SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-10-10, 01:38 PM   #61
Cerberus62
A-ganger

Downloads: 75
Uploads: 0

Hi Josef,

to be honest, I don't want to carry the multipication to excess. Neither is it historically accurate nor do I want to see each ship sailing around with almost every flag available. Otherwise you might end up with German Flower class corvettes, because in 1943/44 three of them were brought into service by German Kriegsmarine. Or a proxy of the Revenge class battleship Royal Sovereign, since she was loaned to the USSR in 1944 and renamed Arkhangelsk. Know what I mean?

By the way, swedish vessels are of no use as long as people haven't installed the Terrain Harbour Flags Mod, because the game wouldn't utilize them.

But if you look at the first post of this thread you'll find a description of how to customize any ship type to sail under a foreign flag of your liking. It's quite easy, and I've done this many times for my personal usage (e. g. to get unarmed Irish trawlers, Swedish bulk carriers, Venezuelan tankers, Australian County class cruisers or even a Q-ship).

P. S.: Next version of Additional Merchant Ships Mod will contain a Hog Islander conversion, because these ships look akin to several types of German freighters build in the 1920s, thus contributing to a realistic ambience.
Cerberus62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-10, 02:19 PM   #62
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Downloads: 788

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus62 View Post
Hi Josef,
... Know what I mean?.

Of course. I respect that (..and even the Dale class tanker in US service?) and I apologize for my idea, you´re right.

Quote:
P. S.: Next version of Additional Merchant Ships Mod will contain a Hog Islander conversion, because these ships look akin to several types of German freighters build in the 1920s, thus contributing to a realistic ambience.
Thank you very much, I look forward to this conversion!
Sepp von Ch. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-10, 07:02 PM   #63
Cerberus62
A-ganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josef von Posorschitz View Post
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Of course. I respect that (..and even the Dale class tanker in US service?) and I apologize for my idea, you´re right.

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]

Thank you very much, I look forward to this conversion!
Nothing to apologize for, Josef. I appreciate feedback and suggestions. And if you still want the "Dale Class Fleet Oiler" conversion to sail under US flag:

copy OLDale.cfg from \data\Roster\British\Sea\ to \data\Roster\American\Sea\

(provided that you've installed both parts of Cerberus62 Additional Merchant Ships 1.0)

That's all.
Old 11-11-10, 01:09 PM   #64
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

Cerberus, can you mod the boat in the roster to appear also in the allied side? I'm talking about the Survivor subfolder in the Sea folder. Thanks.
Zedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-10, 06:12 PM   #65
Cerberus62
A-ganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
Cerberus, can you mod the boat in the roster to appear also in the allied side? I'm talking about the Survivor subfolder in the Sea folder. Thanks.
Er... the survivor's boat isn't linked to either side, is it? There's no cfg file in the roster folder, so I think this one only works if scripted. But I'm not shure about it. With the CMD_small_boat it's another story. After some tweaking this one should serve any side. Will run some tests with these boats and keep you informed.
Old 11-12-10, 02:14 AM   #66
Zedi
Sea Lord

The small boat show up only in the german roster, so if I wanna use it into a mission I cannot use it as an allied boat. In the game is also used only in axis missions like those with landing a spy and such.
Old 11-12-10, 04:33 AM   #67
elanaiba
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 3

Cerberus,

One other ship you may want to look into is the N3 mass produced coastal merchant:

http://drawings.usmaritimecommission...gs_n_types.htm
http://www.histarmar.com.ar/Vapores/...mm/08-N3-0.htm

Currently its present in the British and US rosters (KSCSN3SA1.cfg), but only makes appearances AFTER September 1942.

I don't have my ship ID books handy but I'm sure you can find something useful to substitute them for.

Here's a shot of the in-game model (poor detail on the deck level, where unless I'm forgetting some weird detail hatches are supposed to be)

elanaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-10, 09:59 AM   #68
Cerberus62
A-ganger

Quote:
The small boat show up only in the german roster, so if I wanna use it into a mission I cannot use it as an allied boat. In the game is also used only in axis missions like those with landing a spy and such.
Oh well, that's the Special Ops Boat (\Roster\German\Sea\SmallBoat.cfg that refers to \Sea\CMDSmallBoat\), not the Survivor, because for the unit in \Sea\Survivor\ there exists no cfg file in the \Roster\...\Sea\ folder.

Yes, it's possible to convert the SpecOps Boat. I'll attend to that.
Old 11-12-10, 10:23 AM   #69
Cerberus62
A-ganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by elanaiba View Post
Cerberus,

One other ship you may want to look into is the N3 mass produced coastal merchant:

http://drawings.usmaritimecommission...gs_n_types.htm
http://www.histarmar.com.ar/Vapores/...mm/08-N3-0.htm

Currently its present in the British and US rosters (KSCSN3SA1.cfg), but only makes appearances AFTER September 1942.

I don't have my ship ID books handy but I'm sure you can find something useful to substitute them for.

Here's a shot of the in-game model (poor detail on the deck level, where unless I'm forgetting some weird detail hatches are supposed to be)
I agree, this kind of coastal cargo ship should appear earlier in the game.
There are two alternatives:

1. Edit the \data\Roster\British\Sea\KSCSN3SA1.cfg by changing the appropriate line to AppearanceDate=19380101
Do the same for the other countries accordingly.

2. Install Cerberus62 Historical Ship Equipment 1.3 (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...=175455&page=3), this mod will fix it. And you'll get an additional dazzle camouflage for the N3-S-A1 freighter.
Old 11-12-10, 11:36 AM   #70
elanaiba
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 3

Aaah, I see now. You already fixed it in the other mod. Forgot to check there.

elanaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-10, 09:47 PM   #71
Cerberus62
A-ganger

Quote:
Just finished the tests. To make it available as a British boat all you have to do is: Copy \Roster\German\Sea\SmallBoat.cfg to \Roster\British\Sea\SmallBoat.cfg

Old 11-12-10, 10:04 PM   #72
SashaKA001
中国水兵

Downloads: 231

Quote:
Just finished the tests. To make it available as a British boat all you have to do is: Copy \Roster\German\Sea\SmallBoat.cfg to \Roster\British\Sea\SmallBoat.cfg

can add to all countries where there is a folder Sea? or ...
SashaKA001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-10, 05:02 AM   #73
Zedi
Sea Lord

Ok, it works, thanks.

And no, it will not show in the roster if you copy the files to any other nation than British. But is no point in doing that .. now we have in roster a small boat for axis and ally too.
Old 11-13-10, 08:02 AM   #74
Cerberus62
A-ganger

Quote:
Ok, it works, thanks.

And no, it will not show in the roster if you copy the files to any other nation than British. But is no point in doing that .. now we have in roster a small boat for axis and ally too.
No offence, but I have to disagree. I made a copy for \data\Roster\American\Sea\ - and it works as well. The Mission Editor now contains the SpecOpsSmallBoat as American unit. It's selectable and it appears in the test mission that I have build.
Old 11-13-10, 10:53 AM   #75
Zedi
Sea Lord

True, sorry .. missed that.

But anyway, no need to put it on every nation folder once it is already inside a ally and axis side. They dont carry a flag, or any other identification marking.
Thanks again.

Tags
merchant, proxy, ships