SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-30-08, 06:06 AM   #901
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Thanks mate. Looking forward to giving it a spin.
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-08, 08:37 AM   #902
fox the italian
Swabbie

Downloads: 10

i have an idea!

why don't you create a skin for italian ptboats and a mediterranean campaign (with tobruk,or la spezia as base)? it would be a great thing for all the italian community, pleaseeee

grat mod! it is fantastic!
fox the italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-08, 11:17 AM   #903
johnm
Navy Dude

Downloads: 68

Downloaded V1. Had a bit of trouble running it, the old CTD trouble.

I'd been too quick and had activated the mod part career -

deleted careers and started a fresh one. Ran ok.

Even enjoyed it, sank three ships, including a C2! nearly 10k in total.

Only one problem (isn't there always?) Kept telling me 'not enough crew for flak guns!' at first I could only operate the 3.7 (my favourite anyway) but later in the patrol, I ordered guns crew and it only allowed me to operate the two 20mm!. Not nice especially as I was tangling with another C2 and I'd missed it with my last torpedo - too cocky!

Any idea about the flak crew? I'd filled all four places, admittedly with raw crew (1st patrol). But that's never been a problem before
johnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-08, 02:04 AM   #904
maple leaf
Nub

Downloads: 1

hi, im new. sorry if this has been covered but the thread is very long. can this mod run with GW 1.1? I don't think my puter can run 2.0, i tried 2.0 and it would never get passed the loading screen. does anyone know?

ps. GW 1.1 is awesome, i've been playing it for about a week now
maple leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-08, 10:08 AM   #905
johnm
Navy Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by maple leaf
hi, im new. sorry if this has been covered but the thread is very long. can this mod run with GW 1.1? I don't think my puter can run 2.0, i tried 2.0 and it would never get passed the loading screen. does anyone know?

ps. GW 1.1 is awesome, i've been playing it for about a week now

I say - give it a go. I use NYGM mod again becuase I'm running an old machine and GWX 2.1 really makes it graft.

Only thing to remember - don't try to run S-Boote mod and expect to use the sam SHIII installation for normal gaming. Best pan is to have an extra copy of SHIII (with whatever flavour of MOD you use solely for S-Boote. Otherwise you get odd funnies because of changes having been made by the mod.

The mod itself is great fun - so I'd say - go for it. The worst that can happen is it won't work, and if your using an extra installation all you need to do is delete it.
Old 05-05-08, 12:04 PM   #906
gord96
Commodore

Downloads: 57

has anyone noticed any problems caused by the S-boot mod the the main (uboat) game?

I have been using JSGME to install and uninstall the mod several times and I have not noticed any problems when I go back to my subs. Just want to check to see what these problems are just in case. :hmm:
gord96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-08, 12:31 PM   #907
gord96
Commodore

Downloads: 57

figured as much! thanks Mikayl!

dont mean to be annoying but seems everyone is saying that you should have a seperate install as it causes "odd funnies" as johnm above said. i have had no issues and you say it all good so thats good!
gord96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-08, 08:01 AM   #908
johnm
Navy Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by gord96
figured as much! thanks Mikayl!

dont mean to be annoying but seems everyone is saying that you should have a seperate install as it causes "odd funnies" as johnm above said. i have had no issues and you say it all good so thats good!

sorry, my mistake. I was refering to running a u-boat career WITHOUT uninstalling the S-Boote mod.

Apart from that, as Mikhay says, it's easier to have two installations and then you can 'tune' your mod selections to either S-Boote or U-Boat.
Old 05-07-08, 12:19 AM   #909
Kaleun Cook
Chief

Downloads: 25

Quote:
Only one problem (isn't there always?) Kept telling me 'not enough crew for flak guns!' at first I could only operate the 3.7 (my favourite anyway) but later in the patrol, I ordered guns crew and it only allowed me to operate the two 20mm!. Not nice especially as I was tangling with another C2 and I'd missed it with my last torpedo - too cocky!
When you order to man the guns only three men get on deck. It seems as if one has to put the fourth one on station manually.
Kaleun Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-08, 06:59 AM   #910
johnm
Navy Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleun Cook
Quote:
When you order to man the guns only three men get on deck. It seems as if one has to put the fourth one on station manually.
Yes, I've had that problem, but the difficulty I was having with 'not enough crew for flak guns!' was that I had got 4 crew members manning them. At first they were sailors - non-qualified but later I had a qualified flak gunner. The only thing I could thionk of was that unqualified crew didn't provide enough manning (i.e the old green strip - which doesn't show in the mod). I also found that by moving my qualified man into a differant slot meant I could man the 37mm and not the 20mms guns and vice versa. Most odd.
Old 05-07-08, 04:14 PM   #911
Red Heat
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 243

ooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! OUTSTANDING!

´´There is three kinds of man: the living, the death,
and those who are at Sea.´´

Plato
Red Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-08, 06:31 AM   #912
linerkiller
Captain

Downloads: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Heat
ooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! OUTSTANDING!
That mod is VERY outstanding...yesterday I was on patrol in the Mediterranean Sea when I found a taskforce composed by three sloops, a County-class heavy cruiser and the AQUITANIA ...i ran toward the liner under a fire storm coming from the enemy line. Fired my two torps when I was at some 3000yds from the liner and then the usual 180° turn to starboard to left the scene...TORPEDO TREFFER!!!...TORPEDO TREFFER!!!...both little children hit...she sank in less than fifteen minutes .
The most surprising thing is that my boat was perfectly OK...no one shell hit me !
SCORES: LINERKILLER (S-109) 41750 - BRITISH EMPIRE 0

Gute Jagd und fette Beute Kapiten RedHeat

"When we realized that our clubbing and kickings were being administered by the burned, mutilated survivors of our handiwork, we found we could take it with less prejudice." Captain Richard "Dick" O'Kane-USS Tang
http://www.youtube.com/user/willembrock
linerkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-08, 07:20 AM   #913
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Well done.....that feat I have yet to achieve

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-08, 07:28 AM   #914
linerkiller
Captain

Downloads: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna
Well done.....that feat I have yet to achieve
Try the Cagliari 3rd S-bootflottille in 1942...the med is full of juicy targets

"When we realized that our clubbing and kickings were being administered by the burned, mutilated survivors of our handiwork, we found we could take it with less prejudice." Captain Richard "Dick" O'Kane-USS Tang
http://www.youtube.com/user/willembrock
linerkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-08, 09:55 AM   #915
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Will do....at the weekend

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote