Old 08-07-18, 06:42 AM   #5146
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Hah double standards and hypocrisy! And Fox of all accusing others
As if the far right is not openly racist and sexist, and now all cry about one woman who bites back?
Ever heard of counter-trolling? "Racist against white people", my heart bleeds.
Hmm. Where to start? You're missing the point here and so is your fellow countryman. (BTW Bleiente, I read your posts before you deleted them). In the United States there is this thing called the First Amendment. Freedom of speech. Ms Jeong has a right to say whatever she wants even if it borders on hate speech. If I were an American I would defend that right to do so.

But that is not the story here. This isn't about Sarah Jeong. This is about The New York Times. And that was the subject of my post. This so called "newspaper of record" hired someone who made racist comments. She said “kill more men” and “kill all the men”. She made anti police comments. The Times not only hired her but defended her as did many left wing publications.

I don't know about you but I think we have crossed a line here.

Quote:
If she had wrote that in Fakefox about blacks you'd applaud her. Lmao.
Excuse me. You better think about what you are saying before you say it.

Quote:
What those right wingers not understand is humour and sarcasm, which is exactly what Jeong used.
So now racist comments are considered comedy? You know I really fear where the left is going. As a person who once considered himself a 'classic liberal' I now see nothing on the left I can agree with. The left is moving left at breakneck speed. It's disturbing. This hiring by the Times is a perfect example of the insanity that effects left wing , mainstream thought. I fear it will not end well.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online  
Old 08-07-18, 12:26 PM   #5147
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Can former president Obama be the VP?

I see Biden and Bernie running against President Trump in the 2020 election which will probably start in just three more months after the 2018 mid term elections.

So I was just wondering if Obama could make a come back via the VP route?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...D=ansmsnnews11

Quote:
Former President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden decided to pay them a visit
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...D=ansmsnnews11

Quote:
The Biden Foundation announced Tuesday it was kicking off its new "As You Are" campaign, which aims to raise awareness about the significance of family in accepting LGBTQ young people.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 08-07-18, 12:44 PM   #5148
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

The alt-right internet mobs are attacking left-leaning celebrities with their own jokes. Oh the irony.
I see that this is completely lost on you.
The far right has come out of its holes and spreads hate and violence all over the 'net and you tell me you are worried "where the left is going"?
Some seems to have completely lost their mind! This new right bull has become socially accepted, even here. Anyone remember Takeda, and when and why he left?
I tell you something, if i lived in the US i would now indeed get me a gun for defense, or leave.

Here, read some stuff, and then tell me what you would answer if they threaten to kill you.
http://boards.4chan.org/pol/

And you should read this, instead of Fox News, Breitbart and The daily caller, which all have zero acceptance outside of the US.
https://www.inverse.com/article/4775...ng-sarah-jeong

But Republican political figures like Mike Huckabee has leveraged this new supposed anti-white threat to further attack the “fake news media” and support President Donald Trump, who would surely love an opportunity to paint The New York Times as hypocritical. Right wing sites like The Daily Caller and Breitbart News have seized on “reverse racism” with delight. Trolls continue to harass Jeong, and other accounts in defense of her.
With any luck, the internet will become acquainted enough with 4chan trolls that it can dismiss their scare tactics before it gets sucked under."

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 08-07-18 at 01:03 PM.
Old 08-07-18, 01:15 PM   #5149
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Yes - that's the old / new fashion.
The Nazis and fascists are reaching for power again. This not only affects the US, here in Europe we also have various movements that actually seem threatening.

Trump is a narcissistic sociopath - a racist and demagogue.
However, he does not belong to the typically intelligent sociopaths, rather he acts as if he had a stroke three times a day.

Hence my excitement and my extreme demeanor on this topic.
Anyone, such as Trump, who tramples on "democracy" must not be allowed to hide behind its laws.
Such people belong differently... treated "appropriately".

Old 08-07-18, 01:55 PM   #5150
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
The far right has come out of its holes and spreads hate and violence all over the 'net and you tell me you are worried "where the left is going"?
Yes I am because they use to, in my lifetime, be counted on to be a voice of reason and peaceful resolution. Not any more. And of course there are bad eggs on both sides. But I have noticed a remarkable change in the last little while in left wing/liberal/progressive thought. The left used to believe in free speech. Not any more. Someone might get their feelings hurt. If they don't like what you say they shout you down. If they don't like the politics of a speaker invited to a university they have him banned. They make no arguments and don't want to debate. They need their safe spaces and their coloring books. Young people on the left have become almost entirely indoctrinated. They call people Nazis but have no clue what that is. They wave flags of Communist nations at rallies but don't know what the Gulag is. It is worrisome to say the least.

And they have become increasingly violent. It's ok to punch a nazi. Well maybe in some countries but not in a Democracy with a rule of law. Antifa has become the thug army of the left. Dressed in black and wearing masks the anti- fascists have become the fascists. Yea I am worried and you should be too.

Quote:
Here, read some stuff, and then tell me what you would answer if they threaten to kill you.
http://boards.4chan.org/pol/
I don't read or pay the slightest attention to anybody named Anonymous on an Internet site. Could be an 11 year old sniffing airplane glue. If those sites are an excuse for hate speech then that person has a problem.

Quote:
And you should read this, instead of Fox News, Breitbart and The daily caller, which all have zero acceptance outside of the US.
https://www.inverse.com/article/4775...ng-sarah-jeong
Jokes on you pal. I don't read any of those sites. Again you missed the point and refuse to address it. It's not about Sarah Jeong. It's about the NYT and their acceptance and excuses for hate speech. Are you excusing it as well?

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online  
Old 08-07-18, 02:04 PM   #5151
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleiente View Post
Yes - that's the old / new fashion.
The Nazis and fascists are reaching for power again. This not only affects the US, here in Europe we also have various movements that actually seem threatening.

Trump is a narcissistic sociopath - a racist and demagogue.
However, he does not belong to the typically intelligent sociopaths, rather he acts as if he had a stroke three times a day.

Hence my excitement and my extreme demeanor on this topic.
Anyone, such as Trump, who tramples on "democracy" must not be allowed to hide behind its laws.
Such people belong differently... treated "appropriately".

https://www.tagesspiegel.de/medien/j.../22875328.html

Old 08-07-18, 02:39 PM   #5152
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Can former president Obama be the VP?
No. No one can be vice president who is intelligible for the office of president. Obama is no longer illegible as he was already elected and served two full terms.
Old 08-07-18, 06:14 PM   #5153
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Getting a bit out of hand here folks or the sarcasm is not clear enough.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 08-08-18, 01:26 AM   #5154
Catfish

Icon13

Yes, @Bleiente would you please stop that. First no name calling, and then Ucrank sure does not deserve it

Old 08-08-18, 02:28 AM   #5155
Catfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
[...] In the United States there is this thing called the First Amendment. Freedom of speech. Ms Jeong has a right to say whatever she wants even if it borders on hate speech. If I were an American I would defend that right to do so.
Right. Not only in the US b.t.w.. I think all this started in 1789. Also in France.

Quote:
But that is not the story here. This isn't about Sarah Jeong. This is about The New York Times. And that was the subject of my post. This so called "newspaper of record" hired someone who made racist comments. She said “kill more men” and “kill all the men”. She made anti police comments. The Times not only hired her but defended her as did many left wing publications.
This is of course about Sarah Yeong, which is why i wrote all this and provided a link you do not bother to read. She has b.t.w. apologized meanwhile. Yes, the New York Times defended her. Big deal. Regarding crossing a line this began much earlier.

"The issue at hand was the political correctness, or lack thereof, of Jeong’s tweets, which openly mocked white people. But what the conversation has largely failed to take into account is the fact that the situation was precipitated by an alt-right trolling campaign that has target other liberal-leaning media and entertainment figures who have come under fire recently for past social media offenses. And that in itself is more worrisome than any series of tweets."

Yes, it indeed is about mocking the right and those who vomited their alt-right-wing bile in all these forums. And the thing is that she for once just used all this hate speech jargon all those right wingers heaped upon her, and which is so en vogue among the 'right' since Trump became president. Make no mistake, the whole world has been witness as to what has happened since then, and i would not blame it on the left. This is direct Trump hate speech, spreading everywhere, and of course triggering reactions.

For Trump anything non alt-right is "left" and open to smear and hate, from neutral to liberal to common sense. This is why someone should stand up and call a spade a spade.

That anyone who is not on the alt-right side suddenly feels molested and attacked, and now bites back shocks you? What the hell do you expect, all suddenly shut up and listen to, and believing in, Fox News? This is an attack against intelligence, common sense, taste, logic and science. This is not about the left once more, it is about everyone's reaction with an open mind and common sense being attacked by this unconcealed, blunt and brazen racism. The US is not alone with it of course, we see it in Poland, Hungary, Romania, Germany and other countries.

Quote:
You know I really fear where the left is going. As a person who once considered himself a 'classic liberal' I now see nothing on the left I can agree with. The left is moving left at breakneck speed. It's disturbing. This hiring by the Times is a perfect example of the insanity that effects left wing , mainstream thought. I fear it will not end well.
Oh yes "the left". It is moving lefter every second. The sky will fall. Only that what happens here has nothing to do with the "left", but with common sense, taste and anyone who happens to dislike racism, sexism and hate speech being made socially acceptable by the loony right, from Fox to Breitbart to The daily caller to Bannon to Trump and his supporters.

Coming to my accusation of you would applaud Sheong if she had written this in Fox News about black people, i take that back. Sorry.

Last edited by Catfish; 08-08-18 at 02:36 AM.
Old 08-08-18, 05:30 AM   #5156
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Marx for president. Another misunderstood "lefty" who was not left at all.

"Every election is sort of advance auction sale of stolen goods." - "Democracy is a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses." - Giving every man a vote has no more made men wise and free than Christianity has made them good." - H.L. Mencken

In the end, states are just plundering syndicates basing on the law of the jungle and the law of the strongest, run by the stronger mob who declares it his "right" to steal and to blackmail. Politicians are just the parasites who make the rest of the mob rally around their flag.

"Every decent man is ashamed of the govenrment he lives under." - H.L. Mencken
Old 08-08-18, 05:54 AM   #5157
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Yes, @Bleiente would you please stop that. First no name calling, and then Ucrank sure does not deserve it
Then I misunderstood this.
@u_crank
I apologize sincerely and in all form.

Old 08-08-18, 06:04 AM   #5158
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Getting a bit out of hand here folks or the sarcasm is not clear enough.
Quote:

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 08-08-18, 06:31 AM   #5159
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Uploads: 13

Quote:
US President Donald Trump has issued a strong warning to anyone trading with Iran, following his re-imposition of sanctions on the country.

"Anyone doing business with Iran will NOT be doing business with the United States," the president tweeted.

Some re-imposed sanctions took effect overnight and tougher ones relating to oil exports will begin in November.

Iran's president said the measures were "psychological warfare" which aimed to "sow division among Iranians".
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45098031

I've a feeling the EU will not be happy with this

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 08-08-18, 07:58 AM   #5160
Catfish

The EU has already made clear it will not support the withdrawal, or support/follow the sanctions, or impose their own.
Companies being affected by US bans will be protected as UK's minister for the Middle East already said. Some german companies like Daimler-Benz have indeed stepped back from dealing with Iran.

That said, i have my own opinion about this.. this Iran deal was non-binding, and Obama essentially paved the way for Trump to withdraw from it. So technically Trump does not rip apart a real deal, since the latter never existed. But even with a deal, Trump could have unilaterally withdrawn from it, this has already been done numerous times before, by other US presidents. (b.t.w. here is a list of treaties that have been broken, or never ratified by the US)

I am not sure how far Iran's influence and molesting Israel goes, maybe the idea of forcing Iran to its knees works out.. but first this has to be done mercilessly for quite a while (speaking of 20+ years), and second as usual it is the civilians who already have to suffer, not the clerical government.

Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter