Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-17, 06:48 PM   #1651
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

The 9th court just supported the continued suspension of the Ban, The Donald took it predictably well, with the calmness and carefully thought out response that he is renown for:

Quote:
SEE YOU IN COURT, THE SECURITY OF OUR NATION IS AT STAKE!
So yeah, that's the end of the 9th court then, the GOP will get rid of that shortly.
Old 02-09-17, 07:32 PM   #1652
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
So yeah, that's the end of the 9th court then, the GOP will get rid of that shortly.
You're not overreacting are you?

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 02-09-17, 09:19 PM   #1653
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

This is starting to remind me of the Bush Jr years and the run up to the war. If you didn't agree with him and his policy, you were unpatriotic. Seems like Trump wants us to feel the same way now, if you don't agree with the ban, then you are responsible for leaving the country open to a terror attack, same crap, different day. Taking a page right out of Cheney's book.

Al Capone
Old 02-09-17, 10:50 PM   #1654
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
You're not overreacting are you?
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...-momentum.html

It's been on the GOP to do list, so I see no reason why they wouldn't push it forward now to help get the Ban back.
Old 02-10-17, 04:17 AM   #1655
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post
This is starting to remind me of the Bush Jr years and the run up to the war. If you didn't agree with him and his policy, you were unpatriotic. Seems like Trump wants us to feel the same way now, if you don't agree with the ban, then you are responsible for leaving the country open to a terror attack, same crap, different day. Taking a page right out of Cheney's book.
QFFT!

Old 02-10-17, 04:49 AM   #1656
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^ Following one of the links i found that:

"Trump tells Chinese president US will honor 'one China' policy"

What?! So goodbye Taiwan or what? Now this is something i aboslutely do NOT like.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 02-10-17, 04:59 AM   #1657
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
^ Following one of the links i found that:

"Trump tells Chinese president US will honor 'one China' policy"

What?! So goodbye Taiwan or what? Now this is something i aboslutely do NOT like.
Yup. Though he backed down from that already. Guess someone informed the new American Führer that this was a bad call, badder than the usual stuff. xD

Old 02-10-17, 06:13 AM   #1658
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

http://everysecondcounts.eu/
Old 02-10-17, 06:19 AM   #1659
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

By the way, I find it very telling that the first thing the president of the United states does after receiving bad news is raging all-caps on twitter.

What an utter embarrassment hahaha!

Old 02-10-17, 06:56 AM   #1660
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:

It's been on the GOP to do list, so I see no reason why they wouldn't push it forward now to help get the Ban back.
They don't call it “Nutty 9th” for nothing.

Quote:
Eighteen of the court’s 25 active judges have been appointed by Democrats.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...eme_court.html

Quote:
This week, legal scholar Alan Dershowitz told NewsMaxTV that he expects Donald Trump to lose his appeal to undo the stay of his executive order freezing travel from seven mideatern countries, but to win the next time at the Supreme Court.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 02-10-17, 07:02 AM   #1661
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

Quote:

That has been raised many times over the years. Nothing new.

There is a way the WH could easily resolve this. Pull the EO. Issue a new more limited EO that leaves existing visas in place and make it much tougher to get new or renewed visas from those 7 countries. That would have the same effect in practice.

However I suspect the WH is happy with letting this thing drag out in court. It mobilises the Base against its favorite targets: liberal judges, washington insiders, do gooders, etc.

That will make it a lot easier for Trump to get his legislative agenda through Congress. GOP lawmakers will toe the party line as long as he has 90%+ approval rating among Republicans.

and if, god forbid, a terrorist event does occur on U.S. soil, the Democrats and Courts will get the blame.

All in all, it is a win/win situation for Trump.

It would not surprise me if, as usual, the Democrats and media are being played.
Old 02-10-17, 07:19 AM   #1662
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
That's patently riduculous. Obama as executive in charge of enforcing law, decides that immigration law will not be enforced, stops deporting illegal border crossers, tells all border guards to stand down, lets "sanctuary cities" choose to defy the law and shelter criminals. That's just hunky dory.

But Trump decides it's sensible to have a 90 day moratorium on immigration from seven countries identified by the Obama administration as state sponsors of terrorism and you start apologizing for saying to give Trump a chance. This is lunacy.

And you say somehow that Conways was so far out of line, how about Obama when he shilled for a ripoff bustout scheme by phony green power daisy companies who declared bankruptsy, grabbed all the money in sight and fled the scene. With OUR tax money.

How about the billions the Clintons have collected from foreign interests interested in our harm through their Clinton Foundation, contributing a miserly 5% toward the so-called beneficiaries of their "cause" and 95% to the Clintons? And what is that Foundation anyway but selling future influence in their proposed reign, interrupted fortunately by Donald Trump. They took hundreds of millions of dollars from countries where women are not allowed to vote, drive or attend school. These are countries where equal pay for women is not an issue. They are lucky just to survive. Hundreds of millions from active, enthusiastic tormentors of women. But that's just FINE! She's a liberal and rules are for other people.

Thank God she is not president. We're at a turning point where we will become irrelevant or recover some of our resolve and ability to be a positive force in the world. Trump isn't perfect, but he's the only game in town. Compared to the crass disregard for humanity exhibited by the liberals, Conways is an angel.
You are completely correct. I don't approve of what Conway said, but as you pointed out, it's nothing compared to the cash machine the Clintons were running while she was Secretary of State, and how many posts did today's Trump detractors commit to raging against a crooked system from 2008-2016? Probably zero.
Old 02-10-17, 08:01 AM   #1663
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat View Post
That has been raised many times over the years. Nothing new.

There is a way the WH could easily resolve this. Pull the EO. Issue a new more limited EO that leaves existing visas in place and make it much tougher to get new or renewed visas from those 7 countries. That would have the same effect in practice.

However I suspect the WH is happy with letting this thing drag out in court. It mobilises the Base against its favorite targets: liberal judges, washington insiders, do gooders, etc.

That will make it a lot easier for Trump to get his legislative agenda through Congress. GOP lawmakers will toe the party line as long as he has 90%+ approval rating among Republicans.

and if, god forbid, a terrorist event does occur on U.S. soil, the Democrats and Courts will get the blame.

All in all, it is a win/win situation for Trump.

It would not surprise me if, as usual, the Democrats and media are being played.
It's a sinister game plan, but yes, it's a good one, and when an attack happens, because it will, then yes it'll make a good thing to target the liberals and courts with and then degrade and diminish the 'checks and balances' so prized within the US system.
Again and again when people use tricks like this I come back to the old quote by Herman Goering:

Quote:
Göring: Why, of course, the people don't want war. Why would some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best that he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece? Naturally, the common people don't want war; neither in Russia nor in England nor in America, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy or a fascist dictatorship or a Parliament or a Communist dictatorship.

Gilbert: There is one difference. In a democracy, the people have some say in the matter through their elected representatives, and in the United States only Congress can declare wars.

Göring: Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.
Old 02-10-17, 08:35 AM   #1664
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Conways advertises for Ivanka Trump and calls Americans to buy her collection.

The White House Stage Show degenerates much faster into the expected nepotistic Muppets Show than even I have forseen. It seems I have overestimated them all.

Will the American people be called to distribute pans and cooking pots as Führergeschenke in the coming near future?

I apologize for having demanded some weeks ago to give Trump a chance, the benfit of doubt, the opportunity to show that we assessed him wrong. I must have lost my marbles when doing that. I mean I knew he would and never expected him to not mess it all up - but he simply stomps me into the ground with the rapid pace by which he brings the White House down. I thought we could afford to try to keep a last, remaining sense of fairness, those ominous first 100 days. But it shows that 100 hours is all that was needed, it seems.

Planet of Apes has become reality. And they have greed, and weapons.

At least I now know why I never liked J.R. He was a scruples-ridden dilletantee by comparison.

Giving the devil his due....Trump is certainly up against the wall no matter what he does. Less than a handful have been helpful. Further, there are many, many that want to see him fail. For those that want to see failure will go to any lengths to see it happen. Trump can not wipe his nose without comment from the left and media. Honestly, there was articles about his hair and what he uses on it. Seriously? For those allowing/granting Trump a chance to do well were only kidding themselves and really wanted to see failure. I would include you in that group.
Old 02-10-17, 08:36 AM   #1665
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

Playing the Nazi card again?

How predictable.

btw, during the 30s when he was frustated with the Supreme Court, FDR pushed a plan to pack the Court with more "friendly" justices.

Was he a Nazi too? or is that epithet just reserved for Republicans.

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter