and / or arouses the suspicion of a fraudulent intention.
Any other assumption would be childish and taken lightly.

Edit: One should question all sources, especially the supposedly trustworthy one.

Last edited by Bleiente; 08-11-18 at 03:51 PM.

Old 08-11-18, 03:46 PM   #5190
Skybird
Soaring

Legally, we may not post ANY written piece or picture anymore without agreement by the copyright holder. Thats why it is betetr to post a link.

Post a link to the Google translation, and a link tot he poriginal source. Google translator can have just the weblink to the translated site being posted to have access to the translation, the full text must not be posted.

Whether that is legal, I am not certain, I fera not. It has become quite extreme, a bit perverse, and quite counter-productive by now. But I do it like that myself nevertheless: posting a link to the translated website, and maybe also to the original Gerkan soruce. The design of the website remains after the translation, so it is obvious who the original source was.

Morally, that is okay, imo. Legally, by the fineprint - well, who knows...

A week ago or so, a farewell photo album for a Kindergarten was handed out to the kids leavign the Kindergarten, with all faces of all other kids being blackened on all photos except the face of the kid for whom the individual album was. Which renders the whole thing pointless, of course. But thats how it goes nowadays.

Too much complexity, and too many mines lying around as if you could do one step without stepping onto one. Too many people making their living by trapping others over essentially nothing. I would not want to be young again these days. Not in these times.

---

In Sweden two consenting adults cannot even have sex anymore without formalising their mutual agreement in any form. They even have an app for it now, recording the spoken "Yes" by both partners. Before, and maybe still so, I am not certain, a woman who claims after intercourse that she did not feel well with the event afterwards, could use that as a legal basis to sue the male partzner over rape allegations. Just "because she did not feel well". The claim is treated by Swedish law as a proof for the guild of the man (I think it does not work the other way around, the man cannot claim to have been raped if he feels bad after sex) - it is him needing to prove his innocence now, he is no longer assumed to be innocent until his guilt has been proven.

Ridiculous (in this feminist) deformations were we are heading with our hyper-sensibility and hyper-concerns. Mervyn Peake could not have imagined a more absurd rule of rites for his Titus books.

Eh, US politics, okay. Well... LOL

Last edited by Skybird; 08-11-18 at 03:57 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter