Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-17-19, 06:58 AM   #3286
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
President Trump has told the UK and other European allies to take back and put on trial more than 800 Islamic State (IS) group fighters captured in the final battle against the group.https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-47269887
That is a big ask/instruction Mr President, How about you take care of your perceived immigrant problem and we'll take care of ours.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-19, 10:05 AM   #3287
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Nobody shall say Trump has no sense of humour.

Old 02-17-19, 10:29 AM   #3288
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
In the interview, Ms Begum said she had escaped from Baghuz, Islamic State's last stronghold in eastern Syria, two weeks ago, but her husband - a Dutch convert to Islam - surrendered to a group of Syrian fighters as they left.https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47270857
Give her and her offspring Dutch citizenship then.....sorted.

Old 02-17-19, 11:44 AM   #3289
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Give her and her offspring Dutch citizenship then.....sorted.

Nah, you keep them...see it as a present for your leaving the EU party
Old 02-17-19, 03:01 PM   #3290
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:
That is a big ask/instruction Mr President, How about you take care of your perceived immigrant problem and we'll take care of ours.
Giving "no quarter" is highly underrated.
Old 02-17-19, 08:46 PM   #3291
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:

I thought he was talking about British and other European subjects fighting for Isis. What does immigration have to do with it?

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-19, 06:58 AM   #3292
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^ well you should ask Trump. But it happens often that people here do not understand what he says or means.
I also don't understand why german IS fighters (are there any, b.t.w.?) should go to the US, when Trump threatens the EU to set them free. Seems like a good idea - for the IS.

B.t.w. importing foreign cars is now a national emergency, in the US. Or maybe i misunderstood.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-19, 07:26 AM   #3293
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
I also don't understand why german IS fighters (are there any, b.t.w.?)
You must really be naive. Linda Wezel to name a famous one and this Fat German 28yr old who joined ISIL to fight against Western Civilization but claims to be abused by ISIL as a sex slave.

I red in a report that about 700-800 ISIL fighters have the German Nationality.
Old 02-18-19, 07:41 AM   #3294
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterICX View Post
You must really be naive. Linda Wezel to name a famous one and this Fat German 28yr old who joined ISIL to fight against Western Civilization but claims to be abused by ISIL as a sex slave.

It is being reported they could still have as many as 20,000 fighters around the Middle East area.

Quote:
Shamima Begum - the UK schoolgirl who joined the Islamic State group in Syria but now wants to come home - is "damaged" and will need mental health support, her family's lawyer has said.https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47276572
How about the British taxpayers stop their tax deductions on the grounds of 'innapropriate use' of said deductions?

Old 02-18-19, 07:49 AM   #3295
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
I thought he was talking about British and other European subjects fighting for Isis. What does immigration have to do with it?
Most of these figures are indeed migrants with European ID papers. People form other poarts of th world do not switch their identity and culture as easily as EU officials imply when thinking they cna just delete an identy feeling via law and replace it with an artificial test tube identity from the social-egineering laboratory.

The Sowjets tried that, and shuffled whole ethncities around to delete their roots and culture and identity. They failed, which was clearly to be seen after the collapse and the reuslting unrest in the southern provinces.

You just cannot socia-engineer a historically grown identity feeling of subjects, or whole ethnci group. One item of the mega-hybris of the EU.

Personally I indeed tend to think - and feel! - of radical Muslims not being Germans indeed. Islam has no historic place in german history, or European history - except the historical and repeated role of an attacker on Europe. This feeling is expecially storng amongst native European people in the socalled visegrad states, states east and southeast of Germany and Austria, that is, helped by thje fact that arch-conservative Catholicism and even more: orthodox Chrstian churches form their own strong identity systems. Might be one of the reaosns why the EU parliament fought so bitterly, and successfuly, against having any reference to the historic role of the Christian history as a forming fundament of miodern European culture being mentioned in the preamble of the dictate of Lisbon which effectively is kind of an - illegally enforced - EU constitution.
Old 02-18-19, 07:54 AM   #3296
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Quote:
It is being reported they could still have as many as 20,000 fighters around the Middle East area.
Foreign ISIL fighters you say? Sounds about right, iirc the number of estimated foreign ISIL fighters back in '16 was around 15,000

Quote:
How about the British taxpayers stop their tax deductions on the grounds of 'innapropriate use' of said deductions?
If only, one could say that they rather see that their tax deductions are put to use to make the public a safe place and not being wasted to have that safety be put at risk to have such jihad whore make her return.
Old 02-18-19, 08:07 AM   #3297
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

About time our government stop putting out fake news they are tough on these scumbags and act on it with real tough laws and to hell with the bleeding heart liberals.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-19, 08:09 AM   #3298
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Foreign ISIL fighters you say? Sounds about right, iirc the number of estimated foreign ISIL fighters back in '16 was around 15,000
Not just foreign Wim but the total number they have under arms including all nationalities.

Quote:
If only, one could say that they rather see that their tax deductions are put to use to make the public a safe place and not being wasted to have that safety be put at risk to have such jihad whore make her return.
Precisely and I'm not entirely convinced the current UK government will give in without a fight or put up some very stiff pre-conditions because of the mess they have made of Brexit and see this as an opportunity to rebuild some public trust and support that is clearly in short supply atm.

Old 02-18-19, 11:56 AM   #3299
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:

Yep, you are right I just heard yesterday in the TV that there were almost no german IS fighters – I wonder who made this up. Short look in the 'net i saw it's about 900 (known) ones

Several problems.. under internationl law it seems they cannot be stripped from their nationality, or their citizenship respectively. So they have indeed to be returned, trialled and arrested. And we have to pay for the imprisonment for decades to come.
What really makes me angry is that presumably no one of the judges here can even imagine what some of them have done, and without witnesses (where should they come from) they will probably be set free indeed. Unbelievable..

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-19, 12:14 PM   #3300
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

So I'll ask the question....

What if all the European countries who have their nationals involved jointly refuse to have them back. What happens then?

Tags
terrorism